Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2006 7:29:53 AM EDT
Did anyone see anything FANTASTIC this year?

I thought it was kind of the same old stuff feeling.

SIG rifle is ugly, XD's .45 is thinner gripped, Beretta's patrol rifle seemed overpriced (at least they are doing something with all the Benelli M4 stocks),  nice to touch the SCAR (no civie production planned), saw the unreleased civie FN 2000 - again, verified HK will soon start releasing their HK416 once they get over the ATF stipulations to try and recover $ for the XM8 debacle, and finally, spent the better part of the afternoon talking to my HK MP7 (that will never be able to be owned ).

I think it will be better in two years when they are back.  I hope!

Anything else I missed that needs worth attention?

V
OUT
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:12:48 AM EDT
[#1]
what is the reason for the detour to Orlando for a year?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:43:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:08:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Have the hots for the FN F2000
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:31:17 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
verified HK will soon start releasing their HK416 once they get over the ATF stipulations to try and recover $ for the XM8 debacle,

V
OUT

Can you give me the skinny on this?

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:54:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'd like to know who was brave enough to man the Ares booth.

Ares was there?

I could not find them at all.......did wait to see R.Lee.  Nice, friendly fellow.

Got to see Springfield Armory's reps.....and they were quite nice.  Got one of their cards, to return my XD back to them for repairs.

Too bad they wont' have full railed 1911's again......guess my Operator's a dying breed, still think full rails are the nicest.

Urban Advantage had a nice demo.......they're strike plate, as well as the Modular Shooting Ranges......wonder if I can put that in my backyard!

Lots of posters.......OTIS was giving away some samples, always nice.

Some of the eye candy there was not too bad.......too bad I had to leave last night, but overall, good show, lots of vendors.

Now to call them next week......
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:56:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
verified HK will soon start releasing their HK416 once they get over the ATF stipulations to try and recover $ for the XM8 debacle,

V
OUT

Can you give me the skinny on this?

thanks,
Ron

Talk with HK reps. (can't say who).

It is old news though - HK PRO is running an article I think...."2.2.2006:  HK INC. reportedly importing -ZERO-units of G36 series in 2006.  Does this signal a push of the  HK416?  Sources indicate 416 series to be available to state and local L.E. agencies this year."

It is on their website.

Once they release it LE they have to support it (i.e. parts and service), which means you will be able to get it through HK dealers (just like MP5, 93, 91 parts, etc.).

Be patient Doc, "If they build it, you will cum...." Not exactly a Field of Dreams

V
OUT
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:59:55 AM EDT
[#7]
ARES was NOT there.........

Sunday is the last day for the live fire shoots out at Boulder Area ranges.

Those who attend, I will see you there (I'll be on the Mk 19, M240 and M249 systems).

See you there.

V
OUT

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:01:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:33:35 PM EDT
[#9]
They would have been assaulted like they were about the SHRIKE like last year...................

Who wants to come to NV for THAT.

I do not blame them.

V
OUT
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:24:05 PM EDT
[#10]
overheard the same thing about H&K and the civilian 416, they said maybe late in the year. at least thats what my ears picked up.

the yankee hill suppressor and phantom muzzle brake setup was pretty cool, don't know if thats new news or not , but i got to play with it , he he he . i know whats going on my sbr's now

oooh oooh ooh  smith and crapson, sorry i mean wesson. have an AR now too, it has theyre pretty logo on the side of it and says prominently on the other side MP, damn i was impressed, like a monkey with a new smell.......poop that is.   ( thats sarcasm by the way)
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:36:11 PM EDT
[#11]
FN WILL be producing a civilian SCAR. Production will begin towards the end of this year, IIRC.

Look HERE for the reply by cyclone. He emailed directly with FN on the situation.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:42:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'd like to know who was brave enough to man the Ares booth.

Ares was there?

I could not find them at all.......did wait to see R.Lee.  Nice, friendly fellow.

Got to see Springfield Armory's reps.....and they were quite nice.  Got one of their cards, to return my XD back to them for repairs.

Too bad they wont' have full railed 1911's again......guess my Operator's a dying breed, still think full rails are the nicest.

Urban Advantage had a nice demo.......they're strike plate, as well as the Modular Shooting Ranges......wonder if I can put that in my backyard!

