Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2005 10:24:31 AM EDT
I want to find someone good to do some work on my Springfield 1911.  Any ideas ? Also, can he refinish it in something like Wilson Combat's Armor Coat ?  Thanks!!!  
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 2:05:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 2:59:48 PM EDT
[#2]
or Chris Eiffelt at CCS

where's my "eye-roll" smiley when I need it?!?!?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:05:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:29:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I also need some work done on some 1911s, but I'm not sure if the "eyeroll" comment is supposed to mean that Chris Eiffelt at CCS is good or that you were being sarcastic, and that he's not good?

Could you please clarify? :)
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:36:47 PM EDT
[#5]
My last contact with Dennis was that he was not doing any local buisness at this time, busy with some sort of contract work.Also looks like he's closed his shop on highland drive.
He did recomend the smith at Bass Pro as one of the guys that was schooled by him.I had Chris at CCS do a barrel change on an M1A along with some other work and he did a fine job for me.
FWIW.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:05:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I want to find someone good to do some work on my Springfield 1911.  Any ideas ? Also, can he refinish it in something like Wilson Combat's Armor Coat ?  Thanks!!!  

There used to be a guy named Bert. I think his garage operation was called "Bert's Gun Works." I have heard is that he is the man for 1911's. I saw him last year walking around at a local show, but I don't hear much about him anymore.

He never did any work for me personally, but in years past I did see some of his work, and I thought it was top notch.

The only negative thing that I ever heard about Bert was that if you give him your gun you might not see it for a while. I guess that's not a bad thing as long as the gun is not a primary carry gun.

Just my two pennies.

Hope this helps.

Be Safe.

Joe
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:55:07 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I also need some work done on some 1911s, but I'm not sure if the "eyeroll" comment is supposed to mean that Chris Eiffelt at CCS is good or that you were being sarcastic, and that he's not good?

Could you please clarify? :)

Chris is good, if he ever gets around to doing the work. I've heard stories of people waiting several months to have work done, only to take the gun back and go to somebody else.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:31:06 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't know of any 1911 smiths in Vegas. There was one smith that carried a 1911 that he personally worked on. YOu could slide a business card beneath the rear Novak sight and the frame. I sent mine to Don Williams in Chino, AZ.

www.theactionworks.com
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:46:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Porch,

Try Mike at All Weapons Plus.

ALL WEAPONS PLUS
Mike Johnson, Owner/Operator/Gunsmith
1904 N. Decatur Blvd.
Las Vegas, Nevada
(702) 647-4867

Be Safe.

Joe
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:44:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I had some work done to my AR15 at CCS (permanently attach a flash suppressor), and it did take a very long time (5 weeks). Had to keep checking on the rifle, they seemed to forget about it now and again. Very busy shop. The work was satisfactory, though. They seem knowledgeable about 1911's from what I can tell.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:42:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Terry Tussey worked on my Buddies 1911.....very nice Pistola sure I know it is'nt Veagas but check out his website at least,no link but www.tusseycustom.com is worth a look.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:34:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
or Chris Eiffelt at CCS

Whats with the eye roll for CCS? The reason why I ask is I'm about to do a transaction with them...
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:09:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Terry Tussey worked on my Buddies 1911.....very nice Pistola sure I know it is'nt Veagas but check out his website at least,no link but www.tusseycustom.com is worth a look.

Tussey's work is outstanding, judging by the numerous articles in the mags and seeing his stuff at shows. I bet his wait is looooong though!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:25:38 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
or Chris Eiffelt at CCS

Whats with the eye roll for CCS? The reason why I ask is I'm about to do a transaction with them...

see my above post
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:39:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tussey's work is outstanding, judging by the numerous articles in the mags and seeing his stuff at shows. I bet his wait is looooong though!

something like 6 weeks turnaround I believe Very nice work though, Tussey's site says 6-8 months.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:57:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

something like 6 weeks turnaround I believe Very nice work though, Tussey's site says 6-8 months.

Terry's done two of my 1911s, and two for two of my buddies.  He used to be in Santa Ana, CA.  Top notch work, reasonable prices.  I prefer his work as he does everything himself, unlike Kings Gun Works or Packmeyer (sic).  But 6-8 months? It used to be 4 to 6 weeks depending on the work you wanted done, he's spending way too much time at the cathouse down the road from his shop!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:33:56 PM EDT
[#17]
don WIlliams took about that long on mine; he did front strap checkering, installed Heinies, serrated the slide, and blended the SA magwell.  Refinishing in Black T took a few weeks of that time.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:28:49 PM EDT
[#18]
I have to submit the '6 to 8 month' statement was taken from one of the articles on his website and believe it was purely jest...just CMA

origbadbob,what agreat area to set up shop though
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top