Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2010 6:23:10 AM EDT
A good friend of mine has been working with our elected officials to try to keep the Gold Butte area open to recreation for the last several months.  Word has come that there are over 300 people supporting the wilderness protection designation with very few people supporting common sense management of the area.

If you have hunted, camped or enjoyed the area, please call your elected officials and let them know you oppose the wilderness protection designation for Gold Butte.

More information and a unified message can be found at his blog, Save Gold Butte.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:32:15 AM EDT
[#1]
They got gold in Gold Butte?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:51:17 AM EDT
[#2]
At one point they did...along with silver and a few other valuable minerals.

It's really an awesome place that a lot of Vegas folks don't know about and it's about to be closed off by the enviro freaks.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:34:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I know people in both camps and think that it is not accurate to label one side "Enviro Freaks" .   I doubt that the majority of people opposed to the Wilderness are the ones vandalizing historical atrifacts as the pro wildeness side might claim.  as with most issues I'm sure most people are somewhere in between.    I have camped and worked out at Gold Butte and I agree that it is a very worthwhile area to visit and enjoy (no matter what side of the issue you are on).

advntrjnky
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:22:34 PM EDT
[#4]
The issue is there won't be an area to visit, if the proposal goes through.

I love hiking, but the limited use area is not my idea of hunting or riding in the area.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top