Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2007 11:51:13 AM EDT
From my perspective, this conversation is not over.

The conversation started in another thread, but never came to a resolution.

I tend to be a Black-and-White kind of guy on issues. There is a Right and a Wrong.

To be fair, on more than one occasion, I've entered a debate on one side, and through discussion, studying the evidence and issues, realized that I was mistaken in my understanding of the situation. I have admitted that I was wrong in my previous position, and adopted new convictions based on the facts of the situation.

So, its been known to happen .......

I am of the opinion that Illegal Immigration is going to be the death of this nation. That the US government needs to step up to the plate, and "Comprehensive Immigration Reform" needs to mean that we start ENFORCING our immigration laws.

Anyone who is here illegally, without papers, documentation, or on expired paperwork needs to immediately and without negotiation be sent back to their country of origin.

Having Anchor babies does not garner an exemption from this enforcement. THERE ARE NO VIABLE EXCUSES! Either prove that you are a citizen, or you will be summarily deported.

Anyone who is intercepted attempting illegal entry will be detained, citizenship verified, and allowed entry or denied access as appropriate. Anyone resisting interception will be summarily shot. Yes, shot. No I'm not being PC. The law needs to be clarified on a Federal level to ensure that border enforcement will not be overturned by activist judges. (Yes this is extreme and harsh, but this is a fucking INVASION, and calls for extreme measures).

Some interesting discussions were started. I think Illegal Immigration is absolutely indefensible. Certain people (DoctorCheney223) tried to defend illegals remaining in the country under specific circumstances using the argument that "it wouldn't be fair to their children" (who happen to be anchor babies) to deport the illegal parents.

I believe that argument was shown to be insufficient to justify amnesty, and largely irrelevant to the situation at hand (Our national identity, and security in the face of an invasion of illegal aliens).

I challenge anyone to convince me that I'm wrong, and that illegals should be granted amnesty. If I'm shown to be wrong, I'm not so proud that I won't admit it. But based on my current understanding, illegal immigration is indefensible.

I hope the debate continues .......
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:43:30 PM EDT
[#1]
You said enough for me to agree with you. Lets go back to WWI and WWII. How many troops did mexico send over to Japan or Europe to help us out ? How many tanks,planes,ships, or anything else ?? Not many, but they did send their unemployed here to fill-take the jobs of the soldiers away at war, what a good neighbor. They act like we owe them because they lost as much as we did in both of those world wars and we are both in this whole thing together, I disagree. The ex-prez of mexico on O'really and Larry Seltzer was a joke, the man thinks if he keeps on Insisting how lucky we are to have 1/2 his people here we will eventually believe him, F-him and the donkey he rode in on.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:19:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to common sense
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:40:01 PM EDT
[#3]
You boys are missing the point - your enemy is not the Mexicans.

Our enemy is the liberal media, liberal politicians, liberal city counsels, etc.

They are the ones pushing the bullshit illegal agenda, but also the finocchio's (homo's), disadvantaged minorities (every single fucking person but a white man qualifies), social healthcare, politically correct verbiage, pictures and actions - shit - Hell don’t get me started.

There is a war a brewing in this country, but its not with illegal border bouncers alone.

Its with the true enemy - all the ones who think Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness is OWED instead of EARNED!
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:22:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You boys are missing the point - your enemy is not the Mexicans.

Our enemy is the liberal media, liberal politicians, liberal city counsels, etc.

Sounds like 'The Enemy Within'

They are the ones pushing the bullshit illegal agenda, but also the finocchio's (homo's), disadvantaged minorities (every single fucking person but a white man qualifies), social healthcare, politically correct verbiage, pictures and actions - shit - Hell don’t get me started.

Its a good thing I don't buy into any of that bullshit either
There is a war a brewing in this country, but its not with illegal border bouncers alone.

Its with the true enemy - all the ones who think Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness is OWED instead of EARNED!

AMEN, Brother!

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 10:38:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought of a really good metaphor. Picture this along with me:

Let's say that you take your family out for a nice picnic in the park. Your wife is eating. Your kids are eating. You take the leftover sandwich bags, and watermelon rinds, and toss them in the closest trash bin so that you family can start on a nice dessert of apple pie.

You notice a Yellow-Jacket or two buzzing around the trash bin.

You don't worry too much about the Yellow-Jackets. After all, there are only a couple of them, and you can't bring yourself to begrudge them scraping out their meager existence from the discarded remains of your opulent feast. I mean .... their lives are a little better since they scavenge what's left from your decadent lifestyle. And besides, they have little Yellows at home that need to be fed and clothed with Jackets of their own.

Then those few Yellow-Jackets travel from the local trash bin back to their hive, and tell the other Yellow-Jackets about how much better life can be if they travel to the trash bin to get more food, too. There are piles of perfectly good food not being used in those trash bins, and all they have to do is go get it! There would even be enough-of-plenty to bring extra food home!

Soon, lots of Yellow-Jackets are gathering at the trash bin. A few individuals turn into a few dozen, and then a few dozen turn into a veritable swarm. They consume everything they can eat from the trash bin. But they don't stop there. The hungry swarm smells the food that is still being eaten by your wife and kids ....

Some Yellow-Jackets set upon the pie in the dish. Its unpleasant, but at least those particular Yellow-Jackets aren't going to hurt your family. They're just hungry, and finding food wherever they can. And they have their Baby Yellows to take care of, too.

Others go after the pie on the plates and forks your family is using to eat. This is a little more disturbing, as not only are these Yellow-Jackets stealing food essentially from the mouths of your wife and kids, but you know that hungry and desperate Yellow-Jackets can be a little testy. They can get territorial and a little ornery if you try to take away food to which they think they are entitled. Under the wrong conditions, they can even be dangerous.

But you and your family abandon the pie you were eating, relinquishing it to the growing swarm of hungry Yellow-Jackets. After all, this was just your dessert. You and your family are well-fed. You didn't NEED to eat that pie, even if it was yours.

But as you and your family get up to leave and abandon your picnic site, the hungry, swarming mass of Yellow-Jackets set upon your family. Your wife and kids are being bitten all over their exposed skin. The Yellow-Jackets have turned predatory in their starving quest for food.

They have now unwittingly attacked their prior source of excess resources. They do not know how devastating are their actions; after all, they're just hungry, and trying to take care of themselves. Don't they have a right to eat?

You decide that its now time to grab the extra large can of Ortho Wasp-&-Hornet spray and soak the swarm of Yellow-Jackets in paralyzing acetylcholinesterase inhibiting carbamates. You know that this is going to kill the swarming Yellow-Jackets, but they're attacking your family! You need to protect your Family!

Now I ask you ........ are you going to give a FLYING FUCK whether or not the baby Yellows that the swarming, biting, predatory Yellow-Jackets have at home were born on the same side of the border as your children ?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top