Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2006 1:21:44 PM EDT
I need to pick up some .223 in bulk and was wondering how had the best selection/price in town?  I'm not too picky, I'll even shoot Wolf.  I'm just trying to avoid ordering.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:55:19 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I need to pick up some .223 in bulk and was wondering how had the best selection/price in town?  I'm not too picky, I'll even shoot Wolf.  I'm just trying to avoid ordering.

Try Martin at Black Rifle Armory.

He always has good prices on high end 5.56 and .223. His prices are pretty good on Wolf too.

Hope this helps.

Joe

Black Rifle Armory
Martin
(702) 558-4140
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:33:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Keep in mind Black rifle is only open Thursday-Saturday,, and Wednesday with appointment..

He had q3131 for 229.00/1000
IMI for 209.00/1000
Wolf  I think 147.00/1000
Federal american eagle  209.00/1000

last time i was in there.. Had some other stuff too but can't remember what it was..

John P..
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:18:58 AM EDT
[#3]
BRA will often do sales on ammo, I picked up some wolf 62grn for $119 a case a few weeks ago, and the going price the last time I was in was $130 I believe.  Bought a case of the $209 IMI too, just to have some 'good' ammo laying around.  I can't think of a dealer in town who can touch his prices.  Citadel used to have pretty good deals, but the last time I was in they seemed high.  Of course, it has been a while since I visited them.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:47:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Bill's used to carry bulk .223. Looks like i'll have to cruise by and investigate
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:24:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Bill's used to carry bulk .223. Looks like i'll have to cruise by and investigate

I talked to Mark over at Bill's and he said they have Hunters Shack .223 at $209 per 1K. I have never heard of Hunters Shack. I guess some of it is made on once-fired brass and some isn't. Seems kind of pricey for tha ammo.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:35:42 AM EDT
[#6]
garbage!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:35:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I talked to Mark over at Bill's and he said they have Hunters Shack .223 at $209 per 1K. I have never heard of Hunters Shack. I guess some of it is made on once-fired brass and some isn't. Seems kind of pricey for tha ammo.

thanks,
Ron

I only use IMI, Lake City, Federal XM, or Winchester Q3131A in my rifles. A friend of mine almost has me convinced to try Wolf for plinking. He runs Wolf through his FA M16 and he throws several thousand rounds a month down range. I am not aware of him ever having a problem using Wolf. He said that although it is not corrosive it is really dirty.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:27:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I only use IMI, Lake City, Federal XM, or Winchester Q3131A in my rifles. A friend of mine almost has me convinced to try Wolf for plinking. He runs Wolf through his FA M16 and he throws several thousand rounds a month down range. I am not aware of him ever having a problem using Wolf. He said that although it is not corrosive it is really dirty.

I ran Wolf through a F/A Aug, FNC and an M16 this weekend without a problem. They ran just as good as any other ammo.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:43:43 PM EDT
[#9]
just came from Bill's, he had AE223 for $120/500 rounds.  

It was kinda funny, i was looking at his pistols, and in comes this guy who i had met previously--he was an ex-felon, who was a victim and "star" witness in one of my attempted murder cases.  I guess he was getting serious about his self-protection.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:49:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I've never had a single problem with Wolf both in pistols and rifles.  I've given up listening to those who say it is crap.  I may have to go to BRA and pick some up.  

Between my old Beretta 92 and AK, I have about 5000 rounds of Wolf through each with no problems.  I got both when I was 18 and shot nothing but Wolf through them for about 5 years, just because I was young and the price was right.  

I have a new RRA AR-15 on the way, and it will get fed a healthy diet of Wolf too.

I'd love to shoot only IMI, Lake City, Federal XM, or Winchester Q3131A but it is getting too pricey and hard to find.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:10:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
just came from Bill's, he had AE223 for $120/500 rounds.  

It was kinda funny, i was looking at his pistols, and in comes this guy who i had met previously--he was an ex-felon, who was a victim and "star" witness in one of my attempted murder cases.  I guess he was getting serious about his self-protection.

Are you supposed to raise prices when you are going out of business?????  

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:44:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I'd love to shoot only IMI, Lake City, Federal XM, or Winchester Q3131A but it is getting too pricey and hard to find.  

I agree.

That's why I am saving the premium ammo as my SHTF ammo, and I am considering just shooting Wolf for tactical drills and plinking.

If I were you I would still buy several cases of the premium stuff (if you can find it for a good price) and store it as your SHTF ammo, and just shoot Wolf in the meantime.....
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:12:41 PM EDT
[#13]
My Giffman CMMG made midlength cannot digest more than a mag of Wolf. When i sent email to CMMG, i was told they do not recommend Wolf through their guns.

