Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2006 8:40:31 PM EDT
Is our State going to have Gun Owners this year, or hurt us ?  Will there be any anti-gun bills due to the Metro Officer being Killed ?  I have no problem with laws that will put more Shit Heads behind bars.  Just not more laws that will hurt the lawful gun owner.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:29:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:25:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I bet we see some sort of "assualt weapons" ban come up within the next year.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:15:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:45:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd love to say "Douglas" but our gun-hating Sheriff and his douchebag underlings think that us law-abiding firearms owners are just an 'annoying minority' who don't have a voice in this town, county, state or Union.

Fuck you, Ron Pierini and Co. Up the ass, with a broomstick. I hope some right-thinking cop that's not a cocksockety politician runs against him this term. At this point, I'd vote for a rock with glued-on googly-eyes over Pierini.

If I had the two-years requisite LEO experience, *I'd* run against him.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:57:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I bet we see some sort of "assualt weapons" ban come up within the next year.  

+1

I'll bet there will not only be "assault weapon" legislation, I'll also bet they will somehow compare having a CCW and legally bypassing Brady during the purchase of a firearm to the "Gun Show Loophole" and buying guns off the street.

We're probably going to see the usual legislative bullshit that is found in other states get introduced in our legislature: i.e the gun show loophole, one gun a month, assault weapons ban, high cap mags, cop killer bullets, .50 cal. ban, etc, etc, etc.

It makes me want to puke.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:11:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:17:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Last week, you and I discussed the possibility that this recent rash of shots-fired calls upon Police Officers in the LV Metro area might be actually encouraged by the Violence Prevention Center and / or the Handgun Control Inc. partnerships in a bid to show how completely "Unsafe the streets are" and how that "Our officers aren't safe with guns on the street!"

While flights of fancy down the MKULTRA / MKDELTA Manchurian Candidate corridor are easy to jump to, I feel that no such covert ops sort of brainwashing is going on with these fine folks on the highest rung of society's ladder who choose to shoot it out with the LVMPD with the Evil Scary Assault Weapons That Should Be Removed From Our Streets Oh Won't Somebody Please Think Of The Children!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

No, rather than Government-sponsored mind control experiments, I think that a few seedy assholes in the Brady Bunch have been simply dropping an ounce of blow and an SKS into the laps of crackheads and telling them they can have more, lots more if they just empty the magazine onto a Metro.

If I had millions in the budget and an agenda of fear to push, you'd better goddamned believe this is the tactic I'd be using, and I know that the jerks at the Brady Campaign were the same assholes who consistently beat me at chess in high school.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:12:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Last week, you and I discussed the possibility that this recent rash of shots-fired calls upon Police Officers in the LV Metro area might be actually encouraged by the Violence Prevention Center and / or the Handgun Control Inc. partnerships in a bid to show how completely "Unsafe the streets are" and how that "Our officers aren't safe with guns on the street!"

While flights of fancy down the MKULTRA / MKDELTA Manchurian Candidate corridor are easy to jump to, I feel that no such covert ops sort of brainwashing is going on with these fine folks on the highest rung of society's ladder who choose to shoot it out with the LVMPD with the Evil Scary Assault Weapons That Should Be Removed From Our Streets Oh Won't Somebody Please Think Of The Children!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

No, rather than Government-sponsored mind control experiments, I think that a few seedy assholes in the Brady Bunch have been simply dropping an ounce of blow and an SKS into the laps of crackheads and telling them they can have more, lots more if they just empty the magazine onto a Metro.

If I had millions in the budget and an agenda of fear to push, you'd better goddamned believe this is the tactic I'd be using, and I know that the jerks at the Brady Campaign were the same assholes who consistently beat me at chess in high school.

Which one are you?  

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:40:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Since I'm in real life a sexy black man with an voice so filled with erotic gravel that it causes panties to slip off of sexy well-toned asses and fling through the air at my face every time I begin to loquate, I'll have to say that I'm actually "Rowdy" Roddy Piper.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:42:29 PM EDT
[#10]
The Poll shows that a large percentage of people believe the counties listed as "other" are pro-gun.  Which Counties  by name are Pro-Gun ?  I may want to move to one of them just to get away from these Liberals here in Clark County.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:02:31 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The Poll shows that a large percentage of people believe the counties listed as "other" are pro-gun.  Which Counties  by name are Pro-Gun ?  I may want to move to one of them just to get away from these Liberals here in Clark County.

Any county up North. There are 16 to choose from (other than Clark).
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:02:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I'm leaving Douglas (because of sentiments eloquently presented by MeanSteve) in favor of Storey/Lyon (we're living right on the border).

Totally different attitude, and approach to citizens' rights.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:31:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any county up North. There are 16 to choose from (other than Clark).

Joe,
   Do you think Clark County will ever become Pro-Gun Like other Counties up North ?  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:02:44 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Joe,
   Do you think Clark County will ever become Pro-Gun Like other Counties up North ?  

Hard to say Porch.

I have lived in Clark County for 30 years and it seems to be going the way of anti-gun. The Kommiefornians and Easterners have already infiltrated our our laid back way of life here and I can't see the anti-gun/freedom sentiment slowing down or regressing.

If it gets really anti-gun here (either in Clark County or statewide) I will consider moving. It's a shame that I would even have to consider such a drastic measure, but I really don't see it getting any better.

All we need is a couple of more morons shooting at cops and you would most likely have to stick a fork in us..... because we will be done.

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:50:37 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Joe,

Hard to say Porch.

I have lived in Clark County for 30 years and it seems to be going the way of anti-gun. The Kommiefornians and Easterners have already infiltrated our our laid back way of life here and I can't see the anti-gun/freedom sentiment slowing down or regressing.

If it gets really anti-gun here (either in Clark County or statewide) I will consider moving. It's a shame that I would even have to consider such a drastic measure, but I really don't see it getting any better.

All we need is a couple of more morons shooting at cops and you would most likely have to stick a fork in us..... because we will be done.

Joe,
I hope it doesn't get any worse. These are the reasons I left Ca.  Is the State AG Pro-Gun ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top