Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/10/2006 9:27:08 AM EDT
Story

Corcran's attorney, Las Vegas City Councilman Steve Wolfson, said his client was going after a speeder at the time of the crash.

Yeh...sure...  No, siren...no lights.  I guess that would explain:

Since the crash, Corcran has refused to talk to investigators and has hired a criminal defense attorney.

I can't wait to here the rest of the BS.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:16:49 AM EDT
[#1]
only comment,,,,,a 16 year old with Twins? I'm sure someones gonna Pay at any rate
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:24:14 AM EDT
[#2]
119 MPH with no overheads and siren. What the Hell was he thinking?

The whole mess is tragic. A trooper faces jail time and a family is ruined forever.

Everyone loses on this one.

Sad, very sad.....
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:26:38 AM EDT
[#3]
119mph?? Wow, that's pretty damn fast. Plus, you gotta figure he slammed on his brakes at some point. Why the hell would you go that fast without your siren on??
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:26:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
refused to talk to investigators and has hired a criminal defense attorney.

Assuming that you were in his shoes, traveling 119mph, would you have done any different
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:34:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Assuming that you were in his shoes, traveling 119mph, would you have done any different

No, if I were in his shoes (at ANY speed for that matter) I would be holding my nose
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:53:31 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
only comment,,,,,a 16 year old with Twins? I'm sure someones gonna Pay at any rate

Well... $50,000 cap with the State. They may be able to go after the Trooper individually though.
Isn't this correct Kalani??

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:56:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

The whole mess is tragic. A trooper faces jail time and a family is ruined forever.

Sad, very sad.....

.......tragically so........
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:02:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:12:54 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sad, very sad.....

.......tragically so........

]

The tragic thing is the taxpayer and the trooper are gonna pay out the nose for people who ILLEGALLY crossed our borders. The INS said now they won't even think of deporting them. If I was a judge I'd throw the upcoming civil case right out the window, those people come here and do nothing more than suck on the .gov tit as much as they can by having anchor babies. The only time they want to go back to the their home country they are so "proud" of is when they are dead. I'd give them the tip of my boot right in each of their asses for compensation for the "tragedy".

Amen
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:27:54 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

The tragic thing is the taxpayer and the trooper are gonna pay out the nose for people who ILLEGALLY crossed our borders. The INS said now they won't even think of deporting them. If I was a judge I'd throw the upcoming civil case right out the window, those people come here and do nothing more than suck on the .gov tit as much as they can by having anchor babies. The only time they want to go back to the their home country they are so "proud" of is when they are dead. I'd give them the tip of my boot right in each of their asses for compensation for the "tragedy".

..............................  I don't have anything to add to that.

WP + nail = head

What, exactly the fuck set the precedent that when international criminals come into our country we don't toss them out on their ear regardless of what does/doesn't good/bad happen to them?

I don't know if I wasn't paying attention, but it seems like all of a sudden, the illegals have more protections than the citizens. WTF?

I guess its true: "If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!"
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:20:05 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

WP,

I don't believe where the people came from has anything to do with the accident. It could have been any one of us in that car. If it wasn't illegals it would have been someone else, like a caucasian family of five traveling back home to Kommiefornia. They were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The people who were killed whether they be Mexican, illegal, or whatever, were human beings with loved ones and people that cared about them, and no matter what their status on the ethnic food chain I believe they should be compensated for their loss.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:28:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
WP,

I don't believe where the people came from has anything to do with the accident. It could have been any one of us in that car. If it wasn't illegals it would have been someone else, like a caucasian family of five traveling back home to Kommiefornia. They were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The people who were killed whether they be Mexican, illegal, or whatever, were human beings with loved ones and people that cared about them, and no matter what their status on the ethnic food chain I believe they should be compensated for their loss.

Interesting point, and I agree that  human life is a human life.

However, I think the point (and the outrage) comes from the fact that this could easily be turned into an opportunity to latch on to the .gov tit for someone who had no right to be here in the first place.