Colts will eat it all day ;)
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:47:55 PM EDT
[#14]
So are you guys good luck with the new Wolf?  Not the 193 but the polymer coated steel.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:04:03 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
So are you guys good luck with the new Wolf?  Not the 193 but the polymer coated steel.

I have been having good luck with both types lately. I really like the M193 Wolf though.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:24:10 PM EDT
[#16]
I'll have to try some.

Thanks, be safe, watch your back, use your turn signals, completely chew your food before swallowing,

Kelly
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:12:05 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I'll have to try some.

Thanks, be safe, watch your back, use your turn signals, completely chew your food before swallowing,

Kelly

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:18:00 PM EDT
[#18]
I have fired 12,000 rounds of "old" Wolf ammo through AR15s.
I fired one case of 9mm Wolf through my various 9mm handguns as well as my submachine gun.
I fired one case of .45 ACP Wolf through a Colt 1911.
Not one single problem. None. This is the steel cased stuff covered with laquer, not the "new" polymer stuff. This is the stuff the internet, armchair warriors tell you is bad stuff.
I have taken a four day practical rifle class at Frontsight using "old" Wolf ammo as well as one two day rifle skill builder at Frontsight with Wolf Ammo. In the four day class, I shot a Distinguished Graduate score, I shot the highest score in the class by far, I won the man on man shoot-off, and was able to hit the 400 yard pepper poppers from prone more often than not (using an Aimpoint/Wolf ammo/Bushmaster rifle).

Do not, I repeat, do not believe very much you read on the internet. Try everything yourself and then form your own opinion based on real experience. This stuff isn't that hard. Want to know how Wolf runs in an AR15 ? Buy some and shoot it.
Another typical internet bullshit story: the laquer on "old" Wolf would melt and gum up your chamber. So, taking my own advice, I took a torch and heated a fired case until it was cherry red and then scraped it with a screwdriver. Not one speck of laquer came off the case. 90% of the stuff posted on internet gun boards is bullshit posted by someone that has never done/owned/shot/.............. whatever they are talking about.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:30:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I fired one case of 9mm Wolf through my various 9mm handguns as well as my submachine gun.
Not one single problem. None. This is the steel cased stuff covered with laquer, not the "new" polymer stuff. This is the stuff the internet, armchair warriors tell you is bad stuff.
I have taken a four day practical rifle class at Frontsight using "old" Wolf ammo as well as one two day rifle skill builder at Frontsight with Wolf Ammo. In the four day class, I shot a Distinguished Graduate score, I shot the highest score in the class by far, I won the man on man shoot-off, and was able to hit the 400 yard pepper poppers from prone more often than not (using an Aimpoint/Wolf ammo/Bushmaster rifle).

Do not, I repeat, do not believe very much you read on the internet. Try everything yourself and then form your own opinion based on real experience. This stuff isn't that hard. Want to know how Wolf runs in an AR15 ? Buy some and shoot it.
Another typical internet bullshit story: the laquer on "old" Wolf would melt and gum up your chamber. So, taking my own advice, I took a torch and heated a fired case until it was cherry red and then scraped it with a screwdriver. Not one speck of laquer came off the case. 90% of the stuff posted on internet gun boards is bullshit posted by someone that has never done/owned/shot/.............. whatever they are talking about.

Amen
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:26:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Preach on brother!  You make some damn good points.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:42:37 AM EDT
[#21]
discount firearms on highland

they also have ammo by the case, bit expensive ends up being $5 a box for WWB and $7 for federal (AE223) (box of 20 rounds)

they sell by the box or by the case,

http://www.discountfirearmsinc.com

Thanks,
Al
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:17:21 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Umm...I have shot the "old" Wolf and I did have problems with cases sticking.  Matter of fact DefensorFortis has also had the same problem.  We both had Bushmasters at the time.  I have a problem with having to use a USGI steel cleaning rod to ram more than one stuck case out of my chamber.  It's not a muzzleloader therefore unacceptable.

Chances are when you heat something up until it turns cherry red, it's going to burn off whatever is there anyway.

I am not an armchair commando and I don't stray out of the Hometown forum much due to the fact that I hate reading what some idiot has to say.  Not to mention all the anti-LEO bullshit that spews all over AR15.com

Congrats on your Distinguished Graduate.  I hope you can do that when the guys in black helicopters start chasing you.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:13:44 PM EDT
[#23]
I shoot nothing but wolf  223.Its dirty but not that bad.I did have some problems with the old stuff but the new polymer coated stuff has been flawless. I keep the good stuff for who knows.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:55:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Not  a single problem shooting Wolf after 3k. Picked up another 5k from SG 3 days before the price hike recently.

Now, back on topic, a good place I know in Vegas....

