Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2006 6:13:11 PM EDT
I ordered three pairs last night and they were $8.99. Today they are $10.00.

Get em' while they last. There's still good sizes left.

LA Police Gear Digi 511 Sale

Joe
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 9:36:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I wish they were a different pattern...
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 9:45:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I wish they were a different pattern...

Yeah, the pattern was a flop.

Great work around the house pants though.

V
OUT
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 10:00:52 PM EDT
[#3]
They're great for bunny huntin' and training. And for 10 bucks a pair it's still a great deal.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 10:56:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I've always wanted to try a pair of these 5.11 pants to see how they fit. For $10 ($19 after shipping ) it's ok if they don't work out. Plus they are TacticOOL!!
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 11:23:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I've always wanted to try a pair of these 5.11 pants to see how they fit. For $10 ($19 after shipping ) it's ok if they don't work out. Plus they are TacticOOL!!

511's fit very nicely.

They are outstanding trousers and they press out great. I have six pairs. They are just as sturdy, or sturdier than BDU/ACU trousers and they wear well.

As V said, if anything they make great work around the house pants.

If you order a pair I think you will be pleased (especially for 19 bucks).

Joe
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 8:56:34 AM EDT
[#6]
the only thing I dont like about them is the back pockets. it drives me crazy to have my wallet so low on my leg when I sit down. I've also lost two knives because of the shape of the pockets.

I just prefer good ole jeans
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 1:17:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
the only thing I dont like about them is the back pockets. it drives me crazy to have my wallet so low on my leg when I sit down. I've also lost two knives because of the shape of the pockets.

I just prefer good ole jeans

I've been wearing 511's for about eight years now and I have never lost a knife or a wallet.  I keep my wallet in a front pocket and a knife clipped in each of the back pockets.

511 did reinforce the pocket edges with double material, so when a knife with a pocket clip goes in and out over time it doesn't wear the material down.

Sorry to hear they haven't worked out for you. Maybe you should try a new pair, as they have made some changes recently.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 1:37:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a Royal Robbins 5.11 Vest which is great, however if you wear it to a Zoo, people will think you work there.

I've been less than impressed with the pants.
The Wave on my Emerson knives destroyed the pocket lining in a matter of months.  Not the edge of the pocket like you might think but the white cotton liner itself.

The G10 scale on my Strider SMF wore a hole in the "cell phone/knife pocket" in about 3 weeks.

Had I paid, $10 I might have expected it, but I got nailed for $40-$50 for these.

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 2:19:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I recieved the pair of 5.11 desert digi pants I ordered today. Damn, these things are nice. Cut well, lots of pockets, they feel well made. Too bad they are desert digi camo, but if all the 5.11 pants are like this, I'm going to get some more. Thanks to the OP for posting this!
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 2:47:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Deadmeat...  I ordered 2 pair on Saturday, so suspect they'll be here tomorrow via UPS.   Yeah, I wasnt thrilled about the color, but will do for camping, etc.  I already have a Kahki pair and also their tactical shorts.   I have a order in (for Xmas) for the vest and some Academy shorts too...  We'll see...

John
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 3:08:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I received my three pairs yesterday. Except for the Digi pattern they are no different than any of my other 511's.

I have MARPAT BDU's and I compared the 511 trousers side by side with them and there was not a significant difference with the design.

I'm really pleased, because I got three pairs of 511's for $8.99 a pair. I wouldn't give a shit if they were a Fruity Pink pattern for that price!
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 3:15:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I ordered 2 of the digi desert and a couple more of the regular pairs, along with a few other items..  Had to get all the freebies that come with the buy 2 regular pair.

Thx for the heads up on this offer Joe....

John P..
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 3:19:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I ordered 2 of the digi desert and a couple more of the regular pairs, along with a few other items..  Had to get all the freebies that come with the buy 2 regular pair.

Thx for the heads up on this offer Joe....

John P..

NP...

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:10:07 PM EDT
[#14]
One more question about 5.11s: can anyone elaborate on the pros/cons of the nylon version of these pants? All I can tell from the description is they are "lighter" and $10 more than the regular ones. What about durability? I wish there was someplace local I could actually try these on before dropping the cash.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 9:11:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Absolute usually has them to try on.

They (nylon) are GTG but, I have gone to CRYE, Woolrich, Carhart, etc. since the 511 indonesian factory has been destroyed (the best ones came from there IMO).

I have a couple of pair of both and am going away since they are the new tactical fad. Fuck going to the SHOT show and seeing everyone in them.  SIG has some nice ones too.

As for around town wear I guess I will have to shop around...

V
OUT

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:57:22 AM EDT
[#16]

Battle Born Tactical at I-215 North and Durango (shopping center) has 5.11's instock.

Link Posted: 11/2/2006 1:36:06 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Absolute usually has them to try on.

They (nylon) are GTG but, I have gone to CRYE, Woolrich, Carhart, etc. since the 511 indonesian factory has been destroyed (the best ones came from there IMO).

I have a couple of pair of both and am going away since they are the new tactical fad. Fuck going to the SHOT show and seeing everyone in them.  SIG has some nice ones too.

As for around town wear I guess I will have to shop around...

V
OUT

+1 0n everyone at the SHOT Show wearing 511's.

I remember several years ago when the only people that were wearing 511's were firearms instructors and LEO's. Now, every swingin' dick wears them because they are "Tacticool."

I also wear cargo pants from Union Bay and other manufacturers that I got at Costco and Sams. They look good, they have lots of storage, and they're pretty nice for around town wear, but I wouldn't trust them for strenuous training.

I'll stick with the 511's for training, even if I am at risk of being called Tacticool.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 9:54:01 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I have a couple of pair of both and am going away since they are the new tactical fad. Fuck going to the SHOT show and seeing everyone in them.  

Quoted:
+1 0n everyone at the SHOT Show wearing 511's.

I remember several years ago when the only people that were wearing 511's were firearms instructors and LEO's. Now, every swingin' dick wears them because they are "Tacticool."

Uh oh, some of us are too cool for school! We can't be seen wearing what everyone else is!

How about you just wear them because they are comfortable, functional, and durable?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top