User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2010 6:48:25 AM EDT
Winter is upon us.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:13:02 AM EDT
[#1]
It's Bush's fault.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:37:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Winter in Nevada is relative. Especially in the south.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:38:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:21:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Cold up here on the north side of town... was windy as hell fishing out in Verdi the last couple mornings. I hate the cold
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:04:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Well Mt. Rose ain't down south.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:48:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm gonna be in Tahoe/ Reno 10/22-10/25 what kind of weather can I expect?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:53:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Late October? Unstable, quickly changing weather, lots of cold wind. Dress in layers.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:06:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Late October? Unstable, quickly changing weather, lots of cold wind. Dress in layers.

That sounds like the weather everyday of the year. I played a round of golf in August, 55 degrees and 25 mph winds.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:51:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Scraped the windshield this morning in Elko.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:05:12 PM EDT
[#10]
there's been a patch of snow on Mt.Rose though the whole summer.....just looked at it again today.  I was told that it has been quite a few years since that has happened.

advntrjnky
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:26:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
there's been a patch of snow on Mt.Rose though the whole summer.....just looked at it again today.  I was told that it has been quite a few years since that has happened.

advntrjnky

When is this "Global Warming" thing suposed to happen ??....................................

Crapshoot.......Does the BATFE know about your "select fire" mouse ?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 1:56:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I can't wait till snow hits Mount Charleston as that is my view from by backyard.Love Vegas in the winter..hate the summers.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:30:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

advntrjnky

I've been watching that little patch too all summer, cheering it on and hoping it lasts.  It's very small now, but it's still up there.  I just looked.

Last week, I opined to my wife that if a patch of ice –– no matter how small –– manages to stay year round until it's covered by the next season's snowfall, doesn't that make it an official 'glacier'?

Global warming alarmists have been recently doomsaying that glaciers the world over are melting.... er, but Reno now has one?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:04:57 AM EDT
[#14]
I made the same glacier comment to my wife.....she shot me down about it not being a glacier   Nevada did have a number of alpine glaciers in the past.  you can see evidence of such in the eastern mountains (like near Ely).   this was well before white man's arrival, though.

advntrjnky

ETA: I keep chearing that little patch on,too.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:05:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

advntrjnky

When is this "Global Warming" thing suposed to happen ??....................................

Crapshoot.......Does the BATFE know about your "select fire" mouse ?

Just quick on the trigger is all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top