There is a difference between due compensation for loss and milking the system (especially when it isn't even your own system, and you've never made a dime's contribution to that system before abusing it!)

Perhaps the outrage is premature, but the precedent has already been set, and the pervasive pattern has become irrefutable.

~GryphonX
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:40:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:45:17 PM EDT
[#14]
How about their compensation be that we not boot their sorry asses back to Mexico. No need for anymore compensation than that, they're already living the high life.

I mean, it's sad that people died, but why should taxpayers have to suffer for it?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:46:35 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Fuck them, I was rooting for the girl and her two kids to drop dead but I guess they will live. Yippee, lucky us, the taxpayers. My best friend is Mexican, I know Ron is half Mexican and my friend Tom is half Mexican. The people in that car were/are ILLEGAL...criminals. I don't like criminals. A carful of criminals were killed, I'm not crying now but I will be when those anchor babies and the 16 yo mom are millionaires.

Right on, the way for these folks to be 100% alive right now is for them not to have broken the law and entered the country illegally. It's kinda like the burglar that trips and breaks his neck while he is breaking into your house and sues you for leaving shit laying around to trip on.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:43:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Guys,
hocked,
Most Mexican immigrants work there asses off, welfare is a handout and their prided won't accept it. I wish the same could be said for many of the "Americans" I see at the bank on the first and the fifteenth with .gov checks.

How many tickets for this weekends race were purchased by "Americans" with welfare or unemployment money. ( sounds like gov teat to me )

Bottom line, some died because of bad judgment by someone in a position to know better and exposed to the dangers of high speed. hing,
Someone died due to recklessness, any attempt to justify this or lessen the importance of the victims here, just proves that you're an idiot ( read A$$ hem,
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:52:10 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Fuck them, I was rooting for the girl and her two kids to drop dead but I guess they will live.  

Set aside any legal or illegal status of these people... two unborn children almost died. After seeing my children come into this world, I have never been the same. Life is a precious thing... especially a newborn's. Those two twins are innocent. Those two unborn children haven't graffitied anything, haven't stole anything, haven't car-jacked anybody, haven't been arrested... nothing, they are just two innocent beings involved in a tragic accident.

Some of you may have your reservations about the 4 that died and the mother but these kids didn't do damn thing wrong. I guess it's a bit of the liberal in me but life is precious thing and I don't care if it's a Muslim's baby, a murder's baby, or an illegal's baby.. they are innocent have no hatred or fear of anybody and DON'T deserve to die    

thanks,
Ron

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:01:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:03:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:08:56 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Please don't hold my views aganist my '68 Mustang which is in your fine care.....

No problems bro... just two different opinions on one subject. Besides, I couldn't hurt a mustang, they are almost as precious as newborns

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:41:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:42:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:54:57 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Please don't hold my views aganist my '68 Mustang which is in your fine care.....

They are building AKs this weekend, someone without a flat could just start with sheet metal
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:02:04 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They are building AKs this weekend, someone without a flat could just start with sheet metal

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:04:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:49:51 PM EDT
[#26]
I love the rush to judgement on the accident, WITHOUT mind you any FACTS.  This shows real critical thinking.  

WE do know that 5 illegals and one of them a pregnant teenager (reportedly a 16 year old) were on the road late at night in an old Cadillac.  

What was the operating condition of the caddy?    Were all of his tail lights working or were they only working when yolu stepped on the brake.    
Since you hear a lot of retoric and no facts, many BLEAT RETORIC!!  

There are reasons to think first about talking to a lawyer, and I suggest this was a wise move.  This infers no guilt, some people do not see it that way.

I suggest it's time to think about the facts (all of the facts are not known yet), or do you just want to shoot the NHP guy right now?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:53:53 PM EDT
[#27]
it was tragic, hell it happened right down the street from me....BUT, the family of the illegals who were killed should have no right to sue and profit from this. Had they been here legally then I would say they should sue the hell out of everyone involved, I know I would....
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:08:42 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
it was tragic, hell it happened right down the street from me....BUT, the family of the illegals who were killed should have no right to sue and profit from this. Had they been here legally then I would say they should sue the hell out of everyone involved, I know I would....

