Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2006 4:46:38 AM EDT
Both our CCW permits are up this year again (man time flies! doesn't seem like 10 years!!!).  My wife hasn't been practicing as much as she should, and I read a review about Line of Fire down south and how they had "just women" classes etc.  I need to find an outfit like that up here in Reno/Carson area, maybe not "just 4 women", but who have instructors who can relate gun stuff to chicks.
Recomendations????
Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:15:28 AM EDT
[#1]
The local gun shop owner where I live recommended the Armed and Safe training to my girlfriend. I haven't gone through it yet, will do so soon

armedandsafe.com<------their website only works with Internet Explorer. Be sure to check out the "about us" page.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:07:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks BB!  
I'll give 'em a jingle.

Anyone else with recomendations?????
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:53:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:32:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Floyd Coons at Master Shooter Supp. - Hell of a nice guy and will help her shoot better -
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:15:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Of course I don't happen to have their info but I can recommend both Stephen Wilson (GryphonX can probably help on this, he's pretty tight these days with Wilson) and Frank Gordon (in Gardnerville).
My wife liked Frank enough to suggest taking further classes from him.
I renewed through Armed and safe and can say nothing bad about them, either. Very helpful and patient, even though I had 2 of us qualifying with 11 weapons each.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:38:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:42:43 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Floyd Coons at Master Shooter Supp. - Hell of a nice guy and will help her shoot better -

He and his wife are in Northern Nevada, not Las Vegas.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:21:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:25:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Didnt read the post well - sorry your right.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:03:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Didnt read the post well - sorry your right.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:03:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:58:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Sierra Firearms Academy gets my vote.  Mike and Dave are the most qualified instuctors in Northern Nevada and relate very well to women students.  Never sent someone to them who hasn't come back impressed.

---AllAlphas
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:24:04 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Of course I don't happen to have their info but I can recommend both Stephen Wilson (GryphonX can probably help on this, he's pretty tight these days with Wilson) and Frank Gordon (in Gardnerville).
My wife liked Frank enough to suggest taking further classes from him.
I renewed through Armed and safe and can say nothing bad about them, either. Very helpful and patient, even though I had 2 of us qualifying with 11 weapons each.

I highly recommend Steve Wilson of Sennin Training services.

He gives highly personalized and downright fun CCW courses. And he does it because he loves teaching, loves encouraging firearms ownership, loves our rights, state and country.

My wife never got her permit after we took a class from him 4 years ago, and then we moved to Wisconsin. I called Steve when we moved back and asked if he could do a refresher for us. He charged us for her class, and let me sit in and benefit from the refresher for free! What's more, he drove from Reno to Gardnerville and did the instruction in our living room! We bought him pizza

I called Steve last night and asked if I could give out his information. He would welcome the opportunity for more students.

Steve Wilson
Sennin Training Services
775-746-0874

Don't call too late (i.e. after about 9pm)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top