Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2005 1:20:34 PM EDT
Anybody ever gone to Burning Man?

Tickets are only $350.00 at the gate
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:23:52 PM EDT
[#1]
LOL...it would make a great place to go target shooting......man those people are out of it. What a waste of air.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:56:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Never been, but I'd like to view it from a distance at night.  I hear the laser shows are unrivaled!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:44:06 PM EDT
[#3]
im going this year, GFs parents got us ticketts.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:57:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey beckett...will you blend in or stand out like a sore thumb LOL...Id hate to be mistook for one of those people LOL
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:11:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:19:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:34:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I propose an event in California, say Napa or Berkley, where right wingers from all over the world can gather and express themselves in any fashion without fear of reprisal from the oppressive nature of commercial society. A place where we can all carry guns, worship GOD right out in public, say what we mean, be straight and kiss people of (oh GROSS!) the OPPOSITE sex. There'd be fun events like "what organ is supposed to go there",and shooting matches.
We can have competitions to see who has the least tattoos, piercings, and "body modifications". We can compete to see who will be our representative, Mr. Milquetoast. that's it I dub thee Milquetoast Man Festival. Tickets will be $3.50. Yes, you can bring you family.

For those of you fortunate to be far removed from this "festival", I can tell you, the degenerates that appear around here in the days leading up to and after it are a sight to behold. Our most recent traffic fatality here in Douglas County (in a string of aweful road deaths) was a rollover near my house. Stoned driver killed his girlfriend passenger, on their way to, you guessed it, BurningMan, man. Marijuana doesn't hurt anyone, and I thank god my wife and kids weren't on that road when those guys came through, although there'll be plenty more tetrahydracannabinated asshole to weave through in the days to come.

And in case I have failed to express myself clearly enough:
FUCK BURNING MAN!  
Drag your sorry asses back to California where you can be as lame, gay, and stoned as you want.
It's just another excuse to use drugs and be a degenerate. Now that Haight Ashbury is all corporateized, (and $350 tickets is very conducive to a "come one and all attitude").

"If I have offended you then I am sorry. Maybe you needed to be offended. Here's my apology and one more thing, Fuck You."-Cyco Miko, "You can't bring me down". ST
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:32:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Seriously, gunmonkey; don't hold back,  tell us what you REALLY  think......
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:18:03 AM EDT
[#9]
GO GUNMONKEY GO !!!!!!!!!!!  How in the hell this ended up in redneck Gerlach is beyond me.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:31:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Its crazy my uncles and grandfather, both who run ranches and one uncle has his own mechanic shop, all of them are very conservative said it was awsome. So i figured id try it. Ive seen the setup on the way antelope hunting and it looks very nuts. Im excited about going, and ya ill stick out like a sore thumb but who gives a shit.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:30:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Nothing there but a bunch of damn hippies.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:08:11 AM EDT
[#12]
please...these people are NOT hippies. Yhey are grateful dead type of wandering scum bags. these are just flat fucked up people. You have to see them and be around them to understand they stand for NOTHING. Just wandering scum bags. If any one of those assholes have $350 they stole it from some old lady. They dont work......yeah theres a few yuppie types that show up to check it out but the majority are just plain ass nasty dirty scum bags.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:21:21 AM EDT
[#13]
If you can't believe that tickets are really $350, look here.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:23:19 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
im going this year, GFs parents got us ticketts.

Posting pics is an ARFCOM requirement!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:31:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Righht beckett...take lots of photos so we can all get a good laugh LOL
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:48:32 PM EDT
[#16]
im sorry to let you kids down but im not physicaly fit enough to go. I had to get my knees drained today and injected and i have to stay off of them for atleast two days. I asked the doc if i could go if i had my girl  push me around in a wheel chair but she said i would probaly get my knees infected. So im gonna stay home and get pamperd by my GF and her parents are going instead, Ill go next year for sure.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:51:22 PM EDT
[#17]
been invited to the 'Burn' more than once....I still believe I've been profiled for driving my VW Bus on occasion,my conversation at the gas pump today was 'Hey you going to Burning Man?' mmm nope just going to work was my reply,Her response was 'come out and play have fun loose yourself for a bit'...

My thoughts are to each there own I wish the 'Burn' folks a safe trip to and from the event as there is always some Fockup out there that makes the news.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:56:51 PM EDT
[#18]
i was working at homedepot last time this year, holy shit you should have seen some of those buggers that came in there and what they were asking for. One lady asked me if i had a big metal box, and when i asked what it was for " o my lion ate his last water bowl".
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:31:35 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I propose an event in California, say Napa or Berkley, where right wingers from all over the world can gather and express themselves in any fashion without fear of reprisal from the oppressive nature of commercial society. A place where we can all carry guns, worship GOD right out in public, say what we mean, be straight and kiss people of (oh GROSS!) the OPPOSITE sex. There'd be fun events like "what organ is supposed to go there",and shooting matches.
We can have competitions to see who has the least tattoos, piercings, and "body modifications". We can compete to see who will be our representative, Mr. Milquetoast. that's it I dub thee Milquetoast Man Festival. Tickets will be $3.50. Yes, you can bring you family.

For those of you fortunate to be far removed from this "festival", I can tell you, the degenerates that appear around here in the days leading up to and after it are a sight to behold. Our most recent traffic fatality here in Douglas County (in a string of aweful road deaths) was a rollover near my house. Stoned driver killed his girlfriend passenger, on their way to, you guessed it, BurningMan, man. Marijuana doesn't hurt anyone, and I thank god my wife and kids weren't on that road when those guys came through, although there'll be plenty more tetrahydracannabinated asshole to weave through in the days to come.

