Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2009 3:46:13 PM EDT
http://www.nraila.org/media/PDFs/SemiAutostateAGsLetter061109.pdf

Letter to Holder. Basically disputing any support for a future ban.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:51:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Mucho nice. Thanks RDP.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:08:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice, thanks for posting that as I hadn't heard about it elsewhere until now.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:35:30 PM EDT
[#3]
That's sweet, think Holder will listen?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:44:32 PM EDT
[#4]
The letter is a nice touch and shows support for us.  

Holder who likes to play to the press will not be moved.  I suspect that if the AGs had told him the law would not take effect, as the federal government has no jurisdiction and would not be enforced, the letter would have been more forceful.

As the Appellate court in Chicago (7th circuit court ) has stated the the Supreme Court rulings (Holder Vs Washington DC) have no force of / in law.  Then the opposite must be true that the federal laws have no force of law in the states.  Furthermore that the states alone are able to make firearms laws, that are the only laws that are enforceable.

Interesting that the 7th circuit court also says that the Bill of Rights has no affect on the states.  That statement is wholly untrue as we all know.

Liberal logic.  What an oxymoron.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:55:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That's sweet, think Holder will listen?

Will he listen?  Sure.

Will he actually take heed and drop his goal of civilian disarmament?   Not likely.

What will he do?  Try to make end runs around the states wishes and the will of the people.

Business as usual for BHO and his gang.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:53:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Very cool!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:19:33 PM EDT
[#7]
My prediction––in a year or so, right after the next Congressional elections, the gun banners will be pushing hard
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:40:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Super find!

V
OUT
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:07:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the link! Finally got to read it tonight. I like this particular paragraph, though I somewhat disagree with the last sentence. The Second Amendment should not be encroached upon at all.

As Attorneys General, we are committed to defending our constituents’ constitutional rights –
including their constitutionally-protected right to keep and bear arms. This duty is particularly
important in light of the United States Supreme Court’s recent Heller decision, which held that
the Second Amendment “elevated above all other interests the right of law-abiding, responsible
citizens to use arms in defense of hearth and home.” The high court’s landmark decision
affirmed that individual Americans have a constitutionally-protected right to keep and bear arms.
We, the undersigned Attorneys General, are staunch defenders of that right and believe that it
should not be encroached upon without sound justification – and a clear law enforcement
purpose.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top