Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2005 10:38:16 AM EDT
Im going to be going to Reno for work on the Friday before Labor day and going to stay through Monday. I heard something about a giant rib cook-off or something like that. What all goes on there during that weekend?
Should prove to be good times as I am going with 3 friends also from work and off time we are gong to enjoy ourselves. I definantly need to check out Sportsmans warehouse and some other fun stores. I want to taste free America again. Maybe that will help me make my decision about moving, half this trip seeing if I like the store up there. I could be making my decision that weekend.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:09:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Rib cookoff is in Sparks...lots of great BBQ and party atmosphere. You can smell the ribs cooking miles away. I think you  and your pals would have a very good time there.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:31:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I second the above if you love ribs that is the place to be and what a party it is!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:32:37 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Rib cookoff is in Sparks...lots of great BBQ and party atmosphere. You can smell the ribs cooking miles away. I think you  and your pals would have a very good time there.

I used to go ever year !!!!!!!  You'll have a great time snorkel Bob.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:19:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Isn't there some kind of oath you have to swear to the Governator, as a Californian, that precludes you from partaking in the flesh of dead animals?
Sportsman's Whorehouse is AWESOME! You guys are gonna be wrecked!
Figure out how you are gonna escape Kalifonya now, save yourself the trouble later.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:00:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Well it seesm like Im gonna be there for the whole damn week, till Sept 10. Have to help out at the store for awhile. So it seems like I will see alot of Reno.
What all should I check out while Im there? I want to see the Sierra Trading Post store, are there ever any good deals floating around on packing equipment? What other kind of cool mountaineering stores are there around?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:58:16 PM EDT
[#6]
The only thing that comes to mind is Sportsmans Warehouse on Moana off 395. They probably have anything you are looking for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top