Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2006 9:01:21 AM EDT
I dialed 311 and they said they dont handle noise complaints for apartments. WTF? I got these crazy ARABS that moved in below me 7 weeks ago and its been hell. Non stop slamming doors and cabinets at 5am and till 12am at night. Zero sleep so far. Tried talking to them but kept yelling at me in arabic and slammed the door in my face- sorry we only speak English here in America. I did tell him to Phuck himself which wasnt neighborly but oh well.  Lately...they are moving stuff in and out of the house in the middle of the night and weird middle eastern folks are stopping by in the middle of the night to pick up stuff . Course the neighbors are all scared of him intimidating everyone.  Any locals have any advice? Iam already armed to the teeth, in and out of my house- its not cool when you cant even relax at home. I dont rent as Iam a owner. Already complained to the damn Homeowners Assoc which is in Riverside and they are taking their jolly ass time to send out violation letters. Grrr....
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:12:09 AM EDT
[#1]
They need to respond.

There are times where certain calls are screened. This is usually to a major incident where resources cannot be dedicated to minor calls (in nature, not saying it is not important).

Shoot, most noise complaints came from apts. I have been on more than I could remember and have never heard of not responding.

Was it day or night??

BTW, there are some dumb call takers (one treated me like crap and refused to send someone...long story, but she is in deep doo doo now). So, call again and you will get a different person.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:34:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Go to a payphone.  Call the pd and report that you think they have a meth lab.  Don't use your home phone or your cellphone.  Then watch the fun.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:53:43 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Go to a payphone.  Call the pd and report that you think they have a meth lab.  Don't use your home phone or your cellphone.  Then watch the fun.

DOH! That would do the trick.

The times I've called 311, they always ask if there's drugs/alcohol involved. Guess that would speed up the response?

Last time, took them 2 hours to arrive. By then, the idiots doing laps around the cul-de-sac with their mini bikes and tearing through everyone's front yards were gone.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:59:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:29:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
They need to respond.

There are times where certain calls are screened. This is usually to a major incident where resources cannot be dedicated to minor calls (in nature, not saying it is not important).

Shoot, most noise complaints came from apts. I have been on more than I could remember and have never heard of not responding.

Was it day or night??

BTW, there are some dumb call takers (one treated me like crap and refused to send someone...long story, but she is in deep doo doo now). So, call again and you will get a different person.

It is night and day. Noise starts at 6pm when they get home from whatever they do and then lasts till 12am or so...then begins again at 5 or 6am depending on how they feel.  I cant sleep and am starting to look like one of them. Dark circle around eyes etc.  I didnt realized I looked that bad till my boss said I look like shit down at the Federal Building in court.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:40:00 AM EDT
[#6]
The meth lab idea is totally irresponsible and it isn't funny.
You want someone to come out because your neighbors are keeping you awake. By making this false call, you are going to tie up a lot of people in an ongoing investigation that might eventually result in a full on, drug lab raid. You see, the reason you didn't get a response to begin with is that everyone was busy on more pressing matters. So, you are going to tie up a bunch more people so other's can't get a response either. YOU have now have become the problem.

On the other hand, if I had a group of Arabs coming and going at all hours of the day and night with other Arabs coming and going, picking up stuff and dropping stuff off, I would be inclined to see if the Department of Homeland Security might want to know what is going on there.
A couple months ago, I took a class at Frontsight with a US Border Patrol officer who is stationed in El Paso. They made a bust (turned over to them by the Mexicans) on an Al Quida operative in Juarez who got turned in by his neighbors because he was an asshole to his neighbors. Sound Familiar ?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:49:15 AM EDT
[#7]
444 is right.  This sounds very weird, and after 9/11, why chance it?  I'm neam why the hell are they up at all hours, and constantly bringing stuff/people in and out.  Don't foget that Vegas is one of the top targets for Al Queda.

You don't have to lie, but I'd be real blunt with Metro.  Tell them " There is a suspicious group of Arabs who are up at all hours, they seem to be constantly bringing some sort of supplies into the apartment late at night, they work through the night, they only speak Arabic, they are rude and threatening, and I'm starting to feel very uncomfortable and feel something is wrong - and I just didn't want to take any chances - would you be willing to help as I've already called once,  or is there some other agency I should call?"  

If they still refuse to help, call Eye Witness News 8I hate to profile Arabs but damn, after 9/11, I'd rather risk them being insulted than have something happen to Vegas.  Remember, they were here before 9/11, and yes, they have been here since 9/11, and some have even been caught.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:04:04 PM EDT
[#8]
The WORLD must think that Americans are some of the STUPIDEST people around!  Read below and you will see why.

Please pause a moment and reflect back, by taking the following Multiple Choice test:

1. In 1972 at the Munich Olympics, athletes were kidnapped and massacred by:
a. Olga Corbitt
b. Sitting Bull
c. Arnold Schwartzeneger
d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

2. In 1979, the U.S. embassy in Iran was taken over by:
a. Lost Norwegians
b. Elvis
c. A tour bus full of 80-year-old women

3. During the 1980's a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by:
a. John Dillinger
b. The King of Sweden
c. The Boy Scouts
d. Islamic male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

4. In 1983, the U.S. Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by:
a. A pizza delivery boy (MeanSteve?)
b. Pee Wee Herman
c. Geraldo Rivera

5. In 1985 the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked and a 70 year old American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard by:
a. The Smurfs
b. Davy Jones
c. The Little Mermaid

6. In 1985 TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens, and a U.S. Navy diver was murdered by:
a. Captain Kid
b. Charles Lindbergh
c. Mother Teresa

7. In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by:
a. Scooby Doo
b. The Tooth Fairy
c. Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid

8. In 1993 the World Trade Center was bombed the first time by:
a. Richard Simmons
b. Grandma Moses
c. Michael Jordan

9. In 1998, the U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by:
a. Mr. Rogers
b. Hillary, to distract attention from Wild Bill' s women problems
c. The World Wrestling Federation

10. On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked and destroyed and thousands of people were killed by:
a. Bugs Bunny, Wiley E. Coyote, Daffy Duck and Elmer Fudd
b. The Supreme Court of Florida
c. Mr. Bean

11. In 2002 the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against:
a. Enron
b. The Lutheran Church
c. The NFL

12. In 2002 reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and murdered by:
a. Bonny and Clyde
b. Captain Kangaroo
c. Billy Graham

Nope, no patterns anywhere to justify profiling!

So, to ensure we Americans never offend anyone, particularly fanatics intent on killing us, airport security screeners will no longer be allowed toselectively  profile certain people from category (d) above.  Instead,  they must conduct random searches of EVERYONE including 80-year-old women, little kids, airline pilots with proper identification, Secret Service agents who are members of the President's security detail, 85 year old Congressmen with metal hips, and Medal of Honor winning former Governors.  We could save a LOT of money,  a LOT of effort and be a LOT safer if we used common sense and focused our efforts on the right groups of people.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:37:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The WORLD must think that Americans are some of the STUPIDEST people around!  Read below and you will see why.

We could save a LOT of money,  a LOT of effort and be a LOT safer if we used common sense and focused our efforts on the right groups of people.

"WE" are already on that game, if the head-up-their-ass sheeple and they're elected minions step out of the way this Country would be the Traditional Bastion it has so amply previously demonstrated.........and "we" wouldn't be lamenting here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top