Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2007 12:58:25 PM EDT
Folks, can you recommend a local gunsmith (experienced), that will not charge me too much for the job I need to do on my 9mm AR lower? These is what I need to get done, but I don't have the tools, knowledge and skills to even attempt to do the task:

1. Strip/Disassemlbe entire lower. (I need to send my lower to Orion Arms for engraving).
2. Re-assemble the lower, once I receive the lower back from Orion.
3. Fix/Adjust Magazine catch (I want to use a Colt 32 round magazine. I tried to install a magazine and it keeps on falling off the magwell. I read somewhere that this can be fixed by shaving something off the magazine catch).

FYI, the RRA supplied 25 round UZI magazine doesn't fall, BUT, it doesn't load the last round. So, I want to try to use a Colt magazine. Hopefully, this magazine will feed the last round.

Any recommendation? Around how much do you think this will cost?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 2:45:18 PM EDT
[#1]
well first off.. where r u located...???
and second if u r local in las vegas, im good at  working on lowers.. some people will vouch for it on here.. lmk..

jon..
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 3:16:51 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 on jon.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 8:16:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
and second if u r local in las vegas, im good at  working on lowers.. some people will vouch for it on here.. lmk..

jon..

Hi Jon,

I am local (N. Las Vegas). I will send you a PM. Thanks.

Ador
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 8:18:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

jon..

I let him (pballjunkie666) assemble my Noveske lower - he’s good to go.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 9:10:51 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks for the support guys.. it means alot to me.. really..

ADOR- i sent u a pm..

jon..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top