Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2006 11:07:14 AM EDT
Well, I had to get there early because today is opening season for Little League so Mark (Dorsai) and I got there at about 9:30 only to see the LONGEST line ever. Make sure that if you are going to go, bring EXACT change and get in the short line.. only about 1/4 as long as the regular line.

- Brand new AMD65 20-rounder AK mags for $10 a piece.  As soon as you walk in to the left

- Milwal has Wolf's new M193 battle pack ammo at $190 per 1000

- Ammobros.com had 7.62 NATO South African crates for $239 per 1230 rounds.

- Sierra Supply has 10 M16 mags for $100 like usual.

Pretty decent show and I MIGHT go back tomorrow.

thanks,
Ron

BTW, there is an 80% MG receiver guy there but Joeken didn't show???

EDIT: Milwall had 7.62x39 for $189 per 1000!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:08:40 PM EDT
[#1]
getting ready to head in there now..  Screwed up the date on my RSO class, or would have been there this morning..  Thx for the heads up Ron..  BTW the first of my 8 AK kits came in today,, the 2 ak74s I bought from ORF.  Both look real nice..  Should have the rest on Monday/Tuesday..  Gotta go find AK parts lol..

Take care,,

John P..
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:26:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
BTW the first of my 8 AK kits came in today,, the 2 ak74s I bought from ORF.

John P..

... you got The Sickness now...... there is NO cure because 8 kits will soon turn into 16. Actually, there is slight chance that we can cure it. You will have to give me those 8 kits and take my place at Church on Sunday while I build them. If you do that... you might just be OK.  

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:19:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Show sucked, I had high hopes for an RK show, Was like going to a Claud Hall show. Glass bowls and girly gifts were abundant. Too many airsoft knockoff accessories. Only plus side was ALL the ammo to be had.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:28:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Show sucked, I had high hopes for an RK show, Was like going to a Claud Hall show. Glass bowls and girly gifts were abundant. Too many airsoft knockoff accessories. Only plus side was ALL the ammo to be had.

I know...what was up with all the glassware? I haven't seen that much knock-off crystal since I had my wedding registry at  Dillards

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:04:25 PM EDT
[#5]
What was the price on Wolf .223/1000?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:56:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Regular .223 was only $129 per 1000 and the other stuff is in the first post.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:59:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Regular .223 was only $129 per 1000 and the other stuff is in the first post.

thanks,
Ron

Cool, thanks man. I wasn't sure what the regular stuff was running since I haven't bought in a few months. Gonna have to pick some up tommorrow. That price on 7.62x39 is insane.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:13:00 PM EDT
[#8]
We just picked up ammo, a steel target and an Aimshot laser boresight. Didn't see any rifles/pistols that we were looking for (thinking a JLD HK91 will be next).

Interesting hand made signs about no conceal carry allowed inside.

Heard a story from someone there about 7.62 mm ammo being on a ship, but the US won't let them dock? Hmmm, rumor or?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:51:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
We just picked up ammo, a steel target and an Aimshot laser boresight. Didn't see any rifles/pistols that we were looking for (thinking a JLD HK91 will be next).

Heard a story from someone there about 7.62 mm ammo being on a ship, but the US won't let them dock? Hmmm, rumor or?

They're still telling that story about the "ammo boat" at the gun show?

I've heard that "ship docking" story for 10 years now. First it was the Chinese 7.62x39 in tuna cans, than it was the South African stuff in battle packs, then it was the Greek stuff, then it was the Spanish stuff, then it was somebody elses stuff that is being held at bay (no pun intended). Sheesh.

Will that ammo boat ever dock? Oh, will that ammo boat ever dock?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:13:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Well I just got back from the show.  Ammo prices weren't any better than just buying it all Walmart (except for Wolf).  Gun prices were just insane.  $589 for a Glock 19, come on now.  

Gun Shows anymore are all about the accessories, which I bought a ton of. I did get one of the best soft rifles cases I have ever seen, my AR that is on its well will fit real nice in it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:02:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Damn.........A year ago wolf was 99.00 for a grand and aussie 308 in the olive drab box was 160.00...

J&G in prescott has 308 African at those prices and portuguese for even cheaper on 1000 rounds!

Group buy...........maybe?

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:38:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Damn.........A year ago wolf was 99.00 for a grand and aussie 308 in the olive drab box was 160.00...

