Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2010 1:52:32 PM EDT
Any body else going to the Appleseed Shoot at Boulder City next weekend?

Appleseed
Link Posted: 4/10/2010 2:43:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmmmm.....maybe!
Link Posted: 4/10/2010 7:12:46 PM EDT
[#2]
They're a good time.

Ladies, children and active duty military shoot for free.
Link Posted: 4/10/2010 10:34:46 PM EDT
[#3]
If you're thinking about going, plz signup early so the instructors can plan accordingly.

D
Link Posted: 4/11/2010 9:58:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll be there.

Two days in the sunshine.

At a range.

Firing Rifles.

Whats not to like?

Beats working. Yard Work.. Doing taxes...etc.

Plus you learn and (practice) a lot about rifle marksmanship and little relevant  American history.

Disclosure: not my first Appleseed.

Link Posted: 4/11/2010 12:18:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If you're thinking about going, plz signup early so the instructors can plan accordingly.

D

Are you going to be working this one?

Any idea of the number of people signed up so far?

Who's running the show this time around?
Link Posted: 4/11/2010 1:02:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Question for ya:

I have to be at work on the strip at 3:15. I figure I would have to be pulling out by 2:30. Would it be worth my time and fee to come up there having to leave early?

I looked briefly, but couldn't find the hours on the website.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/11/2010 1:04:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

D

Are you going to be working this one?  Hadn't planned on it but I'll see if they could use another set of eyes on things.
Any idea of the number of people signed up so far? 8.  We can support 40 so start recruiting!...
Who's running the show this time around? Chris

Link Posted: 4/11/2010 1:06:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Question for ya:

I have to be at work on the strip at 3:15. I figure I would have to be pulling out by 2:30. Would it be worth my time and fee to come up there having to leave early?  We typically shut down at 1600.  Is it worth it? ABSITIVELY!
I looked briefly, but couldn't find the hours on the website.  Start at 0800 and run thru 1600 both days.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 4/11/2010 1:59:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Darn I have a meet and greet and a couple of interviews to go to.  This race is shaping up to be one of the most contested races of the season.
Link Posted: 4/11/2010 2:39:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Darn I have a meet and greet and a couple of interviews to go to.  This race is shaping up to be one of the most contested races of the season.

We'll consider this a valid excuse.  What's my excuse?  None!  Mrs. Different and I are going to a group open carry dinner at a local watering hole next Saturday.
Link Posted: 4/11/2010 4:20:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Open carrying M1A's..... That's different!...
Link Posted: 4/12/2010 8:32:19 AM EDT
[#12]
I wanted to go, but I'm not going to be able to get my things together, in time.  Will definitely catch it, the next time it's in town.  Please continue to post AS info as it becomes available.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/12/2010 5:23:16 PM EDT
[#13]
I think the next one in Boulder City is in May.

Hopefully there will be a bunch of last minute sign ups. 8 is pretty pathetic, especially for the April 19th commemorative shoot. If not at least we'll be able to stretch out on the line.
Link Posted: 4/12/2010 5:24:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

D

Are you going to be working this one?  Hadn't planned on it but I'll see if they could use another set of eyes on things.
Any idea of the number of people signed up so far? 8.  We can support 40 so start recruiting!...
Who's running the show this time around? Chris

Thanks, I'm doing my best.
Link Posted: 4/12/2010 6:39:04 PM EDT
[#15]
My boy and I will be there.

This is a great event and everyone should look into getting involved.

Link Posted: 4/12/2010 6:59:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I wanted to go, but I'm not going to be able to get my things together, in time.  Will definitely catch it, the next time it's in town.  Please continue to post AS info as it becomes available.

Thanks.

What kind of "stuff" do you need?  I probably have what you need..... IM me.

D
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 8:00:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Looking forward to a great weekend!

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 10:28:51 AM EDT
[#18]
For those of you that couldn't make it, you missed a great weekend of shooting.

There were I think, 17 or 18 shooters on Saturday and a few less on Sunday. A mixture of first timers and repeat Appleseeders. All in all a good bunch of guys to shoot with. Almost perfect weather, not too hot with just a little wind on Sunday afternoon.

Thanks to all who attended and for the rest of you, you should come on out and give it a try.You'll have a good time and I guarantee you'll learn something, no matter what your experience level.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 5:11:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Next one is 15/16 next month at BRPC again correct? I really do hope my return comes soon so I can get my upper in and ready. Only problem after that is getting her zeroed in. Anyone else going this next upcoming one?
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 5:45:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Yes, May 15-16.

Here's the Boulder City Appleseed info: BC Appleseed info

FWIW, you'll have plenty of time to get your rifle zero-ed at the shoot if you need to.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 8:19:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Yes, May 15-16.

FWIW, you'll have plenty of time to get your rifle zero-ed at the shoot if you need to.

Thank you Fingers, I am registered and looking forward to my first Appleseed event. I plan to go both days as well.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 6:19:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Yes, May 15-16.

Which guy were you? Pics are up on the forum.

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:26:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, May 15-16.

Which guy were you? Pics are up on the forum.

I was wearing a long sleeve blue shirt on Sat. and a long sleeve white DHS shirt on Sun. I shot a scoped 1022 with a tan Hogue stock.

I saw the pics on the AAR. They are pretty good.

Dave
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top