Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:34:34 PM EDT
[#1]
At first glance, I said to myself "Awesome! Now we need to petition to get this passed here!"

Then I sat and thought for a second before hitting the "Send" button.

Having Unlicensed CCW could go one of two ways:

1- First step toward completely obliterating the Concealed Weapons laws throughout the United States.

See, when the whole Same-Sex Marriage initiate came up on the ballot, all the tighty-righties were complaining that "If the marriage is recognized in Massachussetts, then it'll ALSO have to be recognized by say, South Carolina which does not have such laws on the books." They (effectively referring to Talk Radio Pundits like , Rush, Hannity, Savage and the Leperchaun) used the logic that if Drivers' Licenses are recognized across state lines, then marriages should be too therefore Gay Marriage Is Bad.

If we (concerned CCW permit holders) are to use that same logic, then our Nevada CCWs are valid in all States and Territories in the Union, seeing as how our NVDLs are valid in all States and Territories. Both were administered by a duly-appointed and trained state official who decided based upon both a written and field test that we can be trusted by the State of Nevada to operate such a piece of machinery in a safe and respectable manner befitting a holder of such license to do so. Logic dictates that as per Marriage and Drivers' Licenses, so should Carry Concealed Weapons Permits be valid across State and Territorial lines.

2 - First step toward draconian new anti-CCW laws.
As an experiment, two states are going without CCW permits. The first instant someone protects his family against a raving drug-addled psychopath, The Media will exclaim how "Out of control" the current situation is and how the death of a crackhead could have been avoided if only the carrying of concealed handguns was illegal across the board! Oh Won't Somebody Please Think Of The Crackheads!?!?!?

I think this legislation walks the razor's edge, my friends. As always, as traipsing through the political minefield, attempt to do so safely.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top