Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2005 12:06:08 PM EDT
Just type in your plate number and your last name and it will tell you how much your rebate check will be.
Nevada DMV Rebate Payment Information

*************************************************************************************************

Also, Seniors who do not drive are entitled to a $75.00 rebate.

I am 65 or older with no vehicle and a Nevada ID card.
Those who were at least 65 years of age on or before Jan. 1, 2005, held a valid identification card issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles on or before that date and continue to hold such valid identification card are entitled to a rebate of $75.

Your check should have been mailed October 5th at the same time as the vehicle rebate checks. Use our Online Search to verify whether a check was mailed and then e-mail or call.
Back to Contacts & FAQs

I am 65 or older with no vehicle and a Nevada Driver's License.
You are entitled to a $75 rebate if you held a driver's license, had no vehicle registered to you in 2004 and you continue to hold the valid license. However, your check has not been mailed yet. You are in a group that was not included in the original rebate plan. We are working diligently to identify all of the Nevadans in this category.

Current plans call for these checks to be mailed in December.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 1:12:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:34:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
$275 for me. I don't know my wife's plate but that is also registered to me so I don't know if I'll be getting another $275 or if it's only one per person no matter how many cars you have registered.

I am pretty sure you will be getting 2 checks  
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:19:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
$275 for me. I don't know my wife's plate but that is also registered to me so I don't know if I'll be getting another $275 or if it's only one per person no matter how many cars you have registered.

I am pretty sure you will be getting 2 checks  

Yup, I am getting $263 for my newer pickup, and $75 for my 1952 Dodge
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:26:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the link! Hubby and I get three $75 checks, lol.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:55:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Seriously,
I'm not 65, I have a valid Nevada Drivers licence, but I have a company car with ALL operating expences paid for by the company. How big is my check?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:22:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Seriously,
I'm not 65, I have a valid Nevada Drivers licence, but I have a company car with ALL operating expences paid for by the company. How big is my check?

The car is registered to your employer, you say? You get $0
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:42:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine says the check was issued 9/28/05.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:01:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:53:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Seriously,

The way I see it..... ZEERO.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:27:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Getting $350 back for two vehicles on the same plate.  I traded one car in last October, and changed the plate over.  Works for me!!  Add to that a $165 milage check I should be getting, and either a new gun or spotting scope should be in my near future!!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 12:24:44 AM EDT
[#11]
ka-CHING!!!!

Couldn't have come at a better time, 4 vehicles getting checks
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:41:16 AM EDT
[#12]
According to the news, the checks should be in your mail boxes on Saturday.  Which of course means we will not see them until maybe Tuesday.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:20:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Hey thanks Joe.................how about my motorcycles??  I found my 2 trucks. $229 & $75.  I see ammo in the near furture,  lots of 223 ammo.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 7:50:24 PM EDT
[#14]
STATE OF NEVADA  
  State of Nevada                                                   0.1700  
   State Indigent Trust                                             0.0150  
 Subtotal                                                                0.1850

DISTRICT 470 PARADISE TOWN  
 State, County and School                                      2.1309  
 Paradise Town                                                      0.2064  
 Clark County Fire Service District                           0.2197  
 Las Vegas/Clark County Library District                   0.0743  
 Las Vegas/Clark County Library District Debt           0.0123  
 Las Vegas Artesian Basin                                       0.0013  
 LVMPD Emergency 9-1-1                                        0.0050  
 LVMPD Manpower Supplement - County                   0.2800  
 Total                                                                      2.9299
                                                 Grand total             3.1149% of assessed valuation

How Are Property Taxes Calculated?

To calculate the tax on your home, let's assume you have a home with a taxable value of $100,000, located in the City of Las Vegas. The tax rate for 2004-05 in the City is $3.3002 per hundred of assessed value. To determine the assessed value, multiply the taxable value of the home ($100,000) by the assessment ratio (35%):

$100,000 X .35 = $35,000 assessed value

To calculate the tax, multiply the assessed value by the tax rate ($3.3002 per hundred dollars of assessed value).

$35,000 (assessed value) x .033002 (tax rate) = $1,151 taxes for the 2004-05 fiscal year.

Now lets see.

Why am I paying an "indigent tax", someone help me out here when did we vote that in.  Last I heard it was voted down.

Now I am glad to begetting a refund.

Just remember they did not cut the tax rates back, instead they RAISED taxrates.  

Now if I take 2000.00 from you by force and then gave you a rebate of $275 are you goin go to be happy about it.

