Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2010 9:50:28 AM EDT
Any information would be greatly appreciated. I'm thinking of buying a second home for
investment & possible retirement in few years. I visit Vegas 3-4 times a year but would
like to start  staying a couple weeks at a time & thinking of making a purchase. Don't
like the handgun registration but guess would have to live with it.
Anyway would like to purchase in a nice area, been told Summerlin, Lone Mt, The Lakes
would be very good areas. Summerlin being the better. Looking at Condo/TH and homes.
Now leaning more condo/th just for less up keep since I'm in Texas & visit a few times.

Any & all info would help.

Thanks!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 12:38:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like you have some good choices there.  There are some condo developments in Henderson too.  Your budget, and what you like to do out here would help you choose.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 12:54:07 PM EDT
[#2]
there are nice areas and not so nice areas scattered all over.

some people want to be right by a freeway or not near power lines, close to a grocery store or park. etc.

it's fairly easy to know what you like when you see it but seems hard to suggest areas off the top of my head. much easier if you're actually here and can drive around yourself.

a good realtor will help... but sometimes it takes a while to work out what you're actually looking for.

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 4:07:07 PM EDT
[#3]
First watch out for the HOAs, they have some really bad ones here.  ( I think they all are bad)  WE have a lot of nice neighborhoods nestled in the backs of some of the weirdest places.  Depends on how much you want to spend and what you want to do in las vegas.

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 4:58:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Most people check the lvmpd web site and check potential areas to live and the crime statistics.  Probably a good idea.  Another overlooked qol data point is traffic.  There is a reason that I15 during morning and evening rush hour is to be avoided.  There is a reason 95S during the morning, and 95N during the evening is to be avoided.  Then there's the 215 and you can figure when westbound and eastbound should be avoided.  Make the wrong choice and you're screwed traffic-wise.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 6:30:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Check out Henderson .
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 8:55:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Greenvalley
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 9:45:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Summerlin.  I've lived here since 1998 and wouldn't live anywhere else within the city limits unless I had to.  It's a bit pricey, but worth it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:29:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Been in your boat and bought out here in the S/W (Enterprise) area.  Located 4mi w/of the strip and McCarren airport.  Infrastructure is ideal.  Brand new shops and malls close by.  Homes approx.  300+ range and mine is 7 years old.  Just to give you an idea, 3300 sq ft. 3 car garage fully landscaped on a cul de sac and great neighborhood.  Check this area out before you buy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top