FUCK BURNING MAN!  
Drag your sorry asses back to California where you can be as lame, gay, and stoned as you want.
It's just another excuse to use drugs and be a degenerate. Now that Haight Ashbury is all corporateized, (and $350 tickets is very conducive to a "come one and all attitude").

"If I have offended you then I am sorry. Maybe you needed to be offended. Here's my apology and one more thing, Fuck You."-Cyco Miko, "You can't bring me down". ST

Right on brother The only thing I need now is MORE COW BELL!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:43:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Typical right wing dumb ass response.  You have never been, so you have no fucking clue what it is about,  Until you have the nerve to see what it is you talk about, go polish your fucking gun, and praise bush for how he is running this country.  

Burning man is fucking awesome, an experience that can not be matched.  But then you wouldn’t know that cause you are to busy being animalistic saying shoot them to know anything of what you speak.  You classify a whole group of people by some of the members of that group.  So by using your right wing intelligence, comparisons can be made that you will try to turn around and say I don’t like being American.  So why don’t you go to church praise god for whatever it is you need to thank him for.  But then again, your probably one of those people that say God kills our troops because they protect the Gay people of America.  Oh yea, us democrats heard about you fucking right wingers that are protesting Soldier funerals.  http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050828/ap_on_re_us/soldier_funeral_protests  I almost want to bet you cant attack me without calling me a commie liberal.  

BTW, no wonder so many good members dont post here anymore.  America is suppose to be united, but conservatives cant have that when people dont agree with what you want, they are liberal.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:44:54 PM EDT
[#21]
fuckin liberals.....
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:41:05 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

FUCK BURNING MAN!  

+1 GM!

Fuckin' Aye!

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:09:08 AM EDT
[#23]
fuck burning man and fuck you you to....... A bunch of low life scum.....if those are your friends head on out scout.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:10:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:41:54 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

+1

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:06:20 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Typical right wing dumb ass response.  You have never been, so you have no fucking clue what it is about,  Until you have the nerve to see what it is you talk about, go polish your fucking gun, and praise bush for how he is running this country.  

Burning man is fucking awesome, an experience that can not be matched.  But then you wouldn’t know that cause you are to busy being animalistic saying shoot them to know anything of what you speak.  You classify a whole group of people by some of the members of that group.  So by using your right wing intelligence, comparisons can be made that you will try to turn around and say I don’t like being American.  So why don’t you go to church praise god for whatever it is you need to thank him for.  But then again, your probably one of those people that say God kills our troops because they protect the Gay people of America.  Oh yea, us democrats heard about you fucking right wingers that are protesting Soldier funerals.  http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050828/ap_on_re_us/soldier_funeral_protests  I almost want to bet you cant attack me without calling me a commie liberal.  

BTW, no wonder so many good members dont post here anymore.  America is suppose to be united, but conservatives cant have that when people dont agree with what you want, they are liberal.  

I have also never been to a gay bar , heroin den, marijuana club, but I can make an educated guess what happens there.  I know you'd like to rail against the corporate, the GOD fearing, the conservative, and everyone else that is keeping you down, but you have stumbled into the wrong place for that sort of thing.  I have enough experience with the "Burners" to recognize them as the same burned out losers, degenerates, misfits, addicts, gay people looking for others to tell them that it's okay to put "tab A" into "slot A" and  "tab b" up against "Tab B" that I have known throughout the years. I know they are artsy and free spirited, that's what we like to call people who can't adjust to the real world or keep a job. I don't much care if it hurts their feelings. Eventually you grow up and either get with the program (OH HELL, no you sons of bitches, I AIN'T (gulp)....CONFORMING!) or become a proffessor at a university, a drug counselor or a Senator From New York or California.

Umm, I am not gonna address the issue of soldier funeral protests, anyone who knows me knows how I feel about that. Not gonna take the bait, hippy.

Also, never said "shoot them", it was GO BACK TO CALIFORNIA.  Again if you know me, you know how I feel about Californians.

Yes, my Right Wing Intelligence tells me that you don't like being an American. Americans don't side with the likes of Hanoi Jane (Democrat), Schumer (Democrat), Alec "Ilove France" Baldwin, and the like.
California is a cesspool of filth. Burning Man is a product of the limp-wristed losers in the Bay, something they couldn't organize in their "liberal" state. Now their filth is running over into my beloved state. And before long, we'll be overrun by people escaping the destruction caused in Cali, only to want to repeat it here. It's already happening.

Have fun in snuggle town, talk to your penis, dance naked, smoke dope, get dirty, be happy. Just don't expect me to approve.

Gotta go to Church.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:45:14 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

typical left wing dumb ass response.

if you are a liberal, you stumbled into the wrong part of the internet son.  and if you think ANY of arfcom are protesting ANY soldiers funeral, then you sir, are dumb.  my idea of a good time is NOT a bunch of dirty people taking part in drunken debauchery in the middle of the desert....coming to a head, with a burning effigy.

+1 Brother ARin....

Liberals, Hippies, and Left Wingers SUCK!!!!!

They are not Americans. They want all the protections that TRUE Americans have fought for and died for. They are the ruination of this country and all I can say is FUCK 'EM.

Be Safe.

Joe
(An American Patriot)
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:31:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:02:40 AM EDT
[#29]
I once was lost, but now am found. Y'all had nothing to do with that though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top