Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2013 10:20:31 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 10:57:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Sedition loving D's have the majority in both houses of our legislature.

W. Horne would never let it out of "his" judiciary committee.
Remember that he blocked campus carry last session.
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 11:28:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd love to see it
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 4:32:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Hmm I wonder if my wife could find a teaching job up there. Glad to see there are still some states with common sense.
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 4:37:36 PM EDT
[#4]
God Bless Wyoming!

Link Posted: 1/10/2013 5:39:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought state law could not trump federal law? I'd like to see every state pass this and tell the federal law to go for a hike...
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 7:04:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I thought state law could not trump federal law? I'd like to see every state pass this and tell the federal law to go for a hike...

10th Amendment?
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 7:41:49 AM EDT
[#7]
DEA has stated that they generally don't enforce federal marijuana laws on persons with state medijuana that are in compliance with such. The BATFE may be a bit different in that they tend to play things fast and loose as directed by their politically motivated higher-ups.  

This WY bill is interesting in that the state AG may act in defense of the accused, and also makes it a felony for a federal agent to enforce the law within the state.  

Link Posted: 1/11/2013 11:22:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got my people who know people looking into getting this into the 2013 legislative session. I'm new at this, so I'm figuring it out on the fly. There was a question as to if it could be put on, as we are after December 15, for whatever that is worth.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 12:01:51 AM EDT
[#9]
In the first two weeks of the session each legislator may introduce two new bills.

Smart legislators use those opportunities for issues important to their constituents.
Liberals introduce bills to ban plastic bags, helium balloons, and trans-fats.  

It would take a very brave person to introduce a bill similar to the OP posted link.
Might make a good counter to the expected NV AWB bill.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 6:51:51 AM EDT
[#10]
I've contacted Brian Sandoval and my senator/assemblyman Wes Duncan and Mark Hutchison about introducing legislation regarding protecting our rights within the state.  I would sure be nice to shoot down any federal laws as most of them could be in violation of the 10th amendment.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 2:31:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Three of our pro-RKBA Nevada politicians showed up at the rally today.

Two will be introducing the OP's desired legislation.
One in the senate and one in the house.

They reminded the crowd that D's control both judiciary committees, so a massive citizen effort will be required for the bills to ever be heard.

No sitting on the sidelines this year, EVERYONE has to pitch in!
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 6:50:15 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Three of our pro-RKBA Nevada politicians showed up at the rally today.

Two will be introducing the OP's desired legislation.

One in the senate and one in the house.

They reminded the crowd that D's control both judiciary committees, so a massive citizen effort will be required for the bills to ever be heard.

No sitting on the sidelines this year, EVERYONE has to pitch in!

Awesome. I thought I saw some political types making the rounds.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top