Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2005 7:50:08 AM EDT
so how did you clowns do hunting these little dive bombing basterds. We got 4 limits, with countless blackbirds,starlings and a few crows losing there lifes as well.  Good times had by all i hope.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:00:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I was at work beating my head into my desk.  

//NapoleanDynomite// LUCKY!//NapoleanDynomite//
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:38:25 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
so how did you clowns do hunting these little dive bombing basterds. We got 4 limits, with countless blackbirds,starlings and a few crows losing there lifes as well.  Good times had by all i hope.

Don't kill Ravens in Nevada. NDOW

Protected Non-Game Birds:

Non-game birds, such as shore birds, song birds, hawks, ravens, owls, etc., are protected by state and federal law, and as such must not be hunted, killed or possessed.

Be Safe.

Joe
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:34:58 AM EDT
[#3]
There is a difference between ravens and crows, both look loke big black birds to me so I dont draw down on any of 'em.

Havent gone dove hunting yet as I was up in Eureka on an antelpe hunt, ....but soon, very soon!
"G"
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:09:13 PM EDT
[#4]
i kill all the big black basterds. game wardens gave me the green light a few years ago so they all die now.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:07:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I only got 3 opening evening.  Didn't shoot anything else.  I usually don't shoot any songbirds at all.  Didn't get a chance to shoot any crows.  Ravens are typically bigger than crows, and the tails are different.  I can't remember which is pointed and which is rounded, its in the regs though.  Also, ravens are more solitary, and crows are usually in groups of 3-5 or so.  

E22CAPT - how was your antelope hunt?  I live here in Eureka.  Two people I know got ones around here, and another friend in Elko got his up there.  I know of a 15 1/2" buck and a 16 1/8" buck that were killed.  One of those came from one of the people I knew.  The other was from another local.  The person I work with and my friend up in Elko both got like 12" bucks.  Not too bad.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:50:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Saw alot of animals ranging from 15-16 inches, spent much of the time in Antelope valley and over by Green springs.  I did see 1 "Pig" of a goat (close to 17") with 26 nannies, but I never got closer than about 1500 yards.....the male never looked at me, but all the chicks had their radar on (he obviously had one thing on his mind!).

I am going to TRY and make it up 1 more day, but who knows?  Gas being what it is and all, we will have to see.  

All in all a good hunt, good eats, great weather, nice area and lots of animals to look at.......Problem is I already have 2 fiffteen inch+ gaots, I need a 17"+!!

Any inside info would be GREATLY appreciated.

Gary.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:26:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry, probably too late now for any advice!  I probably wouldn't be of much help anyway.  I have seen nothing larger than 14" bucks this summer, and haven't gone out really looking, and have only seen a couple at that, mostly by chance.  I know I will be applying for 141,143, 151-155 archery next year, though.  I saw one 14" buck not too far from here a while back, and the odds of drawing an archery tag should be pretty decent with 1 bonus point so far.  Good luck.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:57:48 AM EDT
[#8]
I had 6 bonus points for reg season antelope...crazy!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top