Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2021 7:07:27 PM EDT
In Vegas and looking for a good instructor for my renewal and I also have some family that's thinking about getting their permit. Also curious if anyone went through the process during the current situation and trying to get some feedback on current wait times.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:33:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Did mine at the beginning of covid.  Wait time are full blown to the limit which was 120 days i believe.  I did my renewal in alamo Nevada.  Only 4 people total including myself in the class and i knew them all.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:46:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:28:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Last one I took was through Spartan Arms.  Sign up at the store on N. Decatur.  Class is held up at the Clark County Shooting Complex.  One of the better CCW classes I've been to.  Instructor wasn't a tacticool idiot and didn't look down his nose at anyone who carried a different weapon than he did.  Class was full so as you can imagine, there were a couple of brand new gun owners who asked very off the wall questions.  Instructor handled them well.  Answered their questions quickly so as not to hold up the entire class but answered them "gently" so as not to insult the new folks.  Qualification was the standard six shots, reload, six more shots at three different distances.  This was also well orchestrated and went smoothly.

FYI:  I didn't need to take the class at the time but I did so to accompany my wife.  It was her very first CCW class.  She was incredibly nervous about both the class and the qualification.  She walked away after it was all over with a huge smile on her face.  It was a great experience for her.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:05:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Did my renewal class at the Gun Store off Trop on Monday. Had two pretty female instructors .
Take my paper work downtown on the coming Monday. Which is a little over a120 days plus till my permit expires, so I think I timed it right. It was quick and easy,I know a lot of people do not like the Gun Store. They do have 9mm ammo, $999 for a 1000 rounds .
Be safe everyone.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:33:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did my renewal class at the Gun Store off Trop on Monday. Had two pretty female instructors .
Take my paper work downtown on the coming Monday. Which is a little over a120 days plus till my permit expires, so I think I timed it right. It was quick and easy,I know a lot of people do not like the Gun Store. They do have 9mm ammo, $999 for a 1000 rounds .
Be safe everyone.
View Quote

I've always done my renewals through them. As far as I'm concerned it's the easiest and most convenient. I'm not looking for anything other than the government mandated pieces of paper I need to beg for my permission to defend myself. I couldn't care less about the class, the instructor or anything else. I'm just meeting an artificial requirement for renewing.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:49:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Just to let all you guys know the The Gun Store is under new ownership. Bob Irwin is no longer affiliated with the business at all  We are undergoing a total remodel and are striving to be more local friendly. Our CCW instructors are top notch. The Sasha and Felicia are great and know their stuff. We are doing classes 3 times a week. I still do a class once a month for renewals.  We did get a large shipment of 9mm in last week and are selling it for $849.95 for a thousand rounds. I know that is crazy high but we are not making much money on it at all as we had to pay way more than we have had to in the past.   If any of you are familiar with the current ammo shortage you know there is a lot of price gouging going on. We are also being beaten up by our suppliers and shipments have been very small. I do not feel the situation will improve any time soon. Please don't take it out on us as we are trying our best to keep prices down. I going to double post this response as a new thread to let you guys  know the situation. Thanks
Tony
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 6:43:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Tony,
Did mean the high prices are slight against you and The GunStore just the craziness of the current price situation.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 6:44:53 AM EDT
[#8]
i did my original one at the gun store and my renewal with mike orr.  i was the only person that day so it went pretty quick  renewal was in sep 2018.  took the full 120 days for my renewal to arrive
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 8:47:09 AM EDT
[#9]
My understanding is that the expiring state permits are extended by the covid emergency declaration:

Washoe CCW
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 4:16:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I did my ccw class at Green Valley Range.  Pretty sure George was the name of the instructor.  It was a train wreck.  He kept trying to insert 15 round mags into a Glock 17 and couldnt figure out why they dropped to the floor.  Then he repeatedly tried putting the guide rod in backwards and argued that it goes in either way.  He also kept referring to malfunction drills as dry firing.  Several other WTF moments involving his flying experience and general firearm use/policies.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 9:08:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My understanding is that the expiring state permits are extended by the covid emergency declaration:

Washoe CCW
View Quote

Only extended 90 days. How hard is it to find an opening in a class? With people working from home I’d be shocked if night classes weren’t a thing right now.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 2:59:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Only extended 90 days. How hard is it to find an opening in a class? With people working from home I’d be shocked if night classes weren’t a thing right now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Washoe CCW

Extended 90 days past license expiration or the end of the emergency declaration, whichever is later:

All licenses and permits issued by the State of Nevada, Boards, Commissions,
Agencies, or political subdivisions of the State of Nevada that expire or are set to
expire during the period the Declaration of Emergency dated March 12, 2020 is in
effect shall be extended for a period of 90 days from the current expiration date,
or 90 days from the date the state of emergency declared on March 12, 2020 is
terminated, whichever is later, if reduced government operations due to the state
of emergency makes timely renewal of the license or permit impracticable or
impossible.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 4:39:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was able to find an opening class at spartan arms for mid March. They had quite a few openings for multiple different dates throughout the next few months.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 5:49:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Just a quick update, went through the class spartan arms offers. Was great and really informative. Brandon did a great job going over all information needed and answered any questions that were asked. Metro is currently out until some time in May before appointments are available, multiple people tried to do walk ins and were turned away at the door when I was waiting for my turn.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 7:17:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Did mine with https://www.toplinedefense.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top