Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2007 8:15:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 8:44:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm new to coyote hunting.  Do you mind letting me know where you were hunting the coyote, what time of year, calls used, etc?  IM sent.  Thanks
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 9:33:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

shes pretty.. what did u drop her with??and how far out was she..

nice kill.. im still waiting on mine.. seen a few but havent dropped one yet..

jon..
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 2:45:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice.  Looks like some thick brush that I hunt.  Not cool when they get close enough to lick the peanut butter off your face before you can get a shot off.

I miss my coyote hunting trips
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 8:56:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Was the hunt down by Searchlight?
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 10:59:57 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm new to coyote hunting.  Do you mind letting me know where you were hunting the coyote, what time of year, calls used, etc?  IM sent.  Thanks

Dude there is way too much info to post here.  The best thing with coyote hunting is to just get out there and start calling.  You will quickly start learning a lot.  Nevada is basically one giant coyote hunting spot.  Head to the desert.  North, South, East, West, it doesn't matter.  Some spots are better than others.  I've made stands in some of the shittiest looking parts of the desert thinking I'd get nothing, and I'd get a double - and I ahve also made stands up north where it looked like coyote heaven and not got a damn thing for two days.

If you want real info, from guys who eat, sleep, and breath nothing but coyote hunting, hang out at this forum - Coyote Gods .   I met several of the founders while I was going to college in Arizona and was able to hunt with them alot.  There are some very, very knowledgable coyote hunters on this board.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 11:02:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info.

If you ever go coyote hunting and wouldn't mind a tag along, I'd like to go along and learn too.  I'll buy you lunch and some ammo!
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 2:31:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thanks for the info.

If you ever go coyote hunting and wouldn't mind a tag along, I'd like to go along and learn too.  I'll buy you lunch and some ammo!

Sounds good man.  Trust me, I'm no expert.  I come up empty more often than not, but it is still fun, and a great rush when you do have one coming in.  I'd say ANIMUS is probably one of the more experienced callers on the board, he is overseas right now though.  

I'm game to go whenever, my schedule various every month - but I only work about 10 days each month.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 2:41:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I've been 3 times.  Saw coyotes on the 2nd trip, got the crosshairs on one of their ears (he was behind a large tree), but never got a shot.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 2:59:33 PM EDT
[#9]
What do you do with those things once you drop 'em?  I can't imagine a freezer full of dog
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 3:28:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 4:43:51 PM EDT
[#11]
What do I do with them? I pose them for pictures, thats what I do with them. If you go to Coyote gods, dont mention summer hunting or using any weapons bigger than a 22 cal. for hunting or you will get the boot and quick. Also learn to bow and lick boots and follow in a straight line with your tail tucked. King hell dicktator  like it when his lackies obay. It's pretty bad when one of the founders (Vic Carlson ,and yes I know him) wont even post on that board.  Check out www.Predatormasters.com
If your at Basspro or want to look on line at www.comingtothecall.com , pick up Byron Souths volume 5 and you'll see some footage of he and I up in Canada calling and killing. Every coyote I shot up there was taken with my Win. Model 70 338 winmag and 200 gr B-tips.
I usually hunt with anything from my 221 fireball on up to my 25-06 and anything between.

This coyote was shot with my 221 fireball and 40 gr HP's. The picture was not taken where the coyote was called, just where we dumped it .I usually wait till they re prime before I leave em lay.  We were in AZ . Shooting coyotes is one thing. Calling them close enough to roll them with a shotgun is a whole nother ball O wax.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 5:01:09 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v56/Lance30/06-07%20Hunt%20Pics/BGspeakscoyote.jpg

Don't let BG fool you guys. That pic is a display at a museum.

The coyote is stuffed!

Link Posted: 1/3/2007 5:26:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What do you do with those things once you drop 'em?  I can't imagine a freezer full of dog

You wrap it up and mail it to Sarah Brady's office.

I wonder, would that work?
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 5:29:00 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

The Saigon Cafe pays $1.50 per pound and $2/lb skinned.  It covers gas money at least.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 5:47:59 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Saigon Cafe pays $1.50 per pound and $2/lb skinned.  It covers gas money at least.

I guess that all depends on how far  you drive

I was just curious. No feelings about it one way or the other.  Some of them sure have nice coats though from the pics I've seen.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 8:31:24 PM EDT
[#16]
If you wan't them , i'll bring em to ya whole. Most the time i tossem unless I want to do a mount. Alot of the time I remove teh head and clean the skulls and give them to people whom I have hunted with.
Link Posted: 1/4/2007 6:04:25 AM EDT
[#17]
We've called in dogs behind our armory at Nellis.  Bastards are gonna get it when I get back.  Going to zap one with a bow
Link Posted: 1/4/2007 7:11:39 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
We've called in dogs behind our armory at Nellis.  Bastards are gonna get it when I get back.  Going to zap one with a bow

With the cash you'll make over there, get a supressor.  I know just the spot to call them from.  Over where they keep all the junk from crashed planes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top