Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2006 8:52:11 AM EDT
OK, had dinner last night with Bob and his wife. Bob and I met acouple of years ago. I think he was leaving this morning for his cross state trip. He stopped in Gardnerville on his way to Reno......I cant remember who it was that gave him a couple of ding dongs to make him an official norhtern crew. Good going guys. Bob should have some great photos for to look at when he gets back to vegas......the armpit of the south.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 1:24:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 1:45:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey Bob, sounds like you guys had a good time, Ely is a great place huh. Cant wait to see the photos. Yep your back in the armpit of Nevada LOL...rock vegas...damn I hate it down there LOL. Plenty of room up here Bob....come on up. Your already an honary member of the Northern Nevada Crew ...NNC.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 1:51:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 2:08:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Try Winnemucca, little larger town, alot happening. Close enough to all you want...some of the best trout fishing in Nevada is about an hour and half out out Winnemucca up by the oregon border. Id like to move there but I'll never get the old lady away from her grand children LOL.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:32:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Did someone say trout fishing?  I hate the south...stupid ass Lake Mead with no friggin trees around.  Only thing alive in that place is what feeds on dead bodies.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:03:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:31:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:.....I cant remember who it was that gave him a couple of ding dongs to make him an official norhtern crew.

Inside every Southie is a REAL Nevadan trying to get out. this was driven home when I presented Wolfpack with his official Northern Nevada Ding Dong ration and his sweet little wife ratted him out. She says, "OH. He LOOOVE those!"  
I think Woflie is gonna have a hard time liking las Vegas when he returns and realizes what we have here.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:48:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Way to go Ron, you know people dont realize out across the state and on the eastern side they have more water than anyone could believe....vegas is trying to steal thier water now. I say screw vegas and leave the damn water alone...stop building if your out of water instead of trying to steal another counties water. Cave Lake is a beautiful little lake turned into a dam......hopefiully I'll be doing some fishing there this year. Cant wait to see the rest of the photos Bob.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:05:14 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Way to go Ron, you know people dont realize out across the state and on the eastern side they have more water than anyone could believe....vegas is trying to steal thier water now. I say screw vegas and leave the damn water alone...stop building if your out of water instead of trying to steal another counties water. Cave Lake is a beautiful little lake turned into a dam......hopefiully I'll be doing some fishing there this year. Cant wait to see the rest of the photos Bob.

Amen, Brother!

I've been saying this about that wasteland that stretches south from about Santa Barbara to San Diego for years!

You know, those shits in Southern Cali steal a bunch of water from Northern California????

When you drive across the Central Valley in California, there are these two giant-assed canals that are running due-south. They go from some rivers up north all the way down to L.A.

I brought this up to a kid I knew in college who was from L.A., and the asshat actually got indignant about it.

"Land-owners from Southern California bought the land of those watersheds like 50 years ago, and so they can do anything they want with the water. It's totally legal!"  

If you have to pipe millions of gallons of water in from hundreds of miles away .... maybe there's something wrong with the place you chose to live .....?

Just a thought ..... But that's just me ..... I could be wrong .... and it would be a terrible tragedy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top