Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/5/2013 3:26:56 PM EDT
I used to do a fair amount of woodworking, and in the past my Dad owned a good sized cabinet shop here in town, so I had access to all of the tools I could ever need.  He sold his shop a couple years ago leaving me without access to a jointer or a planer to prepare rough stock.

I decided recently to get back into woodworking but haven't had the spare cash to buy all of the tools yet.  I've got some 8/4 maple and cherry I want to use to make a few cutting boards for Christmas presents but need to flatten and straighten the boards before I can get to work.  If someone has a jointer and a planer I can use, I'd be very appreciative.  I'm happy to pay to use them or bring the beer (or both).  

Any help or leads is appreciated.

Joey
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 4:04:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a small plane if you need that...

good luck

D
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 4:16:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have a small plane if you need that...

View Quote

good luck

D

Thanks, I do have hand planes, I'm just hoping to save some time and effort and do it the easy way.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 5:01:58 AM EDT
[#3]
If the local high school has a wood shop, you might offer a small donation to their program in exchange for use of their equipment. Its worth a shot.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 9:49:40 PM EDT
[#4]
PM me. Ronnie
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 10:15:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Message sent.  Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top