Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2005 6:33:58 PM EDT
The Bently family of companies is launching a new division dedicated to BioDiesel.

GunMonkey actually introduced me to this company before I moved out from Wisconsin.

They are holding an Open house in their Minden, NV office on January 7th to educate the public about this new and exciting venture.

www.bentlybiofuels.com/

I'll be going ........

(Thanks GunMonkey!)

Bently Biofuels - Biodiesel Production

Bently Biofuels is dedicated to the production of renewable fuels in order to preserve the environment and free our nation from the problems of imported energy.

Biodiesel, is safer to handle, less toxic, and has less impact on the environment than petroleum diesel. Biodiesel can be substituted for or blended with petroleum diesel in all diesel engines or even used as a substitute for heating oil. Little or no modification is needed to equipment or operations to take advantage of this clean, renewable fuel.

Come to Our Open House | 07 January 2006

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:52:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been looking at investing in biodiesel fuel for six months, from what I understand there is ALREADY a "gorilla of the valley" octopus operating in NV.....although I've forgotten given the time, it just may be the Bentley group.  This may be an opportunity worth the trip. Gotta find a map, now.........
(distribution is the key here)

just checked, 8 1/2 hr drive OR closest airport-Reno.......anyone else interested in the trip??
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:48:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Glad I could help!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:51:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey GunMonkey,

You don't happen to have a spare gallon of use vegetable oil that isn't already going to Bently, do you?

They're giving away BioDiesel T-Shirts in exchange for a gallon of vegetable oil on the day of the Open House. I know Hamdogs already sells their oil to Bently, but ..... is there a gallon to spare for me?

Are you thinking about going to the Open House??
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:07:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I actually have a prior commitment for January 7.

I'll see if I can save some fryer oil when they clean it out next time. They are gonna get that stuff one way or another.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:04:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I actually have a prior commitment for January 7.

I'll see if I can save some fryer oil when they clean it out next time. They are gonna get that stuff one way or another.

Awesome, thanks! I'll come in to Hamdogs and pick it up whenever you give me the signal.

Do you need me to give you a container for the oil?

Thanks!

~GryphonX
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 2:11:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Good for them.  Bio Diesel is the way to go.  I read some on the web about it and this makes more sense than most other environmental efforts.  The differnece is that this really provides an immediate service.  Read about Bio Willy.  This is a great start here.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:24:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Beretta Urika AL391

{ 12 Gauge Semi-Automatic Shotgun}
24" Barrel

Used firearm in EXCELLENT condition

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Condition of Shotgun: Used - In EXCELLENT Condition
Condition of Accessories: Shotgun, Barrel, and Choke Tubes in Great condition

I bought this shotgun so that my wife and I could shoot skeet together. Our priorities have changed to child-rearing (yay!), and we won't be shooting for the next couple of years. The gun is in GREAT shape, as you can see from the pictures. It has one small blemish on the left side of the receiver (I will add pictures to show this). It will come with all of the original packaging, and accessories. Please ask if you have any questions!

Description:
Beretta Urika AL391 Synthetic 12 Gauge

Made to endure the most severe weather conditions, the AL391 Synthetic has a newly designed stock and fore-end made of black fiberglass reinforced polymer. Special grey inserts are overmolded on the gripping areas of the stock and fore-end to ensure a secure grip in the wettest conditions, and to absorb recoil. This semiautomatic has a matte black finish on all surfaces to eliminate glare. Optima-Bore® barrel and Optimachoke® Plus tubes are supplied with every model. The receiver is machined for scope base mounting.

Style, Elegance, Handling

It is elegant yet efficient. Sleek yet strong. With slim, graceful lines that leave an indelible impression at first sight, created by the internationally renowned design studio, Giugiaro Design. It is the product of a commitment to craftmanship and manufacturing excellence that has inspired Beretta's endeavors for nearly 500 years. The new Beretta AL391 Urika, built to be the perfect hunter's companion, has no competition; it is unrivaled.

Rounded Receiver

The skillfully rounded receiver blends perfectly with the stock grip. Besides its link to tradition, it also permits instinctive, rapid target acquisition. The receiver was designed to enhance the overall slim profile of the shotgun. The top sighting surface features an anti-glare matte black finish that subtly contrasts with the polished finish sides.

Trigger Guard

The trigger guard, one of the most distinctive features of the Beretta semiautomatic shotgun, has a rounded shape that merges with the stock to ensure safe, fast access to the trigger itself. The enlarged opening allows the use of gloves.

Stock

The AL391 Urika’s select synthetic stock is carefully fitted to the receiver for seamless stock-to-metal fit, giving it an appearance comparable to the most prestigious shotguns. A lengthened, radiused pistol grip, ergonomic comb and finely engineered molding ensure comfort and security for all hand sizes, as well as correct finger position on the trigger. The shouldering, the velocity in aiming, the marksmanship and the control of the shotgun have been optimized. The waterproofed synthetic guarantees protection against harsh hunting conditions. A unique, simple system allows the length of the stock to be quickly adjusted using interchangeable recoil pads. Shooters can vary stock drop and cast to create a perfect match between gun and shooter. The spacers supplied with the gun can be used both for cast off and cast on.

Fore-end

The slim, fast-handling fore-end is ergonomically perfect and beautifully styled to blend with the receiver, curving into the shape of the locking cap. The AL391 Urika's finely engineered molding and new fluting afford easy pointing and a firm grip for all hand sizes.