J&G in prescott has 308 African at those prices and portuguese for even cheaper on 1000 rounds!

Group buy...........maybe?

How much for the South African from J&G?

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:59:42 PM EDT
[#13]
The one thing that i thought was cool was that guy selling AR mags near the bathrooms. He had stainless steel mag springs, for 20s and 30s for $1 each.  I've never seen them for sale at the show before.

My kid made out by getting a pretzel and a bag of jerky.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:22:26 PM EDT
[#14]
I go to Prescott about once a month.  If you guys ever need me to pick stuff up let me know.  J&G was the reason I was broke all through college - damn them and their great selection of guns and gear!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:59:24 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Maybe when the Saudi's take over they will let it dock.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:33:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Decided not to go to the gunshow.  Called my friend who had a couple of tickets for me told me it was packed and more like a flea market than a gunshow..  So I demilled one of my AK74 kits instead.

Take care,

John P..
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:43:09 PM EDT
[#17]
I thought I'd heard that ammo boat story before...sheesh.

ETA: Those damn little batteriers for the Aimshot don't last much longer than 35 minutes, and they're $3.89 x3. I know, shouldn't have bought one in the first place...firing 3 shots at 25 yds. gets ya sighted in soon enough.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:53:52 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I go to Prescott about once a month.  If you guys ever need me to pick stuff up let me know.  J&G !

My man.... you might have to make a run for us. I know I want to pick up some SA .308 and think some others do as well.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:15:57 AM EDT
[#19]
I ended up leaving with nothing. Not even any ammo. I almost got a Tikka T3 from Black Rifle but decided to wait. I went back to get the two boxes of .32 win special I saw earlier and they were gone. 7.62x29 was ridiculous.

Some decent deals on some used rifles but for the most part new rifles were way over what you can get them online for. I saw only two PTR-91s and they were each $1200.

butter: FYI Sarco has them listed for $600. http://www.sarcoinc.com/guns14-4.html
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:18:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Did any of you guys see the original Armalite (Netherlands marked) reweld? It was painted in some God-awful desert scheme. I thought it was a toy at first because I haven't seen a on original Armalite in quite awhile. It had the chargine handle inside the carrying handle. This was not a AR18/AR180 variatn.

The rifle had GIANT weld seems where it was put back together. It was a 2-cut receiver and the sear pin hole was welded over. Dude overheard Mark and I crack'n on it got pissed off. He tried to explain why it was such a good rifle and that is worth every bit of $2,500

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:28:16 PM EDT
[#21]
AndrewS, thanks for the link. Gave hubby the head's up. There goes the piggy bank.

Mmm, SA .308 battlepacks...

Missed the mutilated Armalite. Poor thing, how sad! And $2,500?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:59:40 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Did any of you guys see the original Armalite (Netherlands marked) reweld? It was painted in some God-awful desert scheme. I thought it was a toy at first because I haven't seen a on original Armalite in quite awhile. It had the chargine handle inside the carrying handle. This was not a AR18/AR180 variatn.

The rifle had GIANT weld seems where it was put back together. It was a 2-cut receiver and the sear pin hole was welded over. Dude overheard Mark and I crack'n on it got pissed off. He tried to explain why it was such a good rifle and that is worth every bit of $2,500

thanks,
Ron

That gun sounds like bad ju-ju to me IF it was operational, and it isn't just the ugly welds or the bad finish. You've got a re-welded, unregestered machine gun whether or not it originally met BATF's provisions for destruction and whether or not the sear hole has been welded up. Typically the only "re-welds" you see are title 2 transferable's. When was the last time you saw a M16 re-welded and sold as a semi? How about a "real" semi M14, and who wouldn't like to own a re-welded Thompson semi if only as a wall hanger? Full auto receivers are destroyed per BATF specs and the remaining parts imported and built into legal firearms using semi auto receivers while meeting the all important U.S. parts count.

Look at the recent AK builds, FAL builds, 1919 builds. Many of these guns use new SEMI receivers and old existing parts. I know it's stupid, but I don't make or enforce the laws, BATF does. I love the old AR10s and saw a few VERY nice transferable examples at the SAR Show in Phoenix last December. The price on those was a little more than 10 times what this guy wanted for what sounds like an illegal re-weld.

