Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2009 2:17:04 PM EDT
I would like to take just a few minutes and express my gratitude to a couple of our local shops.  We really are luck here in Las Vegas to have a few good shops.

I have been making regular trips from Overton into Vegas lately to "visit" with Guido and Cliff at New Frontier Armory.  Each time I drive away from there I consider myself lucky to know them and to be close enough to shop there for nearly all my guns and survival needs.  I picked up 3 lowers from them yesterday.  I am making a couple SBRs and so I needed some virgin receivers and they were very happy to take care of me and treated me with 100% professionalism in the process.  Excellent guys to deal with and if they don't have what you need, they will get it.

Anyway, my learning curve for all this NFA stuff is growing each day and I recently learned that I needed to have my new SBR lowers engraved before I could build them.  So, I called a buddy who has been feeding my all my NFA/BATF info and he told be that Henderson Defense does engraving.  So, yesterday afternoon I called HDI and spoke to them about engraving.  I had a special request.....since I was driving 60 miles in to bring them the lowers, I wanted them finished that day so I would only have to make the drive ONCE and NOT have to return another day to pick them up.  They were very helpful and said if I was willing to give them a few hours they could fit me in today.  Well, this morning I dropped off my 2 lowers and went to Walmart and Costco to kill a couple hours.  I was pleasantly surprised when my cell phone rang just 90 minutes after leaving HDI to tell me that they were done.  My engravings turned out excellent and in record speed.  

So, I am sending out a personal thank you to Ron, Ken, Brian and the crew at HDI for their excellent service.  I will be back.  Also a continuous thanks to Cliff and Guido at NFA.  I could spend hours just hangin out visiting with the guys and customers at NFA....its just fun to be around a bunch of "GuN FrEaKs."
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:58:43 PM EDT
[#1]
+1 to that only places i recommend here in town

i just realized new frontier armory is nfa like national firearms act lol

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 12:09:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Guido is cool people and the HDI Crew is tops! I cannot say enough good things about those guys! We definitely are fortunate to have down to earth people in the business!
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:15:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Both are great shops, you can't go wrong!
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 10:24:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah Im glad there are more gunshops now than a few years ago. Where we could only choose from a handful of people to shop from in the valley and that was it. Price was somewhat fixed on transfers and now that has changed. Bill's Buy n Sell was ok...but he is gone now. Oh dont forget Ron aka Doc could have cracked your back too. Where else can you see a chiropractor and buy your weapons at the same time?
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 3:03:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, we are truly lucky to have a shops here in town that cater to us gun customers,  especially when so many of our fellow ARFCOMER's deal with some crazy shops out there. The bad part is they  make it too easy to drain the bank accounts
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 3:27:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yes, we are truly lucky to have a shops here in town that cater to us gun customers,  especially when so many of our fellow ARFCOMER's deal with some crazy shops out there. The bad part is they  make it too easy to drain the bank accounts

Better than helping your local stripper attend UNLV. Unlike them...guns may pay you back when they go up in value.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:28:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Ain't that the truth. My rifle is starting to look like a Magpul marketing display.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 7:43:59 PM EDT
[#8]
What? You still have money in an account?
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 8:19:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Better than helping your local stripper attend UNLV. Unlike them...guns may pay you back when they go up in value.

True, but Ron and crew at HDI,  HAVE been more expensive than some of my youthful follies at CLub Paradise. More than once even.

Edit : I haven't even stepped into NFA yet.... but soon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top