Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 2:40:27 PM EDT
I guess it does pay to be a good guy and give out more than you expect to receive. In return something good usually comes back to you.

I have some pretty cool friends....

SPARE SLIDE: Courtesy of SigArms (an absolutely outstanding company with both product and customer service).

OD COATING: Courtesy of Mostow241 (AZHTF).

FRESH SET of PT NIGHT SIGHTS: Courtesy of Variable (NVHTF).

My P220 with the original Blue slide the gun came with

The spare slide from Sig that has been coated in OD Green (Note: Sig did not do the coating)

Fresh set of PT Night Sights (these are the brighest night sights I have ever seen!)

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:19:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Absolutely fantastic!

Whoever would have thought that being nice to people would eventually pay off in the end?

(yeah, I saw your original, unedited thread title)
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:31:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I changed the title because I didn't think anyone was interested in reading it.

I just wanted to share a job well done on my slide and the people that were responsible for it.

Maybe now that I changed the title more people will read the post and appreciate the work. The slide and the sights really turned out nice.

PS: It was good to see you when you were here for SHOT.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:18:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks great, but how did you get the spare slide? Maybe I missed something.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:43:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Looks great, but how did you get the spare slide? Maybe I missed something.

I had some problems with rust with the original slide that came with the gun. The older P220's do not have stainless steel slides with the Nitron coating, they are blued Carbon Steel.

Anyway, several years ago when I started having the rust problem I called Sig and they sent me a P220 slide to try out that had a different coating (other than traditional bluing). I used the slide for several months during the summer and it solved the problem.

Sig knows I own a shooting school here in Las Vegas, and that I sell a VERY large number of Sigs through a local dealer. So, when I called them to tell them the results of the new coating they said to just keep the slide. That's the kind of customer service that company has. Now I don't know if they are giving away free slides to just anyone, but like I said they knew who I was and they knew how many guns I sell every month. For a guy that doesn't own a gun store or have a FFL, I manage to pump out a lot of guns through a local dealer, and most of those guns are Sigs. All I can say is they are a great company and they have an outstanding product.

I wanted an OD finish for a while and Sig wasn't providing colors at the time I received the spare slide for T&E. A friend of mine in Arizona (Mostow241, AZHTF) offered to put an OD finish on the slide for me and I went with it. Variable from the NVHTF hooked me up with the PT Night Sights.

So there you have it.....

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:31:52 PM EDT
[#5]
It's nice to know that some companies stand behind thier products. Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:47:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:03:54 PM EDT
[#7]
That green slide is "Dead SEXY"!

Poisonous even..........

V
OUT
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:45:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Great Looking gun Joe.  Is this your Carry Gun ?  I have been considering getting a Sig 220 DAK.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:10:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I love OD green. Very nice!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:14:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
That green slide is "Dead SEXY"!

Poisonous even..........

V
OUT

I have you to thank for the sights. I love them Bro.

Thanks again......
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:28:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Don't shoot your eye out

- Christmas Story

Hahahhaha

V
OUT
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:32:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Great Looking gun Joe.  Is this your Carry Gun ?  I have been considering getting a Sig 220 DAK.

Yes, the P220 is one of my two main carry guns. My other carry gun is a bone stock Stainless Colt Commander chambered in .45 ACP that has seen about 15,000 rounds over the past 12 years. All I ever added to my 1911 was a set of Hogue Finger Groove grips, a set of PT Night Sights and a Wilson "Bulletproof" extractor (right around the 12,000 round mark). Other than that the 1911 works all the time, every time (I thank John Moses Browning and God for that!).

Several years ago I decided to switch to a high quality double action .45. That decision was not because I don't like my 1911, but because I wanted a change in the operating system.

As an instructor I see thousands of firearms cross my line every year. I boiled my decision down to three handuns: Sig, Glock, and HK respectively. I decided to go with the Sig P220 because of the way the gun fit my hand (very close to the 1911 in grip axis) and how accurate I was putting two quick hits on the target under stress.

I can't comment on the DAK trigger, but I can tell you that the P220 in the regular double action trigger configuration suits my shooting and defensive needs just fine.

If you do choose a Sig P220 for your next handgun purchase you will be making a sound decision. If you have any questions about the 220 please IM me your phone number and I will call you to help you any way I can.

Be Safe.

Joe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top