I watch Univision news everyday and just want to make clear.. the family expressed that they don't want to sue. Now, Eva Garcia-Mendoza, insisted  to the Mexican Consulates office that she be put in contact with the family's next of kin (this is from a attorney source in the Consulate's office, a very good friend of mine). Well, she has turned this into a "them" against "us" thing at this point. She has even accused the police of forming a blue line around the NHP officer.

I heard family members say... themselves... that they DON'T want money. What an American lawyer convinces them to do is another thing (sorry Kalani.. not grouping you with ALL lawyers).

and again.... there is NOT millions of dollars to be made in this case. There is a $50K cap per injured party.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:44:32 PM EDT
[#29]

.........four people unnecessarily dying in a traffic collision is tragic!
Beyond that, let's allow the dust to settle before swingin' a rope........

and don't forget- NO, repeat; NO vehicle entering our Southern (or Northern!) border is EVER checked for vehicle insurance.....Feds do NOT check for state-required compliance!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:46:40 PM EDT
[#30]
OK, now it's my turn to toss my $.02.

I've read the posts about illegal aliens and their deaths, the NHP trooper who alledgedly was running with no lights on and so on and so forth......

My question......why wasn't the NHP trooper taken into custody. If I run my car at 119 mph and kill 4 people and put a 16 year old pregnant  teenager in the hospital, I can guarantee you my ass will be in CCDC before I can go home and consult a lawyer.

The simple fact of this tragic incident is the NHP trooper killed 4 people for what, why was he going 119 mph.

We may never know.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:09:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Maybe his 2-way radio was broken and he wanted to make sure no more illegal aliens made it to town.  I just don't understand how 4 people get killed and some people make this NHP look like a hero. Maybe they should look at there own family tree and see how many anchors they can find...... Now back to the topic!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:20:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:35:23 PM EDT
[#33]
"Fuck them, I was rooting for the girl and her two kids to drop dead but I guess they will live".                                                                                                                                                    Maybe hero was the wrong word to use in this case and I apologize, now whats your excuse?                                                                                                                                        
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:50:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:08:58 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
"Fuck them, I was rooting for the girl and her two kids to drop dead but I guess they will live".                                                                                                                                                    Maybe hero was the wrong word to use in this case and I apologize, now whats your excuse?                                                                                                                                        

I don't like criminals.

They may have been criminals in the eyes of Immigration law because they came here "illegally," but those people were looking for a better life. If you lived in a corrupt, impoverished area of Mexico I am sure that you would be here for the same reasons those people were.

I don't think that escaping poverty and looking for a better way to survive every day life warrants death.

Like I said before, no matter how you slice it this was a very tragic event for all that were involved (including the trooper).

In lieu of the deaths of those four people I am taken aback by some of the responses that I have read in this post. I guess some will never understand the real impact of certain occurances unless it actually happens to them.

I wonder what the opinion would have been if the trooper had annihilated a car full of caucasion nuns coming home from a prayer service. I guess then it would have been a true tragedy then wouldn't it?

I'm surprised at some of you to say the least.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:25:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:13:49 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

and again.... there is NOT millions of dollars to be made in this case. There is a $50K cap per injured party.

it's per cause of action, actually. Negligence ? $50k potentially. Gross negligence? another $50k. Negligence per se? another $50k. Negligent hiring and training? Add another....

I was actually VERY surprised that the INS declined to pursue these folks. (At least according to the RJ).  While i'm sure it happens frequently, for the INS to announce it publicly flies in the face of the rhetoric being put forth by this Administration.  You can't talk about homeland security, and increasing the Patriot Act without shoring up on all fronts.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:24:56 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
My question......why wasn't the NHP trooper taken into custody. If I run my car at 119 mph and kill 4 people and put a 16 year old pregnant  teenager in the hospital, I can guarantee you my ass will be in CCDC before I can go home and consult a lawyer.

