Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2021 12:10:24 PM EDT
Hey guys - moving back to Vegas. I’ll be in the Summerlin/Red Rocks area.  Looking for recommendations on internet providers. Seems to be between centurylink and cox. Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 1:41:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Cox is basically your only choice.
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 11:26:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cox is basically your only choice.
View Quote

Well ok, I appreciate it
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 12:00:07 AM EDT
[#3]
@Troutman84 If you can get on CenturyLink it is $65/mo out the door for 1Gbps up and down fiber to the home service. If their fiber isnt in your neighborhood then Starlink could be an option. I also run that. CL never has outages I have seen 99.9999% up time for the last 3 years.

Starlink is competitive in a way because they are getting better by the day but I see up to 350Mbps down and 20-40Mbps up with low latency. Ping me if you need more info.

Unlike Cox, neither of these carriers have bandwidth caps. If you are concerned about not having 1Gbps service, I wouldn’t. I have family running all over my networks and they can barely put a dent in 1Gbps so Starlink would suit the majority of consumer needs and support 4K all day long.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 11:11:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@Troutman84 If you can get on CenturyLink it is $65/mo out the door for 1Gbps up and down fiber to the home service. If their fiber isnt in your neighborhood then Starlink could be an option. I also run that. CL never has outages I have seen 99.9999% up time for the last 3 years.

Starlink is competitive in a way because they are getting better by the day but I see up to 350Mbps down and 20-40Mbps up with low latency. Ping me if you need more info.

Unlike Cox, neither of these carriers have bandwidth caps. If you are concerned about not having 1Gbps service, I wouldn’t. I have family running all over my networks and they can barely put a dent in 1Gbps so Starlink would suit the majority of consumer needs and support 4K all day long.
View Quote

Thank you!
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 6:57:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Welink may be a option after a while in Summerlin.    They are installing in Henderson right now.

Mine is going to be a seed home. Longtime Cox user looking for options.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top