Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2012 11:18:39 AM EDT
I'm considering moving to Reno and looking for a job in the hospitality industry.

What does the average 3 bedroom 2 bath house rent for in a nice neighborhood?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 11:34:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Around 900-1,200 depending on the location.  +water, electricity, gas etc. That same apartment will run you $750 in some of the nicer rent controlled apartment communities here.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 2:52:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I pay 980 per month for a 2 bedroom 2 bath. That comes with water and basic cable. Nice area.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:01:15 PM EDT
[#3]
This is a loaded inquiry.  I had a 2 bedroom house i rented for $750/mon.  It was old and kind of in a the hood.  You can rent something new and awesome for just over $1k.  If you can probably find something middle of the road for about $900.  It all comes down to location, and how long of a lease you're willing to do.  If you have more specific ideas, I may be able to help more
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:50:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I am in a nice quiet spot in sparks and pay 1100 currently for a 3bd 2 bath
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:18:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Shitty 3bd/2ba dump in the wells corridor for $850/month.
Hospitality is a tough market right now.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 10:15:36 PM EDT
[#6]
My employee has his 3bed 2 1/2 bath 2 car garage for rent........$1000 - $1200.....May Anne, Rob dr. area.........new and clean, culdesac house

IM me if interested

He just moved up to Virginia Highlands
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 2:41:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Shitty 3bd/2ba dump in the wells corridor for $850/month.
Hospitality is a tough market right now.

Why do you say the hospitality is a tough market right now? I have hotel management experience and have found tons of jobs online. Even some that start at 38k a year for entry level front desk.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:37:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Unemployment is super high, hospitality is the biggest employer (Im including food and beverage in that). My experience and from what I have seen, the market is tough and those jobs are pulling in 5x the number of applicants in these crappy times.
Not tryin to be doom and gloom. My girlfriend can walk into a place that claims they arent hiring and walk out with a job while I was getting passed over for assistant movie theater management positions.

I just wouldnt make a move without a garaunteed job.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top