Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2005 3:32:15 PM EDT
Had this email on my computer when I arrived at work this morning.

I XXX'd out the name for privacy info:

"Recently Marines in Iraq wrote to Starbucks because they wanted
to let them know how much they liked their coffees and to request that
they send some of it to the troops there."

Starbucks replied, telling the Marines thank you for their support
in their business, but that Starbucks does not support the war, nor
anyone in it , and that they would not send the troops their brand of coffee

So as not to offend Starbucks, we should not support them by
buying any of their products. As a war vet writing to fellow patriots, I feel  
we should get this out in the open. I know this war might not be very
popular with some folks, but that doesn't mean we don't support the boys on the
ground fighting street-to-street and house-to-house for what they and I
believe is right.

If you feel the same as I do! then pass this along, or you can
discard it and no one will ever know. Thanks very much for your support of
me, and I know you'll all be there again when I deploy once more.

Semper Fidelis. Sgt HXXXXX X. WXXXXX 1st Force Recon Co 1st Plt

Bastards..........are a No-go with me!

V
OUT

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:52:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:11:19 PM EDT
[#2]
So that e-mail I received from Nigeria offering me $3,000,000 isn't true either??

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:09:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
So that e-mail I received from Nigeria offering me $3,000,000 isn't true either??

No, that one IS true.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:34:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

yeah... and the email from that nice nigerian fellow that knew my "uncle" that had a bunch of money in nigeria and died...

well, the nice fellow offered to split my "uncle's" assets before the government took the money.  man, i sure missed out on an easy $500K.  i'm soooooooo stupid.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:23:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I got several of those emails, but i am proud to say that i actually received a PRINTED letter in the mail as well. It MUST be true if they were willing to spring for the postage!

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:45:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I got several of those emails, but i am proud to say that i actually received a PRINTED letter in the mail as well. It MUST be true if they were willing to spring for the postage!

just to take it a step further, the guy even called!!!  i gave him my work # and he said, "well, i'll need your bank account info to transfer the money to."  LOL  these guys are too much
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:37:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:51:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Internet hoax or not, Starbucks is not your friend. They posted "No firearms" signs at the retail outlet in Gardnerville when they realized that open carry was legal . (No, it wasn't me!)
However, if hanging out with the alternative lifestyle and Birkenstocks crowd is your cup of  elitist brew, enjoy!
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:52:17 PM EDT
[#9]
http://www.starbucks.com/default.asp?cookie%5Ftest=1

Carl (assumed customer service rep.) stated this has been an ongoing item that cannot be confirmed nor denied.

But he stated: "Yes and No. We do/would not acquire/state any opinion that Starbucks, as a company, will or would hold/s about the pro or anti war feeling America has, would make a difference about my question".

My question; "Does Starbucks support our troops"? Signed MSXX  RXXXXXXX X. CXXXXXXX. (ME)

Sounds like SHIT to me.... Poor grammar when home intoxicated yea, at work NO.

V
OUT
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:58:15 PM EDT
[#10]
There is no way a company like Starbucks would have such bad PR, even if that is the way the CEOs felt.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:53:07 AM EDT
[#11]
I don't "do starbucks" , The reasons anre many and varied, mainly i won't spend $4.00+ for coffee and attidute.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 3:50:14 PM EDT
[#12]
It's a funny addiction.  I go to meet clients and prospects there.  There is always a line of people waiting to get their fix.  Here's  Foamy the Squirel's opinion:

Coffeehouse Propaganda

Small Medium or Large?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top