Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/10/2005 3:48:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 8:14:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Wolfpack:

I can't say for sure on the security bullshit, but I hear the food is only OK.  

If you want a great meal - go to Drai's!   I take guests there regularly, everyone enjoys it - and there is no "shakedown" at the door.

Now, for my strat story...  My younger brother and his wife took us there for dinner recently.  The shakedown "caught" his deadly spyderco - which he surrendered in the interests of decoum.  They issued him a claimcheck (better than just tossing all of us out) and we carried on with dinner.  

Upon returning downstairs, my brother went to recover his property.  After the security doofus returned his spyderco, he slipped the wicked looking steak knife from the dinner table out of his coatsleeve - and told the guard he could have his knife back now too.

Needless to say, the guard was upset.  Jimmy's answer was "good thing I was not hijacking a resturant to Cuba eh?"  

The guard sputtered as we walked away, but no action was taken.

Lem

Link Posted: 12/10/2005 8:19:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 8:30:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Wolfpack:

Well, obviously there is no view from the basement - but the atmosphere and service are great.  

There is always the VooDoo Lounge for a view, but I have not been there post-9/11... they may have stupid-curity now too.

Lem

Link Posted: 12/10/2005 8:38:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 8:55:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Wolfpack tell us how it goes.  My wife would love it if I took her there.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 6:11:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Was there once less than a year when they opened.

Food was OK, but not worth the price.

Close enough to French food compared to Hofbrau House to REAL German food.

Hope this helps...

V
OUT
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 7:23:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Was there once less than a year when they opened.

Food was OK, but not worth the price.

Close enough to French food compared to Hofbrau House to REAL German food.

Hope this helps...

V
OUT

+2 with V................but just my opinion.  Mayube the view is worth more than the food.  Bring RUSH home a bag.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:27:52 AM EDT
[#8]
My girlfriend and I went up to the observation deck at Paris a month ago.There were no security checkpoints, just a security guard at the top answering questions.The view of the strip and the fountains at Bellagio is phenomenal.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 12:30:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Wolfpack:

Ah, you left out the Jailbait angle.  That does limit your choices some.

If you want to go the whole nine yards, get a suite on one of the upper floors at the Mandalay Bay, and have them serve dinner in the suite.  The view is great, and you can really relax.

Lem

Link Posted: 12/11/2005 4:48:04 PM EDT
[#10]
WP call the restraunts and ask them,  many times they can get in they just don't get to drink.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 4:56:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 3:51:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I was there once. The food was horrible (I do believe they fed us some variety of deep-fried and sauce-slathered alley cat) and the service was rude. The bill was outrageous and I vowed that I'd never return.

In short, it was just like my trip to Real France!
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 3:58:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 6:35:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:31:46 PM EDT
[#15]
I work at the Voodoo Cafe', which is the restaurant part of the Voodoo Lounge. 1st the food is fantastic, albeit a little pricey. The view is one of the best in the city. There is no pat down or security check. All ages are welcome in the restaurant, there is no children's menu per se, but we do have chicken strips and fries for kids. I hope that helps the rest of you. Oh one more thing after 8pm there is a cover charge, which is refunded with the purchase of any entree, or you can make reservations in advance and forgo the cover(reservations are always recommended).
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:33:52 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
The years and years of hard LSD, crack and ICE use may have affected your taste buds. I haven't found one bad review of the food from there yet.

These are jokes, son. You can laugh at any time.

Any moment now.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:00:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:33:12 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I work at the Voodoo Cafe', which is the restaurant part of the Voodoo Lounge. 1st the food is fantastic, albeit a little pricey. The view is one of the best in the city. There is no pat down or security check. All ages are welcome in the restaurant, there is no children's menu per se, but we do have chicken strips and fries for kids. I hope that helps the rest of you. Oh one more thing after 8pm there is a cover charge, which is refunded with the purchase of any entree, or you can make reservations in advance and forgo the cover(reservations are always recommended).

I will have to agree with him. We just had a Christmas party there last Saturday night and it was NICE!

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:26:10 PM EDT
[#19]
sorry I don't make it to this site often enough
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:49:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top