Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2005 6:47:54 PM EDT
Did anyone catch the news this morning about the home invasion in Henderson (College Dr. and Horizon)?  I got very little information, but it seems 2 or 3 were trying to break into this guys sliding doors and he shot two of them.  Police then put out an apb for hospitals to look out for two with gsw's and surprise, surprise, two showed up at valley view and were arrested.  They think a third got away.

Did anyone get more information?  Time, what kind of gun used, extend of the gsw's?  We live not too far from there.

I'm glad he nailed two of them.  Sadly, it'll be a deterrent only for those two, maybe.

[edit: title sp ]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:12:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I caught something about it this morning on the radio.  All they said though was that it was declared a justified shooting.  If they got to the hospital I would guess that they didn't get hammered with a 12 GA.  And that my friends, is a shame...
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:47:56 PM EDT
[#2]
They interviewed the homeowner on channel 13, you can probably catch it again tonight. He said he shot 2 of the burglars 2 times each with a 9mm.

Link to the story on KTNV
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:35:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Bravo!  Two off the street...  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:57:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Kudos to the homeowner.

Two out of three ain't bad
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:34:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Glad to hear they got a nice surprise...serves them right.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 12:00:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Called the rj city desk and the guy there said this morning's paper (Wednesday 9/21) would have an article.

Eta:  I was googl'ng henderson home invasion and came upon these two articles.  Very interesting read.

ZIP code list

Middle-class areas are left virtually unscathed by home invasion robberies, as criminals strike the valley's poorest neighborhoods with increasing frequency
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:01:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:12:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks like a +1 for that guy!  It doesn't seem like his neighbors are from CA, since they called him a "hero."  
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:35:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top