Lots of posters.......OTIS was giving away some samples, always nice.

Some of the eye candy there was not too bad.......too bad I had to leave last night, but overall, good show, lots of vendors.

Now to call them next week......

Are they discontinuing the full rail TRP operator?  
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:47:32 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
FN WILL be producing a civilian SCAR. Production will begin towards the end of this year, IIRC.

Look HERE for the reply by cyclone. He emailed directly with FN on the situation.

WIZZO

I wouldn't hold your breath on the SCAR-L/H.

FN holds the tech data.  They own the M16A2 data as well.  That is why they have not released their M16A2 in semi/civie form.

FNHUSA is a total separate entity.  Just like HK and HK Defense, Colt and Colt Defense, they are tight fisted about releasing/using product/production info no matter what the profit.

Sad but true..........

FN is coming out with a 1911 though..............shhhhhhhh

I pray for the SCAR though.  It will be the only non-AR .223 rifle configured rifle I will purchase!

V
OUT  
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:06:32 PM EDT
[#14]
FN can't legally profit from info gleaned from the TDP per their gov't contract. Colt still "owns" the TDP as it's proprietary to them and they had the Gubment write that into the contract as it's not the gubment's info in the first place. THAT is why we haven't seen FN AR15's.

With the release of the Five SeveN pisto, the PS90 and the soon to be released FS2000, I have complete faith that FN isn't blowing hot air up our collective asses about the SCAR (officially known as the ARM-L and ARM-H).

BTW, I would imagine that it's Colt Defence that owns the TDP. They were just recently bought by General Dynamics (the same people that bought the XM8 rights from HK, IIRC). GD has been known for owning or purchasing companies that are making stuff for the gov't. From what I've heard, they also own a company that makes F16's for the Gov't.

Quoted:
I pray for the SCAR though. It will be the only non-AR .223 rifle configured rifle I will purchase!

You and me both

WIZZO
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:46:31 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
FN can't legally profit from info gleaned from the TDP per their gov't contract. Colt still "owns" the TDP as it's proprietary to them and they had the Gubment write that into the contract as it's not the gubment's info in the first place. THAT is why we haven't seen FN AR15's.

WIZZO

FNHusa is not selling their M16A2 to civies because they can't, "FN said no".  You are incorrect about Colt and military TDPs being the reason.  Just like Browning's 1911 patent, Colt varied it with series 70, 80, and 90s series patents to restrict it, but again - it is only good for 10 years.  The A2 situation has directly to deal with who controls plans and who wants to produce items.

It would be the same as the Olympic arms president stating to the rest of Olyarms, no more 20" guns because I said so.  There are 20 different companies in the US who are doing it (building 20" A2s) on their own.

As for the SCAR, I am with you on it X100!

Thanks
V
OUT
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:33:39 PM EDT
[#16]
The HK reps at the show were absolute pricks.  Didn't even bother looking at me when answering a few polite questions.  They seemed too busy talking amongst themselves to bother with customers.  

jeff  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:38:17 PM EDT
[#17]
I was in the same boat RE: HK booth dicks. I asked about the HK P3000 that was unveiled at the Paris Arms Show last month (supposedly their Glock Clone, a striker-fired safe-action autopistol) and the sour-faced rep gave me a "No Comment." His comment was "No Comment," Meaning that yes, HK is making a fucking Glock clone. Throw it on the pile with Springfield, Smith, Taurus, Kahr, Steyr and everybody else that's making their own Glock. Fan fucking tastic.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:14:13 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I was in the same boat RE: HK booth dicks. I asked about the HK P3000 that was unveiled at the Paris Arms Show last month (supposedly their Glock Clone, a striker-fired safe-action autopistol) and the sour-faced rep gave me a "No Comment." His comment was "No Comment," Meaning that yes, HK is making a fucking Glock clone. Throw it on the pile with Springfield, Smith, Taurus, Kahr, Steyr and everybody else that's making their own Glock. Fan fucking tastic.

+100!

It is sad that the civilian reps only care about "sure you can carry HK".  Go over to Davidson's and set up a purchase agreement.  Bring me back the 3rd copy and I'll give you this free polo shirt.........

That is why I shitcanned all my HK stuff except the flare gun and P7's!

V
OUT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top