WE need to throw the BUMS OUT!!!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:46:22 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Seriously,

The car is registered to your employer, you say? You get $0

You might have to pay them $75.00
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:38:00 AM EDT
[#16]
I smell AMMO!!!!!......and a Big Mac for the wife and kids, ( Of course they get their cut).
"G"
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:03:47 PM EDT
[#17]
E22,Roger that! Ammo that is
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:15:28 PM EDT
[#18]

.....local mail carrier says "tv don't deliver the mail, may not see it 'til next week"......according to his local supervisor. Oh, well; at least it's coming.......
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:42:39 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm a gonna use parts of ma check ta buy Beckett some new pieces parts for his rifle!

Then, I'm a gonna take da rest of da munny an visit Beckett and sum of da Northern Nevada boys for some shootin' and drinkin'!!!!! YEEEE HAWWWW!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:57:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Yeah, I knew I was getting boned on a refund check, but isn't most of this "excess" money coming from property taxes? If that's the case, then apartment dwellers are receiving a refund on my back. I'm calling BS on the distribution method!
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:13:00 AM EDT
[#21]
is anybody else against the checks?

I saw on the news that CCSD is asking people to donate their checks to the Schools to buy supplies.

WTF? Does anybody else remember when school almost didnt start because our useless state senate couldnt pull their heads out of thier asses to get the budget finished? Or how about the fact that we didnt have enough money and had to make massive cuts to function?

why would Guinn just give good money back? Why not give the money to the areas that need it the most?

I'll get off my soapbox now...
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 9:25:44 AM EDT
[#22]
You make a good point about putting the money where it belongs!!  I had the same questions when I first heard of the rebate.   Only days before, I called the Ely NDOW office, and there was no secretary because of budget cuts!!  Then the news of the rebate came out, so I emailed the state assemblyman for my area to pitch a bitch about it.  Don't recall ever getting a response back.  So, I say screw it, I'll take the money then.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 10:31:52 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
is anybody else against the checks?

I saw on the news that CCSD is asking people to donate their checks to the Schools to buy supplies.

WTF? Does anybody else remember when school almost didnt start because our useless state senate couldnt pull their heads out of thier asses to get the budget finished? Or how about the fact that we didnt have enough money and had to make massive cuts to function?

why would Guinn just give good money back? Why not give the money to the areas that need it the most?

I'll get off my soapbox now...

The liberals (Kinky, umm Kenny Guinn and his crew) think that the rest of Nevada are liberals like them.....

Guinn passed the LARGEST tax increase in Nevada history, and he thought we would warm-up to the fact of getting a small slice of our own money back.

This liberal Fuck must truly believe that 90% of Nevada rides the small, yellow school bus.

I have lived in this great state for nearly 30 years and I am FED UP with how Nevada has been kidnapped, battered and raped.

We joke about how good things are..... but we must ALL look at who is taking over....

The South has already been infiltrated by liberalism and culture..... and it is just a matter of time before our last bastian of Freedom - the Virgin North falls victim to the same shit.

I say put all the bullshit down, and bond the parallels between the North and South and all band together.

God save Nevada.

Joe
OUT

PS: I am actually starting to like Beckett (as Friggin' insane as he is).
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 12:52:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 1:16:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Well, both of my checks are now in my hot little hands
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:30:05 PM EDT
[#26]
dagnabit's went to the Carson City and checked the PO man box and zippo dropped a cylinder on ma' VW Bus on the way back....silently slugged in Nut's...course I deserve it,Geesh
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 5:19:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Should be on its way. Got both of mine today. Already spent them on the tracer and tannerite thoughh=85%

Quoted:
Well fuck me, I've got 2 vehicles that are 35k+ and got back $275. Either it will come next week or it is one check per person and not per vehicle.

Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:41:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Mine has arrived.....

Thank you Kinky - um, I mean Kenny.....
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:46:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Got both of mine today.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:09:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Got our 3 today...went out and bought an Aimpoint M3 from BRA
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:40:10 PM EDT
[#31]
I got my 2 checks today totaling $350.  Will be paying off my landlord what I owe him for the pick-up I am buying
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 10:01:42 PM EDT
[#32]
My 3 motorcycles got refunds also................No Wolfpack, I got 5 checks.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:53:52 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Mine says the check was issued 9/28/05.

Same here, see you at Cheetah's in a few days?

