Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2005 7:01:27 PM EDT
Anyone here in Nevada have a Makarov for sale....want a nice clean gun...it will be a backup carry gun. Bulgarian or???? Decent priced, Im in Reno.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:20:12 PM EDT
[#1]
OT,

I have one and I wouldn't part with it. They are reliable and accurate guns, and the round is pretty hot for a sub-caliber. I normally don't like surplus handguns from other countries, but I made an exception with my Makarov.

I have put over 6000 rounds through mine and I never had a hiccup. Most of the mainstream manufacturers now make the 9x18 round so the ammunition is readily availble for both practice and defense. Most of the 6000 rounds I put through mine were steel case, Norinco green box.

I have had the gun about 13 years now and at the time factory 9x18 Norinco ammunition was about $2.75 to $3.00 for a box of 50! I would buy 1000 rounds at a time and sometimes go through them in a weekend. Also at the time brand new factory mags in the wrapper could be found for $6.00 each on a deal.

I have seen various manufacturers and some are nicer than others. I think the East German ones with fixed sights are the nicest for workmanship. The Bulgarian is second, and the one I have, the Baikal IJ70 with adjustable rear sight is third.

You have chosen a great little gun and no matter which way you go you can't go wrong.

Hope this helps.

Be Safe.

Joe

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:10:54 AM EDT
[#2]

So, you down here in LV Valley?  Contact me. Got a spare, unfired, NIB, "unissued" Mak safe queen purchased a couple o' years ago in a group buy on another board.......may consider letting it go ......(though I HATE selling hardware....)
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 12:44:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
So, you down here in LV Valley?  Contact me. Got a spare, unfired, NIB, "unissued" Mak safe queen purchased a couple o' years ago in a group buy on another board.......may consider letting it go ......(though I HATE selling hardware....)

Citizen,

Old Troop is in Reno.....

Be Safe.

Joe
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:26:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't part with mine. It was too much gun for too good of a price. Plus, I CCW with it sometimes...
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:49:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:47:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top