BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2021 2:10:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 9:05:51 PM EDT
[#1]
BOHICA!
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 3:19:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Even the communists in California provided a way for people to get their home built firearms a serial number. Nevada Dems are offering no such path in this bill. They're just declaring 80% frames/receivers illegal with no compensation or path to compliance.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 3:49:27 PM EDT
[#3]
FK CALIFORNIA.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 3:56:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Opinions AGAINST this sorry piece of trash bill, are significant but they ignore the opinions of those they “represent”, pushing us one step closer to overturning this train-wreck in America.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 5:37:56 PM EDT
[#5]
The only thing these fools represent is daddy Bloomberg's wallet.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 8:54:04 PM EDT
[#6]
https://www.leg.state.nv.us/AppCF/Opinion/81st2021/reports/

Look at those numbers.

https://cqrcengage.com/nvfac/home?0

Legislative Update
April 9, 2021

We are disappointed, to say the least, that Democratic leadership in the Assembly rammed through the Judiciary Committee dozens of party-line, controversial bills this afternoon, including Assembly Bill 286.

From the time it was added to the agenda to the time it was voted on was only about 30 minutes.

We sent out our alert as quickly as we knew for a fact the bill would be voted on, and we appreciate all of you who were able to send off letters in the minutes before the vote was cast to pass the legislation out of committee and send it to the Assembly floor.

We are continuing to monitor AB286 and will alert you as soon as we can regarding when it will be heard on the Assembly floor.

This is a rude reminder of what we can expect when anti-firearms rights legislators have majorities in each house and hold the governor’s office. We must all stand together to oppose AB286 and work in the next election to oppose the legislators who continue to bring California-style gun laws to Nevada.

Yours in Liberty,

Duncan Rand Mackie

President

Nevada Firearms Coalition PAC
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 1:48:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I feel the most damaging part of this bill is permit holders are now going to be banned from protecting their families while it does nothing to prevent crime.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 11:51:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Last Friday, the Assembly Judiciary Committee decided to sneak a vote through on AB 286, and it will be eligible for a floor vote this week! This bill did not appear on any Assembly Judiciary Committee agenda for a work session, nor did it appear on any of the five revised agendas the committee sent out leading up to the hearing. Please contact your Assembly member and ask them to OPPOSE 286
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 8:28:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FK CALIFORNIA.
View Quote

Not California’s fault. Gardnerville’s fault for having the ATF come to town for those gun kits you can have mailed to your house.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:49:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Not California’s fault. Gardnerville’s fault for having the ATF come to town for those gun kits you can have mailed to your house.
View Quote

They're in Dayton, just down the street from me.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 10:59:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

They're in Dayton, just down the street from me.
View Quote

Yeah. They didn’t help AT ALL since the bill is practically targeting them specifically. I bet 90% of the state had no clue what they made 6 months ago.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 2:20:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yeah. They didn’t help AT ALL since the bill is practically targeting them specifically. I bet 90% of the state had no clue what they made 6 months ago.
View Quote

I'm a little unclear as to what exactly you're getting at here.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:46:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bullshit, the liberal cunt that introduced the bill is from CA originally. Cali libs are like locust and have destroyed WA, OR and NV. They are working on destroying ID, AZ and UT.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 9:01:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Bullshit, the liberal cunt that introduced the bill is from CA originally. Cali libs are like locust and have destroyed WA, OR and NV. They are working on destroying ID, AZ and UT.
View Quote

I see you showing me on the internet map where they hurt you. I know it’s hard to grasp the fact Nevada isn’t the young baby you remember from the 1980s and has changed into something different in 2021. Make sure you continue to complain and do nothing to help the situation. Just blame others for things changing.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 10:16:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 10:56:29 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

Mine either.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 10:58:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Mine either.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Mine either.

Likewise.

Can't say I'm shocked.. the leftists own the system and are doing as they please with it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 1:24:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Hey guys. Don’t post much but I think I might have some good news. I have been talking in the ears of some of our reps and I exhausted my years of political gains with this (I work in gov so I see a lot of these people, but I don’t run in their circles). I am not saying that I did anything to effect the outcome, but if I can put my thumb on the scale I’ll do it if I think the battle can be won.

Anyway. Looks like the CCW provisions in AB286 have been deleted and all that is left is ghost guns.

https://www.leg.state.nv.us/Session/81st2021/Bills/Amendments/A_AB286_R1_481.pdf
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 10:21:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Oh, and we can thank MGM Corp for trying to force the CCW restrictions on us. They were the big money behind the bill.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 12:31:58 PM EDT
[#20]
added another comment on the amended bill and updated my GD thread.  

Link Posted: 4/21/2021 4:34:25 PM EDT
[#21]
This just exposes the real reasons behind the bill: serialization is the only way to have registration, and then confiscation.

I like how MGM tries to retaliate against the law abiding when they're partiall liable for the massacre that happened.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 4:07:49 AM EDT
[#22]
There is no provision for us to even get a serial number and keep our homemade firearms.   Even kalifornia has a system to get serial numbers for homemade firearms.

Under this law, the only way to keep from automatically becoming a felon is to destroy any homemade firearms in our possession.