If anyone is interested, I have an old Armalite/Fairchild Aircraft AR10 promotional video on my hard drive. It actually features lots of footage of Eugene Stoner himself firing the gun! I'd be happy to email it to any interested parties. Warning! Run time is about 14 minutes long, so this isn't for dial-up modems. Really, really neat stuff if you're an AR fan! Send me an email address.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:50:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Thanks Vegas-SMG.

Email addy sent.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:06:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Sorry for the late response,in my shotgun news J&G advertises.......

.308 Caliber South African.......nine or more Sealed Battlepacks...25.90.

= 233.10 for 1260 rounds + tax.

The Portuguese FMJ is on M60 links,NATO Marked 147 grain.......1,000 rounds.... 39.95 per 200 round can.

=199.75 for 1000 rounds + tax.

They also show wolf 308 at 174.50 per thousand but i'm not interested.

IMHO the Port is the best deal,ya you have to de-link it but thats no big deal for the better ammo,and  that beats one local place I can think of by,10.00 per pack on both the SA and PORT.

I'm good for 2000 of the port,and have time off weekdays to make a run if anyone wants to participate.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:12:09 PM EDT
[#25]

If a "run" is made, I'm willin' to split 1000 rnds of the Port links with someone.........
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:58:24 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

The rifle had GIANT weld seems where it was put back together. It was a 2-cut receiver and the sear pin hole was welded over. Dude overheard Mark and I crack'n on it got pissed off. He tried to explain why it was such a good rifle and that is worth every bit of $2,500hanks,Ron

LOL I saw that and just kept walking. Didnt bother to stop and look.

Quoted:
AndrewS, thanks for the link. Gave hubby the head's up. There goes the piggy bank. he

Youre very welcome. I want one myself.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:27:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Wasn't the worst show I've seen at Cashman. There does seem to be an aweful lot of glass ponies, used VHS tapes and NASCAR stuff though.

Got a bunch of stripper clips and other accesories for my Enfield and picked up some ammo, so it wasn't a terrible loss.

I came pretty close to getting a Oly Matchmaster, but reckoned I'd save the money to put an AR together.

Speaking of which, I've been looking at the Stag lowers that AIMsurplus sells. They're stripped for $95 buck and that strikes me as a good deal. If I could choose though, I'd like to put my money into local shops. Don't have to pay the transfer and I get to support local businesses to boot.

I read through the post about good/bad shops in town, but are there any that can beat that price on a lower?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:52:20 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Well I just got back from the show.  Ammo prices weren't any better than just buying it all Walmart (except for Wolf).  Gun prices were just insane.  $589 for a Glock 19, come on now.  

Gun Shows anymore are all about the accessories, which I bought a ton of. I did get one of the best soft rifles cases I have ever seen, my AR that is on its well will fit real nice in it.

$399.00 for Glock 19 with 3 15rd magazines at Discount Firearms. NIB  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:00:51 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Wasn't the worst show I've seen at Cashman. There does seem to be an aweful lot of glass ponies, used VHS tapes and NASCAR stuff though.

Got a bunch of stripper clips and other accesories for my Enfield and picked up some ammo, so it wasn't a terrible loss.

I came pretty close to getting a Oly Matchmaster, but reckoned I'd save the money to put an AR together.

Speaking of which, I've been looking at the Stag lowers that AIMsurplus sells. They're stripped for $95 buck and that strikes me as a good deal. If I could choose though, I'd like to put my money into local shops. Don't have to pay the transfer and I get to support local businesses to boot.

I read through the post about good/bad shops in town, but are there any that can beat that price on a lower?

Only 2 places I know of in town that sell AR lowers in the Vegas area,, Citadel,, they only sell DPMS to my knowledge and are a bit pricey..  The other is Black Rifle in Henderson, Not sure what he carries because when I was looking he was always waiting for some to come in, so don't know the price either..  I ended up buying my upper and lower on line..

John P..
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:05:32 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
If a "run" is made, I'm willin' to split 1000 rnds of the Port links with someone.........

I could do that,, I've got about 1500 or so of the SA now and about 300 of the Australian laying around, Could always use some good 7.62 for the HK....

John P..
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:23:14 PM EDT
[#31]

I could do that,, I've got about 1500 or so of the SA now and about 300 of the Australian laying around, Could always use some good 7.62 for the HK....

John P..

........runnin' about the same numbers.......IM sent.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top