Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2006 11:53:21 AM EDT
I'm looking at having some work done on my 1992 Acura Legend.  I've got fading brakes, and need preventative maintenance done (the radiator flushed/filled, a tuneup, etc.).

So far I'm looking at Sansones Independent Honda & Acura Service in Henderson for this, if anyone has heard of this place.

Also, the paint is peeling on the top surfaces, so after I get the mechanical work done I'd like to get some minor body work done (bumpers, dent in left quarter panel, dent on front of hood grill) and then a repainting.

Any recommendations for this work in the Vegas area would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:57:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:00:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
For your paint and body work I used a guy who does it out of his garage. He did a perfect job on my Mustang, I'll post some pics once I upload them. His name is Mike Martinez and his number is 326-1822, he's up on Craig road but he works wonders and under charges for his work.

I'd love to see those pics; thanks! .... Chris
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:11:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:05:20 PM EDT
[#4]
no offense, but how many miles does your car have? What's the expected service life? Might want to get someone to give it a good check up to see if it's worth the $$ putting in? I know Honda makes a bulletproof car, but you never know.

The legend was a great car, a buddy of mine had a 93 6 spd manual coupe that was a blast to drive.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:22:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
no offense, but how many miles does your car have? What's the expected service life? Might want to get someone to give it a good check up to see if it's worth the $$ putting in? I know Honda makes a bulletproof car, but you never know.

The legend was a great car, a buddy of mine had a 93 6 spd manual coupe that was a blast to drive.  

I would rather dump a few grand into an older car than pay $500 every month for 5 friggin years.

Just my .02
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:26:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Absolutely NO offense taken!

It's a '92 with 132,000 miles on it, and mechanically it is great (other than the brakes).  

I've owned the car from '96, when it had 39,000 miles, and it was immaculate and I've kept up with the maintenance on it since then.

I'm driving it less than 10,000 a year living in Vegas, so I know I can get another 50,000/5 years out of it.

I agree with ANIMUS and would rather pay off my wife's ride (2003 Jeep Liberty) before possibly having to get another car loan.

Thanks for the replies!

Chris
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top