Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2005 9:37:59 AM EDT
I knew I should have become a lawyer instead of a FLEA........

http://www.fbi.gov/publications/leb/2005/nov05leb.pdf

www.fbi.gov/publications/leb/2005/nov05leb.pdf

Page 10 explains how flash lights may NEED to be included in your use of force/threat escalation response matrix.

After this Fucktard's view and our inability to control free thinking has created yet another mess for me and my subordinates (some assclown will read this, implement it into our SOP's and make my troops and my own life hell next time we use our Surefires) --- I think I'll terminate my subscription and push the Comm guys for a smartfilter block addendum at work.  

Frustrated we don't still use the basic JET (judgement, Education and Training) system anymore.....

I have to go -- mark all my flashlights preban....

V
OUT
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:00:22 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I knew I should have become a lawyer instead of a FLEA........

http://www.fbi.gov/publications/leb/2005/nov05leb.pdf

www.fbi.gov/publications/leb/2005/nov05leb.pdf

Page 10 explains how flash lights may NEED to be included in your use of force/threat escalation response matrix.

After this Fucktard's view and our inability to control free thinking has created yet another mess for me and my subordinates (some assclown will read this, implement it into our SOP's and make my troops and my own life hell next time we use our Surefires) --- I think I'll terminate my subscription and push the Comm guys for a smartfilter block addendum at work.  

Frustrated we don't still use the basic JET (judgement, Education and Training) system anymore.....

I have to go -- mark all my flishlights preban....

V
OUT

Once again a brain with NO street experience writes from the desk and prompts policy changes.

ETA: I'm taking all the bayonet lugs off of my Tac-Lights......
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:29:57 PM EDT
[#2]
That's why I carry a 26 inch stainless steel ASP instead of a 4 cell MagLite. It looks better in court and to the Monday morning quarterbacks to thump someone with a stick thats was desgined for thumping skulls than a flashlight.  Besides Variable, our bosses don't know shit about LE anyways. They spent too many years around nukes and flightlines to know any better. Our mission is slowing being pulled away from LE to a psuedo infantryman job. Also I think theyre too worried about late EPRs to worry about what's on Airman Snuffy's bat belt. 'nuff said.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:58:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I prefer a wall of lead to a wall of light.  Light can get you killed also if you have poor light discipline.

I am so glad I don't really care to go into civilian LE anymore with all the whining fucktards dictating policy to them.  I'll keep my NHP app on file just in case though.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:43:06 PM EDT
[#4]
The Paper presented for the community policing model,  is so full of problems and is totally unworkable as presented.  It makes far many assumptions than any police department is going to allow.

The Flash light paper announces to the lawyers that the flashilight may be an item to sue over.  Yes they can hurt the eyes, but so can the perp lights they have on the cars.  but t proclaimn that you need a policy to use a flashlight is purely assinine.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top