The only thing I can think of is marking and serializing them, then selling them out of state before the law takes effect?
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 10:13:30 AM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

My email was not there and neither was the wife's.

If you looked at the dates...they only posted the emails from March 16 and from March 17th.

It comes with no surprise that our Legislators are not being honest with us.

Was there some mythical deadline that we missed for posting our emails?
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 5:25:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 7:05:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
There is no provision for us to even get a serial number and keep our homemade firearms.   Even kalifornia has a system to get serial numbers for homemade firearms.

Under this law, the only way to keep from automatically becoming a felon is to destroy any homemade firearms in our possession.

The only thing I can think of is marking and serializing them, then selling them out of state before the law takes effect?
View Quote

So the guns that I Form 1ed from 80%ers make me a felon? They can kiss my ass and smell the hole. If uncle Sam says I'm legal, I'm legal.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 8:28:26 PM EDT
[#26]
The law exempts federally licensed manufacturers and importers.

They are the only ones allowed under that law to create serial numbers.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 8:38:47 PM EDT
[#27]
just a thought for folks that legally made firearms, can you take them to an ffl 07 and have them engrave them?
dumb shit law
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 10:39:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Democrats are stupid as fuck.  Seriously, IQs sub 70.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 9:43:25 AM EDT
[#29]
The way I read this stupid shit is any Non-antique ( Post 1898) and per-serial number (1968) would also be banned if it was manufactured without a serial number.  There goes grandpa's shotgun and hunting rifle hand me downs.  

Any recommendations for for someone that will engrave on "paperweights" down here in the South?
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 10:28:15 AM EDT
[#30]
https://tenor.com/bqvBg.gif
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 2:57:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
just a thought for folks that legally made firearms, can you take them to an ffl 07 and have them engrave them?
dumb shit law
View Quote
I dont think a manufacturer wants to put their name on a homemade firearm.  I don't think their insurance company would like that.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 6:23:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I dont think a manufacturer wants to put their name on a homemade firearm.  I don't think their insurance company would like that.
View Quote

Speaking as a manufacturer, I agree.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 9:25:20 PM EDT
[#34]

“There are certain places like a grocery store, Starbucks or the Las Vegas Strip, where I just don’t understand — even as a gun owner — why people need to have their guns there.”

Really? Only a few weeks after Boulder? How can someone be this gigantic of an idiot? They have to realize we see through their absolutely retarded world view. And fucking spare me the I'm-a-gun-owner-but bullshit. If I could find a decent job in a free state I'd leave this place tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 12:17:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

In all my almost 52 years I have never had a cop look for or run a serial number on anything I've ever owned. I can see this nonsense possibly being an add on charge if you committed 20 other felonies but that's about it.
View Quote

Add-on??? Nope. It is a good GM charge, sexy because it is about those super scary guns, and the major cities are full of liberally minded leadership in LE.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 12:23:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Really? Only a few weeks after Boulder? How can someone be this gigantic of an idiot? They have to realize we see through their absolutely retarded world view. And fucking spare me the I'm-a-gun-owner-but bullshit. If I could find a decent job in a free state I'd leave this place tomorrow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

"There are certain places like a grocery store, Starbucks or the Las Vegas Strip, where I just don't understand  even as a gun owner  why people need to have their guns there."

I dont go to the strip often. Last time i did go,  it was hard to keep my hand off my gun, shitton of FREAKS. Starbucks i dont go there period but if I did I sure as fuck would be carrying just in case some idiot did something that made me need to shoot them. Grocery store? Who dosen't carry if they have half a brain cells that's active....

Oh and I dont own any guns,  honest
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 12:28:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Well, they can't force me to destroy thousands of dollars worth of legally obtained property.

I don't see how it can stand up in court.

Link Posted: 4/25/2021 3:24:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I dont go to the strip often. Last time i did go,  it was hard to keep my hand off my gun, shitton of FREAKS. Starbucks i dont go there period but if I did I sure as fuck would be carrying just in case some idiot did something that made me need to shoot them. Grocery store? Who dosen't carry if they have half a brain cells that's active....

Oh and I dont own any guns,  honest
View Quote

Last I saw section 2 that dealt with expanding concealed carry restrictions was stricken by amendment. Purely ghost guns now
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 10:41:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Well, they can't force me to destroy thousands of dollars worth of legally obtained property.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Just compensation and the Takings Clause is a 5th amendment protection and should apply here, however we saw how well that went over with bump-stocks. Maybe it would have more standing here since they are designating unfinished receivers as firearms.

If the Government Prohibits Bump Stocks, Do They Need to Compensate Owners?
The Fifth Amendment says that private property cannot be taken except for a public use and with just compensation. If bump stock owners are essentially giving up their property for the “public good,” then shouldn’t they be owed compensation?

The district court dismissed MSI’s Takings Clause claim because the law does not include a governmental confiscation of the guns nor a mandate that owners cede possession to the State. The Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals agreed. Now, MSI seeks review by the Supreme Court in order to affirm that the Takings Clause requires just compensation when the most fundamental property right, possession, is usurped by the government.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 11:53:07 AM EDT
[#40]
I'm surprised non of the veterans groups are against it since bring backs will become felonies as they weren't serialized by a federally licensed manufacturer or importer.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top