Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2010 3:21:06 PM EDT
Boooooooooooooo!!!,  I like this guy less and less,  2012 needs to get here.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/09/01/obama-administration-reverses-course-forbids-sale-antique-m-rifles/
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 3:38:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Boooooooooooooo!!!,  I like this guy less and less,  2012 needs to get here.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/09/01/obama-administration-reverses-course-forbids-sale-antique-m-rifles/

That implies you liked him at some point
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 6:27:15 PM EDT
[#2]
"A State Department spokesman said the administration's decision was based on concerns that the guns could fall into the wrong hands."

Forget the gun issue, the leadership of this country has already fallen into the wrong hands. I've met gun owners that ACTUALLY voted for Obama.  

I wonder how that Hope and Change is workin' out now for those Morons.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 9:20:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the part about how they are worried about the high capacity of the Garand......  Forgetting for a moment that the CMP is a govt program selling Garands but how about remembering that the Garand was the tool that killed many a Axis soldier and won the freedom of untold millions.  

And for the record I have never voted for Obama (or any other democrat)
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 9:51:46 PM EDT
[#4]
fubar
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 10:32:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Asked why the M1s pose a threat, the State Department spokesman referred questions to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. ATF representatives said they would look into the question Monday afternoon, but on Wednesday they referred questions to the Justice Department. DOJ spokesman Dean Boyd referred questions back to the State Department. The White House referred questions on the issue to the Pentagon, which referred questions to the U.S. Embassy in South Korea, which deferred back to the State Department.

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 10:42:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Asked why the M1s pose a threat, the State Department spokesman referred questions to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. ATF representatives said they would look into the question Monday afternoon, but on Wednesday they referred questions to the Justice Department. DOJ spokesman Dean Boyd referred questions back to the State Department. The White House referred questions on the issue to the Pentagon, which referred questions to the U.S. Embassy in South Korea, which deferred back to the State Department.

And I refer the question to the DMV!

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 10:54:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Anything we can do about this? Who could we contact to help get these in? Senators? Congressman? Anything?
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 11:58:16 AM EDT
[#8]
There was also talk of the legality of selling lend-lease firearms back to the US govt. The Koreans don't have proof that they purchased these items, therefore, they cannot sell them.
Did anyone notice the picture from the above link? I have no clue what the top three rifles are, and the bottom appears to be an M1, but in a wacky stock. WTH did they do to our rifles?
Disregard, if I'd have looked closer, it's a pic of the development of the M1. Duh.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:43:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:06:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anything we can do about this?

The exact same thing you have done you have done for the past 19 months with this administration, bend over.

There has to be someone we can annoy. Who is responsible for making the decision?
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:16:05 PM EDT
[#11]
M1 carbines can hold high-capacity ammunition clips that allow dozens of rounds to be fired before re-loading

I'm no M1 carbine expert, but I haven't seen a magazine that can do that. Must be nice.

Let's think economics.  The CMP sales go to .gov, right? And I'm sure the guns would be sold to the US public at a profit?

Who am i kidding? Who needs profit based ideas, they'll just get our money from taxes.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:24:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Maybe someone should call Harry Reid and get him into this so that he can earn some of that money he got from the NRA.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 2:18:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Wow, gone full circle, impressive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top