Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2021 12:33:57 AM EDT
I'll be in Beatty Sunday through Tuesday morning.   Should have some free time Sunday night and Monday afternoon.    

Aside from being on the edge of nowhere, is there any recommendations?
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 12:40:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 12:43:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Go visit Ryolite, just a few miles outside of Beatty.

If you headed toward Vegas from Beatty Ash Meadows National Wildlife Refuge is a neat place to walk around. You can see most of it in a couple hours.
View Quote

Sweet.  I'll check it out!
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 6:38:36 AM EDT
[#3]
The statues in Rhyolite are neat and so is the graveyard. Must do if your that close. There’s Also a bunch on neat mines in the Bullfrog Mountains right behind Beatty but that’s probably more time than you have. You’d need a good pack with supplies.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 11:13:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I will not have any gear.   So any longer hikes will not happen.  

I fly into Vegas Sunday, stay two nights in Beatty, then fly out of Vegas on Tuesday.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 11:21:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 1:46:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I witnessed a car crash back in March.   It is in pre trial and I have to give testimony.  

I guess Beatty is the county seat.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 5:24:56 PM EDT
[#7]
If you go to Ash Meadows, take a bright handheld flashlight.  The last 2 times we went, you needed a light just to see into The Devil's Hole and The Devil's Hole II to see the pup fish.  One had algae over the water and the other was really shaded.  We usually visit there a couple of times a years and bring a picnic lunch with us.

If you like old fashioned candies, The Death Valley Nut & Candy Company has a lot of choices.  I guess they changed their name.
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 4:42:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Jar of habanero stuffed olives from the little trailer on the south end of town.
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 7:58:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Feed donkeys apples or carrots, visit Beatty museum, Buy ammo cans and that is about it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 3:30:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Chili and beer at the Happy Burro.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 7:38:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I've driven in big cities across all of Europe and the US.   But it's been 20 years.

Trying to to 95 from the airport was stress inducing.  I am officially a bumpkin again.

My hometown has less than 10 stop lights.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 11:08:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Chili and beer at the Happy Burro.
View Quote

I literally walked in the door and a guy handed me a beer.  It was entertaining to say the least.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 11:08:57 PM EDT
[#13]
I managed to hit everything on the list with the exception of the ammo cans.   I figured the tsa would shit bricks if I tried to pack them home.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 12:00:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:57:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

They are overpriced anyways...but he has them and has sizes I've only seen there.
View Quote

Yep, used to hit him up on my return trips from Vegas.  Lots of oddballs I rarely (if ever) see elsewhere but too spendy for the standard sizes.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 1:05:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

They are overpriced anyways...but he has them and has sizes I've only seen there.
View Quote

What sizes? I assume he buys them from a government sale website then sells individually to make double his money.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top