Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 4:35:32 PM EDT
Is it just me or do certain gun store owners in Vegas have so much money they dont need to open more than 3 days a week.

I went to a certain store today cash in hand for an AK receiver even have a CCW so no work needed for the transfer and was told we are closed and cant help.

Do they want or need our business?

Thank heavens for Glen and stores with old fashion customer service values like Spurlocks they might not have everything you need but they atleast appriciate your custom
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:19:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Seems that most of them have more bad days than good, by a long shot!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:16:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Spurlocks is awesome, like you said they may not have everything but they sure as hell will get it for you.  Be hard pressed to find a friendlier group of guys as well.... Had them do the receiving on my RRA lower couple weeks ago...  

Sounds like you're in Henderson and I think I know which shop you're talking about with the hours like that..  I can add that in early January I had a problem trying to buy a Springer loaded .45 from a very well established local shop not too far out from Henderson..  The salesman just kept trying to talk me out of buying another .45.. Said the 3.5" ultra compact I owned was all I needed and there's no reason to own 2  .45s..  Mind you he wasn't trying to talk me into something else, more like he didn't want to part with his gun collection....

John P
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:18:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I went into a newer place a few days back to look at flashlights, money in hand......took about 20 mins for somebody to ask if I needed any help after standing there playing with their display lights...they were too busy answering questions from a customer.....the questions went something like this 'did you see XXX at SHOT?...........how was XXX at SHOT........what about XXX........'
I dont expect the person at the store to drop everything they are doing and run to my side when I walk into a store..but atleast, after a few minutes, tell me you will be with me after you are done with your current customer.  

I remember the day I decided to buy an AR..went to a certain large shop that also sells alot of police equipment...a big wad of 100's in my hand.  Stood at the counter, waited, waited, waited, waited..finally somebody walked up. Pointed to the rifle I wanted and asked in a very polite tone If I may see the rifle. Guy picked it up, held it a few inches from me and said 'see'...spun it around a bit and then put it back on the shelf...where it stayed as I walked out the door.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:39:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I've never run into an attitude at Center Mass, I can't remember the owners name but he has always come off as decent, polite and helpful to me, on the phone and in person.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:17:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I've never run into an attitude at Center Mass, I can't remember the owners name but he has always come off as decent, polite and helpful to me, on the phone and in person.

Leon.  Great guy to deal with (his son too).
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:34:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Centermass is a nice place too.    Said he was getting ready to add an indoor range.  That'll be nice..

John P.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:11:23 PM EDT
[#7]
As a professional in the firearms industry I firmly believe in giving the customer (in my case students) more than what they pay for. I am firm and fair in my practices and I promise little and always deliver much. Perhaps that is why I have been in business for 10 years, fueled by nothing more than word of mouth.

What's really funny is that I get a lot of people that the other guys have pissed off, and not only do I get to train those individuals, but I also take them to the other guys' competetion to buy guns. How ironic is that?

The brick and mortar shops have absolutely no idea how much they are losing in sales because of their piss-poor attitudes towards their customers. Couple those attitudes with high prices (you know, retail plus, plus, plus) and not only do they lose the immediate customer, but they also lose the customer's family, friends, and colleauges.

Just because a guy is in business doesn't mean he knows how to conduct it.

ETA: Don't get me wrong there a lot of good gun shops in the Valley that are very friendly and fair. Then there are the ones that suck, and I am sure we all know which ones those are without having to mention them here.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:27:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Centermass seems good although I have only been in a couple of times, it would seem that most of these folks that work in other gun stores think they have some sort of ESP when it comes to working out if a customer is worth dealing with, well I am here to tell you they are well off target.

I have personally (as my wife will tell you) spent around $4K this year alone in gun stores, I am sure there are others on this board who have spent more.

These guys need to realize that every person who walks through the door is a customer and may well pay their wages for the week
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:43:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Your preaching to the choir bro
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:51:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah there is one gun store in specific that will never get my business again.  They are a Glock law enforcement dealer.  I found out that Glock gives a nice military discount, so I went to this store in the central part of Vegas, cash in hand, ready to buy a Glock 19 that day.  

When I asked the employee about the discount, he laughed and said i don't qualify.  Mind you this was about 5 pm, I had just left Nellis, and WAS STILL IN UNIFORM!  He then rudely says it is only for LEO.  I politely tell him that while LEO does get the discount, so does military and firefighters/emts.  He then gets a little annoyed/angry and tells me again that I do not get the discount.  At this point he was starting to get a little loud, which I don't respond too well to.

So I decided to keep a cool head and call Glock ( who I had already called an hour earlier to confirm that I did indeed get the discount - which was about $100).  The Glock representative informs me that yes, I do get the discount, that they are doing me wrong, and then she gave me the name of a fairly new guns shop ( that had just moved from the other side of town) just right down the street that was also a Glock LEO dealer.  She then tells me that they will be in contact with the Gun Store owner to have him explain why qualified people are being charged full price.

Well the other gunstore I went to was great.  They were very friendly.  The minute I asked about the military discount, they pulled out the price sheet and showed me exactly what I'd pay.  So now $1500 in guns, 1 CCW class, numerous accessories, plus many range trips later, I still go to this shop.  Thats a lot of money the other shop lost out on all because of a discount that was about $100.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:58:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Yeah there is one gun store in specific that will never get my business again.  They are a Glock law enforcement dealer.  I found out that Glock gives a nice military discount, so I went to this store in the central part of Vegas, cash in hand, ready to buy a Glock 19 that day.  

When I asked the employee about the discount, he laughed and said i don't qualify.  Mind you this was about 5 pm, I had just left Nellis, and WAS STILL IN UNIFORM!  He then rudely says it is only for LEO.  I politely tell him that while LEO does get the discount, so does military and firefighters/emts.  He then gets a little annoyed/angry and tells me again that I do not get the discount.  At this point he was starting to get a little loud, which I don't respond too well to.

So I decided to keep a cool head and call Glock ( who I had already called an hour earlier to confirm that I did indeed get the discount - which was about $100).  The Glock representative informs me that yes, I do get the discount, that they are doing me wrong, and then she gave me the name of a fairly new guns shop ( that had just moved from the other side of town) just right down the street that was also a Glock LEO dealer.  She then tells me that they will be in contact with the Gun Store owner to have him explain why qualified people are being charged full price.

Well the other gunstore I went to was great.  They were very friendly.  The minute I asked about the military discount, they pulled out the price sheet and showed me exactly what I'd pay.  So now $1500 in guns, 1 CCW class, numerous accessories, plus many range trips later, I still go to this shop.  Thats a lot of money the other shop lost out on all because of a discount that was about $100.  

What gun shop is this?LE gets a discount but not military?I'd like to know who the commie loving,bed wetting, pinko SOB who said that was.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:47:39 PM EDT
[#12]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top