Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2006 7:45:54 AM EDT
Are there any good campsites around here? I've done a couple internet searches and haven't realy come up with much. I don't really want to go out much past a 3hr drive for now and I'm locted in Clark County. Any and all recomendations would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:36:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:56:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm partial to Lincoln County out near Rachel (border of Area 51). I'm talking totally primitive camping on BLM land. Another place that looked fun to camp at was Delamar Ghost town, I've visited but never camped...it's pretty freaking errie out there. Both of the places I've mentioned are 2 hrs from Vegas. We should set up a camptrip in April or May for the members here.

I'm in....
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:01:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Delamar Ghost Town looks and sounds awesome! Never camped at a site like that.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:45:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Not sure what type of camping you do but these are places we have been overnight with gear & clubs.....

Worthington Mountain Range,Levithan.

Bullfrog Mountains.....Beatty.

Highland range.....Pioche.

Blue Nose Peak....Caliente.

Mormon Mountains....Hackberry Springs......Mesquite.

Lately we have been engulfed with trying to find Tail No# 928's crash site as there are camera's that have never been recovered.

And Mt Potosi is a good one if you want to stay really close and visit Carol lombard's crash site with some good mine exploring.

Also MT Charelston is a great place to camp.

We did'nt carry at Mt Charelston or Potosi,camping gear only.

Were good for a Delamar outing LMK.

HTH.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:11:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:42:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm down for a member's shoot and campout. I've been to a few of the ARFCOM camp/shoots up in WA. the last one I went to up there was big probably about 50 or so members.

Thanks for the recomended camp areas, I'm pretty much open to most options however my girlfriend is not she would like a bathroom/shower so I figure I will use these as trial runs while getting all my gear together.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:55:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Wolfpack,

After the boy's and I read his story it motivated us to try and put the puzzle together,no luck yet but we are logging some miles.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:00:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:01:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:21:36 AM EDT
[#10]
I hear that Valley of Fire State Park is pretty nice..they have showers, too.

I have never been there, though...someone tell me..when is a good time for a northerner to go tenting there? Obviously not in July
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:32:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Ed and I are in...............
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top