Right at home in front of the PC.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 1:06:39 PM EDT
[#25]
I went to Black Rifle Armory yesterday and found IMI M193 ammo for only $209 a case. That's cheaper than anything I can find online. I wish I hadn't already spent so much money this month or I would have picked up 3-4 more cases

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:42:51 PM EDT
[#26]
what are Walmarts selling their 40 round boxes of Winchester for?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:26:38 PM EDT
[#27]
I think they raised the price on .223 to $9.98 a box of 40. The IMI is a MUCH better deal and much better ammo.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:08:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Walmart used to be a good place to pick up plinking ammo. They just raised the price on Remington UMC .223 to like $4.78 a box. I went to Bass Pro and got a bunch of their Q3131A for $4.49 a box.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:08:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Thats a damn good price on the IMI.  Yet another reason I think I'll keep making the super long drive to Black Rifle Armory and give them my business.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:03:50 PM EDT
[#30]
AMMOMAN.COM just got in some good XM193.  The boxed stuff not the loose rejects.
$139-500
$249-1,000
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:29:28 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
AMMOMAN.COM just got in some good XM193.  The boxed stuff not the loose rejects.
$139-500
$249-1,000

After reading that fiasco about AMMOMAN I am done with him and won't purchase anything from him again.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:08:30 PM EDT
[#32]
For the new guy in town where is Black Rifle located?
Got an Address?
Thanks
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:03:50 PM EDT
[#33]
141 Industrial Park Rd # 303 Henderson

Thanks for the use of the hearing pro at the swap meet BTW.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:57:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Saw his e-mail notice and got 1K.   Never had any problems with Eric.  Recently got another 5 sleeves of low recoil Federal LE132 00 9 pellet and wanted to ensure they were with the new (to Tactical buckshot) FLITECONTROL wad before it shipped from the warehouse.  Without hesitation Eric replied back "you got it".  So the errornet mis-reports of him being rude to everyone are just that.  I also realize that in life what is too good to be true more than likely is.

.. ..

Quoted:
$139-500
$249-1,000

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 2:31:17 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
So the errornet mis-reports of him being rude to everyone are just that.  I also realize that in life what is too good to be true more than likely is.

Yeah.. but ERIC listed that as a bring-back and should have owned up to HIS mistake instead of sticking that guy with and offering him $100. Eric is a supreme DOUCHE BAG in my opinion, no matter how good (or bad) of a deal he has on his ammunition.

thanks,
Ron

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 3:38:26 PM EDT
[#36]
We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.  The whole story was not presented and only the buyer and Sys admin / moderators knew some of what happened.  Plus the buyer, pfinac, was the one who started calling Eric names, which pretty much sealed any chances he had of changing Eric's mind outside of a courtroom imo.

I then called ERIC and told him NICELY, that I wanted to talk about this and he states he will not refund or allow a return and that his site states no returns on firearms. He told me again, $100 or nothing and if that is not good enough I should take any other actions I feel are needed. I had previosly told him I wasnt angry and now he lit my fire and I called him something like a scumbag rip off artist and he slammed the phone.

Quoted:

Quoted:
So the errornet mis-reports of him being rude to everyone are just that.  I also realize that in life what is too good to be true more than likely is.

Yeah.. but ERIC listed that as a bring-back and should have owned up to HIS mistake instead of sticking that guy with and offering him $100. Eric is a supreme DOUCHE BAG in my opinion, no matter how good (or bad) of a deal he has on his ammunition.

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:28:39 PM EDT
[#37]
but.......

the guy commited fraud by selling him something that it clearly wasn't. It would be the same as if when you ordered your XM193 ammo and he decided to give you Wolf. The guy is a low-down peice of shit and I wouldn't give him business if he was the last ammo dealer in business.

That is my last word.....

thanks,
ron

Quoted:
We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.  The whole story was not presented and only the buyer and Sys admin / moderators knew some of what happened.  Plus the buyer, pfinac, was the one who started calling Eric names, which pretty much sealed any chances he had of changing Eric's mind outside of a courtroom imo.

I then called ERIC and told him NICELY, that I wanted to talk about this and he states he will not refund or allow a return and that his site states no returns on firearms. He told me again, $100 or nothing and if that is not good enough I should take any other actions I feel are needed. I had previosly told him I wasnt angry and now he lit my fire and I called him something like a scumbag rip off artist and he slammed the phone.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:47:17 AM EDT
[#38]
That's pretty low.  I'd be mad too.  Unfortunatly BRA is in Henderson and that town is too clean.  I love the ghetto that is Sunrise Mtn.  I guess I will have to make the drive down there someday.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 5:00:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Ammoman's prices were never good anyway, if you shopped around you could find better deals shipped.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top