The simple fact of this tragic incident is the NHP trooper killed 4 people for what, why was he going 119 mph.

We may never know.

First, if you were driving, the most you would have received was a traffic citation at the scene. Since the investigation was just beginning, it would be too early to decide what charge is right.

Sincwe you would have been charged with probably a lesser crime, you could run right in and plead guilty or pay your ticket and you could never be charged again (double jeopardy).

In a complex investigation where a search warrant would be needed to secure evidence from a vehicle, it isn't going to happen right away. As the news reported, the investigators had to fly back to Ford with the computer to do a download.

As for the speeding part..........if he was chasing someone (I heard a different story), there are several issues with turning on your lights. First, odds are he was stopped running radar. Now, he is starting from a speed of 0 and must catch up to another speeding vehicle. The only way is to speed. If you turn on your lights as he passes or you begin to hit the speed limit, there is a very slim chance you will ever catch the vehicle as the gap is very hard to close (if they decide to run). It is a better technique to try and catch up to the vehicle before initiating a stop. It allows the officer to see the vehicle, plate, occupants, etc in case it does turn into a pursuit.

As for the dead and injured parties, sure they don't belong, but that doesn't mean they are free to kill.

Wolfson is a decent attorney and, without a corroborating witness or other information, the most this guy might see is the misdemeanor manslaughter charge which is very similar to any other traffic offense.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:35:02 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

First, if you were driving, the most you would have received was a traffic citation at the scene. Since the investigation was just beginning, it would be too early to decide what charge is right.

This is true. Do you remember the case with the lady who took out a bus stop full of people. She was not arrested at the scene. She was only brought up on charges after public outcry. I think that the State didn't even charge her, the City had to as an after the fact.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:55:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:25:11 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
They may have been criminals in the eyes of Immigration law because they came here "illegally," but those people were looking for a better life. If you lived in a corrupt, impoverished area of Mexico I am sure that you would be here for the same reasons those people were.

Yes, they were looking for a better life.......yes, most of us would probably cross illegally too
IT IS STILL A CRIME FOR THEM TO BE HERE

btw: over in GD there is a guy that has posted THOUSANDS of articles about illegals killing
American Citizens both accidentally and on purpose(after they kidnapped and raped them)
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:56:45 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, they were looking for a better life.......yes, most of us would probably cross illegally too

btw: over in GD there is a guy that has posted THOUSANDS of articles about illegal killing
American Citizens both accidentally and on purpose(after they kidnapped and raped them)

What the FUCK do illegals killing and raping American citizens have to do with the family of Mexicans that were killed in the accident referenced in this post?

The more this thread goes on I can see that the minds of the armchair interpreters get smaller and smaller.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:41:23 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

btw: over in GD there is a guy that has posted THOUSANDS of articles about illegal killing

What the FUCK do illegals killing and raping American citizens have to do with the family of Mexicans that were killed in the accident referenced in this post?

The more this thread goes on I can see that the minds of the armchair interpreters get smaller and smaller.

How can you say that? Go to the top post in this quote, where YOU are talking about
"criminals in the eyes of Immigration law" WTF does THAT have to do with it?
Are you looking at them in a vacuum? Without regard to the MILLIONS of them here ILLEGALLY?

If they are just people absent any illegal actions SURE all the lives are EQUAL

BUT, if you want to join the real world where that pregnant 16year old will be living off MY\YOUR paychecks.........

Let me put it this way, if you want her to have a free ride for 18 years, YOU pay for it BY YOURSELF
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:13:49 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How can you say that? Go to the top post in this quote, where YOU are talking about
Are you looking at them in a vacuum? Without regard to the MILLIONS of them here ILLEGALLY?

BUT, if you want to join the real world where that pregnant 16year old will be living off MY\YOUR paychecks.........

