Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2005 10:05:48 AM EDT
I posted this in the M16 forum since it was an MG that blew, but I thought you guys might like to see it as well.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=14&t=248453&page=1
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:09:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:02:10 AM EDT
[#2]

....maybe resented your other "new toy" (car).........sometimes they get that way.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:51:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You have bad luck with your class 3 stuff.

Yeah, I'd just gotten my 9mm can back, and then this happens!  
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:38:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Hopefully nobody was hurt!

Bad luck is only compounded with less than 10 fingers and ten toes....

Is the whole thing a loss?

I hope not.

Best of luck with it brother.

V
OUT
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:37:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hopefully nobody was hurt!

Bad luck is only compounded with less than 10 fingers and ten toes....

Is the whole thing a loss?

I hope not.

Best of luck with it brother.

V
OUT

+1 V.

Last January one of my students brought his MAC 11 out to shoot after his CCW course. I posted a topic on what happened: MAC 11 QUESTION (SAFETY CONCERN!)

That was a very scary moment for me when the gun "ran away"  in my hands.

GB, I know that your gun didn't run away on your brother, but still the same both experiences are very scary.

MACS are really starting to worry me now.

I'm glad that you and your Bro are Ok.

Be Safe.

Joe
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:00:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I have split many cases in several fire arms. 45 lc , 45acp, 38, 357, even 338 win mag. some were just worn out brass others bad brass from the factory. For that to happen (and im no FA expert) the ammo had to be severly over charged (possible but not likely due to case capacity of the 9mm) or there was a blockage or defect in the barrel or both.  Im glad that every one is ok, and sorry for the loss of your weapon. My exfather in law had a FA ingrams mac 10 . Only got to run a couple of mags through it , but it sure was fun.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:33:36 PM EDT
[#7]
We had an M249 SAW unintentionally discharge a few weeks ago.  The crew was loading it with the bolt to the rear and the safety on, nothing unusual about that.  So they open the feed tray cover, lay the belt in, and upon closing the feed tray cover, BAM!  One had minor injuries to his hand from the muzzle flash/powder burns.

Inspection of the said weapon led to the likely cause being the bolt not being fully to the rear.  In the 249 if the bolt is pulled close-but-not-quite all the way back it will stick and stay back, even when the charging handle is returned forward, but the jarring from closing the feed tray cover lets the bolt unstick and come forward, strip and fire a round, even with the safety on and fingers nowhere close to the trigger.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:48:42 PM EDT
[#8]
WOW!.  that sucks!  hope you can get it fixed.  that's just sad that that happened to a class III.

makes me feel like that heinekin commercial...
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:31:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Man that sucks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top