Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2005 8:39:50 PM EDT
dishcharge weapons in Clark County.
In other words he told me that I've been breaking the law when I go shooting.
Then said  that was the reason he goes to Sloan.... Which I thought was in Clark county

Any official documents I can print out and throw in his face tomorrow?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:57:50 PM EDT
[#1]
BLM baby.....BLM.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:20:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Not all of Clark Co. is off limits.  Bills Buy and sell has a map of the no shoot areas.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:44:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Sparky,

There is an actual map that sets the boundaries for permissible outdoor shooting in Clark County. I believe that Master Shooter's Supply on West Sahara gives them away free of charge. Or, perhaps if someone on the board has one they can scan it and post it in the thread.

MASTER SHOOTER'S SUPPLY
Floyd Coons, Owner/Operator
4017 W. Sahara Avenue
Las Vegas, Nevada 89102
Phone: (702) 871-8511

Just a suggestion when shooting in the desert in Clark County: If you have handguns with you make sure they are all registered and you actually HAVE the Blue Card(s) in your possession. A friend of mine had a gun confiscated by NHP a few years ago while he was out shooting in Sloan because he couldn't find his Blue Card. Although he honestly lost the card, it didn't carry any weight with the Trooper and he still impounded the gun anyway.

It took about three weeks and almost an act of Congress to get the gun back, because Metro will not issue a duplicate Blue Card without physically seeing the handgun, and NHP will not release the gun without a Blue Card. According to my friend Metro was great and they tried everything they could to be of assistance. It was NHP that gave him the hard time.

Eventually, a Sergeant or a Lieutenant at Metro sent a letter to NHP and that took care of it and he finally got the gun back. I would hate to have a brand new, high quality, high dollar gun taken away just for the Blue Card issue.

Hope this helps.

Be Safe.

Joe
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:30:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Not all of Clark Co. is off limits.  Bills Buy and sell has a map of the no shoot areas.

a map is also at the Department of Wildlife at decatur and vegas drive

ETA: Here it is in PDF format
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top