Let me put it this way, if you want her to have a free ride for 18 years, YOU pay for it BY YOURSELF

Would it be any different if it were a 16 year old AMERICAN, Caucasian crack whore that was pregnant with twins that survived? Who would pay for that one, Mr. Rocket Scientist?

I can see that the small minds are at it again and taking this whole tragedy in a different direction.

Perhaps all of you "self-righteous" individuals should start an Illegal Alien thread, because it appears to me that the tragedy that happened with the family referenced in this thread has turned into a 'race fest.'

Some of the people on this site have no clue.

Very sad.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:30:52 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Would it be any different if it were a 16 year old AMERICAN, Caucasian crack whore that was pregnant with twins that survived? Who would pay for that one, Mr. Rocket Scientist?

I can see that the small minds are at it again and taking this whole tragedy in a different direction.

Perhaps all of you "self-righteous" individuals should start an Illegal Alien thread, because it appears to me that the tragedy that happened with the family referenced in this thread has turned into a 'race fest.'

Some of the people on this site have no clue.

Very sad.  

Yes, it would be different but, the Cop should not have been going that fast without lights\siren
I'm laughing at you calling me names MULTIPLE times instead of debating the issue here
YOU are the self-righteous, small minded, rocket scientist with no clue that plays the race card
(Some people just don't think that Americans are worth spit..............I guess some aren't)
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:50:16 AM EDT
[#46]
Whoa, it's getting pretty nasty in here...
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:59:11 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Whoa, it's getting pretty nasty in here...

Heh, sorry.........I thought this was the AZ forum
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:46:34 AM EDT
[#48]
If you will remember a couple weeks ago, in a thread about the NHP using aircraft to catch speeders, I made some pretty inflamatory statements about the NHP. I tried to promote the idea that it is ridiculous to spend who knows how much tax money to catch speeders.................................. So, now I guess I have to mention a few additional points.

1) The NHP's reaction to all this is that this NHP officer was legitimately doing his job at the time of the accident. In other words, the NHP doesn't see anything at all wrong with the idea of this guy driving at 119 mph for the all important task of catching a speeder. That makes sense to them. There is nothing that takes precidence over catching a speeder. No amount of money is too much to spend to catch a speeder. No speed is too fast to use to catch a speeder. No danger to the public is too great to catch a speeder. Killing members of the public is OK if it means we can catch a speeder.......................... And the majority of the people on this board that responded to the previous thread bought into this.
2) It is totally irresponsible, unsafe, and in fact a crime for me or you to drive at 119 mph, but it is OK for the NHP to drive at 119 mph. Even if it results in the death of four people, they still come out with this statement like he was not doing anything wrong.
3) Do you have any idea how long it takes to stop a car that is going 119 mph if anything happens like another car being in front of you ? Reaction time, time to move your foot from gas to brake pedal, plus the time it takes the car to stop after the brakes are applied ? And the NHP is not saying that this speed is unsafe (for them). This of course doesn't even consider something like a tire blow out. Time = distance: how much distance does it take to stop a vehicle traveling at 119 mph after you realize there is a problem ?
4) If, in fact, this NHP officer was in fact in persuit of a speeder, the guy that was speeding didn't harm any member of the public by his driving. It was only after the NHP became involved that the publc was harmed. In that last NHP thread a bunch of people jumped in there and told me how happy they were that the NHP was out there protecting us from all the nut drivers and telling me how many more nuts would be out there if it wasn't for the NHP. Guess what ? The NHP are the nuts out there driving that are killing people.
5) There is a concept in emergency vehicle driving called outrunning your siren. The faster you go the shorter the distance that someone can hear your siren. So, even if he had been running his siren, at 119 mhp, this distance would be a couple feet in front of his bumper. Running the lights would have been a help though.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:05:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:49:54 AM EDT
[#50]
I'm sick of them too.................they have turned my workplace into a place on Superbowl Sunday you can't even find a TV in fucking English.    And if you touch the TV, hang onto to your ass, cause you violated someone's right.  I'm gonna go to Albertson's with WP's wife and ask wht I can't put and app in Italian???

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top