Bob, your undying loyalty to drive the local economy is to be commended.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:14:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 3:02:10 AM EDT
[#35]
$275 for my truck and $150 for the explorer.  Just in time to send back for the truck's registration.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 6:25:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Bronco Glenn..............you're in the army right??  Please email me or answer here.  Is there anything my son should know before walking into that recruiter.  Thanks Terry.  PS He wants to join your Total Karnage one day.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:55:25 AM EDT
[#37]
I hope you guys aren't forgetting these "rebate" checks really have nothing to do with how much you paid for your vehicle registration. The surplus money that provided the state with these funds came from last year's tax increase on property and payroll taxes, NOT any change to vehicle registration costs.

If you own your own home, you just got back the property tax increase the state didn't need. It was YOUR money to begin with! If you own a business, you paid more per employee than the state needed to conduct it's business. Yep, you got hosed! Better to have given your each of your employees a couple of hundred dollars as a bonus for actually doing what they should already be doing anyway... working.

How about we just roll back those unneeded taxes? Ain't 'gonna happen is it? Think you'll get a rebate again next year?
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 8:42:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Terry, PM sent
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 12:10:59 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I hope you guys aren't forgetting these "rebate" checks really have nothing to do with how much you paid for your vehicle registration. The surplus money that provided the state with these funds came from last year's tax increase on property and payroll taxes, NOT any change to vehicle registration costs.

If you own your own home, you just got back the property tax increase the state didn't need. It was YOUR money to begin with! If you own a business, you paid more per employee than the state needed to conduct it's business. Yep, you got hosed! Better to have given your each of your employees a couple of hundred dollars as a bonus for actually doing what they should already be doing anyway... working.

How about we just roll back those unneeded taxes? Ain't 'gonna happen is it? Think you'll get a rebate again next year?

Absolutely not....

The rebate was designed to bamboozle the unknowing, appease the moderates, and insult those who know better (me).

Kinky (ahem) I mean Kenny Guinn and his group of liberal nannies in Carson City, are nothing more than drunken, tax and spend sailors. In this case they got caught with too much money in their "cookie jar" and not enough bullshit to spend it on.

Why didn't they take a portion of the tax surplus and grant it to Metro to hire more officers? No, instead they gave us back our own money as a diversion, and now Clark County residents are getting screwed, because the tax increase that was approved by the voters in Clark County is being tapped by Metro for pay raises. If that happens, our tax increase will not pay for the originally intended 200 more officers over five years, it will only pay for 140, and we will still be paying the 1/4% tax increase that the voters of Clark County NARROWLY approved.

Nice, real Friggin' nice.

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 7:07:02 AM EDT
[#40]
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this problem. I've never heard anybody badmouth Guinn.

Schools are begging, BEGGING, for money that the state wont give them. bullshit if you ask me.

also, Billy Young pissed me right off with his proposed "misuse" of the tax dollars. It was intended for NEW cops, not more money for current ones.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 9:47:44 AM EDT
[#41]
It is important to remember that this rebate is not a result of the benevolence of the state.

They took too much money for car registraton, they should give it back.

Just because the state took more than its due does not mean it has the right to apply to whatever worthless social programs they dream up.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 12:05:44 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

My property tax went up about $30/year...I don't pay any payroll tax to NV...I got back $338 in rebates based on the amount I paid for vehicle registration last year...I don't know what the hell you're talking about
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 1:04:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:10:35 PM EDT
[#44]
We received two checks today for a total of $525.00.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:23:07 PM EDT
[#45]
You mean the school district didnt need that vacant marble cathedral on Sahara?  How can that be?  I think 5.8 mil (or what ever they spent) on a location to house future aids and filing staff was REAL smart thinking ....nothing like planning ahead.

"G"
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:22:58 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
My property tax went up about $30/year...I don't pay any payroll tax to NV...I got back $338 in rebates based on the amount I paid for vehicle registration last year...I don't know what the hell you're talking about

OK, here's what the Hell I'm talking about...
Governor Guinn and the 2005 Nevada Legislature (Assembly Bill 572) authorized a rebate of $300 million in surplus state tax revenue. It is excess dollars resulting from a more robust economy than was predicted, not a tax increase. (yeah right)

This is not a rebate of DMV fees. Because Nevada does not have a state income tax, the DMV’s database is the only database available that contains most adults in Nevada. The DMV’s database is being used to identify Nevadans.

The amount those Nevadans paid the DMV in 2004 in Highway Fund registration fees and Governmental Services Tax is the amount that will be rebated from the General Fund, with a minimum of $75 and a maximum of $275.

Close to 1.9 million checks totaling nearly $272 million are being sent to Nevadans.

No checks can be issued after February 28, 2006. Any request should be postmarked no later than February 1, 2006. The law states the rebate program must end 180 days after the checks were issued. You must resolve any issues and cash your checks within this time frame.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top