Gas Valve Flange

The new fore-end gas valve directs the gas exhaust down and away from the shooter’s hand, while an internal protective sleeve insulates the synthetic from direct contact.

Reliability, Versatility, Performance

Distilling almost 500 years of firearms heritage into one extraordinary shotgun, Beretta has invested the AL391 Urika with superior design, operation, versatility and handling for consistent performance shot after shot. In short, the AL391 Urika is how other semi-automatic shotguns will be measured.

Cold Hammer-forged Barrel

In keeping with the Beretta tradition, the barrel is manufactured using the advanced cold hammer forging process and high strength Nickel-Chromium-Molybdenum steel. Beretta's technological superiority and craftsmanship guarantee the precise concentricity of every barrel and uniform wall thickness, allowing the barrels to be remarkably light and strong. The exclusive hard-chromed bore ensures truer, more consistent shot patterns and resists pitting and corrosion.

Lightweight Receiver

The slim receiver is formed from a high-strength alloy that is as strong as steel but 65% lighter. All surfaces are black anodized for corrosion and wear resistance.

Trigger Plate

Constructed from fiberglass-reinforced techno-polymer, the trigger plate offers many advantages: self-lubrication to reduce maintenance; vibration absorption; dimensional stability ensuring consistent mating with the receiver; light weight; thermal stability for improved “feel” in cold weather; excellent color retention on a part typically subject to wear and abuse.

Self-compensating Gas Valve

The innovative design of the AL391 Urika gas-compensating valve has taken the operating limits of the gas-operated shotgun to new levels. This "all load" capability allows for flawless functioning with all types of ammunition, from the weakest 7/8 oz. (24 g) load to the heaviest 2 oz. (57g). With a minimum barrel length of 28" (71 cm) even subsonic load functioning is assured. The unique system vents excess gases to eliminate stress on the operating system and component parts when using heavy loads, extending the life of the shotgun. The new valve and spring assembly remains attached to the barrel, ensuring easy assembly and disassembly and reducing maintenance. The reduced dimensions of the entire mechanism contribute to the slim, elegant fore-end shape.

Recoil Absorber (12 gauge feature only!)

The exclusive recoil absorber, located at the rear of the receiver, reduces the stress caused by the bolt/receiver's impact and simultaneously reduces the vibrations transmitted to the shooter. This also contributes to the shotgun's reliability and durability.

This Beretta Urika 391 Shotgun Comes With The Following Accessories!:

• Beretta compact carrying case!

•    -Remove the Barrel, and stow the gun in this compact yet versatile, thermally-molded hard-plastic Beretta carrying case!
  • 3 + 1 Magazine tube Capacity

•    -With magazine plug to limit capacity to 2 Rounds for Hunting!
  • Orignal Factory Manuals

• 6 Choke Tubes!

•    -Skeet Choke
       -Cylinder Choke
       -Improved Cylinder Choke
       -Modified Choke
       -Improved Modified Choke
       -Full Choke
  • Choke Tube wrench

• Stock Drop and Stock Spacers (For small adjustments to the length of pull)

• Sling Swivels

• Beretta Gun Oil

Features:

• 24" Vent-rib barrel

• MobilChoke Tube system

• Synthetic Black stock with gray highlights

• Blued-Black barrel finish

Beretta Urika 391 Specifications:

• Item #: Beretta Urika AL391 Semi-Auto 12 Ga. Shotgun

• Manufacturer: Beretta USA, Corp.

• Model #: AL391 Autoloading Shotgun

• Operation: Semi-Automatic, gas-operation with exhaust valve

• Caliber: 12 Gauge

• Barrel Chamber: 2 & 3/4 " and 3 "

• Barrel Length: 24 "

• Barrel Alloy: Ni, Cr, Mo steel, inside chromium-plated

• Barrel Finish: Blued

• Barrel Choke: Mobil Optima Choke Tube System

• 6 choke tubes come with this gun!
  • Front Sight: Metal Bead

• Rib: Ventilated

• Length of Pull: 14 & 3/4 "  (Adjustable!)

• Capacity: 3 + 1 (or plugged to 2 + 1)

• Safety: Cross Bolt, reversible for left-handed shooters

• Stock / Grip: Black Synthetic with Gray Highlights

• Locking System: Falling block

• Receiver: Light alloy receiver

• Weight (approx.): 7 & 1/2 lbs.

• Case : Thermally molded, Original Beretta hard-case

• --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sale specifications:

• Sorry, I am not accepting trades.

• Sales out of Nevada transferred to FFL's only. Not for sale where prohibited. Check you local laws before bidding!

• Payment methods: Money Order, Certified Check. Personal Checks are held for 10 days prior to shipping. If you would like to pay via credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover), I recommend going to Western Union (http://www.westernunion.com) to purchase a money order.

• Shipping & Handling:
         Long Guns: I want to minimize your shipping costs, so please contact with me with your zipcode for an exact quote. Long Guns can be shipped via US Postal Service, which is approximately $20.00 via USPS Priority Mail.  
     Alaska & Hawaii Call for Shipping.

• FFL and Payment must be received within 10 days of auction closing.

• Items will ship within 2 business days of receipt of payment and FFL confirmation (Unless payment is made via personal check - see above).

• --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

** Important! **

Please contact me ASAP for my address. I require you to Send Payment and FFL along with Name, AR15.com ID, Address, Phone Number to me directly.

Thank you for your interest! Contact me with any questions.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:51:02 AM EDT
    [#8]

Woulda, Coulda, maybe even Shoulda; but I ain't gonna....
    Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
    Top Top