Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2005 10:54:52 AM EDT
I'm taking a class at frontsight alongside with two buddies at the end of the month.  My friends and I are trying to figure out the best place to buy ammo.  We'll need 2,400 rounds (800 per person x 3) of new manufacture 9mm ammo.  

Is there a gunstore and/or sporting good store in the Las Vegas area that has good prices on ammo (particularly since I'll be buying in bulk)?

Failing that, does anybody know of cheaper prices online to purchase from?  I can have the ammo shipped out ahead of time to relatives living in the area.

Thanks!
Roland
flshovelhead @ comcast.net
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:58:37 AM EDT
[#1]
When it comes to 9mm ball ammo, the best place to buy bulk is at Wall Mart.  Call first to make sure they have 2400 rounds in stock, before you go.

If you can't find a Wall Mart with that much ammo in stock, rather than drive to more than one Wall Mart, Citidel would be my next choice.  They are nearby the Strip and they should easily have 2400 rounds.

Bass Pro Shops would not be a bad idea either.

I feel the shipping costs with purchasing 9mm on line would be cost prohibitive.

Good luck in the Front Line course!
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:08:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:54:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I always hate to throw money Wal-Mart's way if at all possible to support the little guys.  Are any of the local gun shops even able to come close to the price?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:02:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Try the bass pro shop, i think it's on special right now.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:52:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I always hate to throw money Wal-Mart's way if at all possible to support the little guys.  Are any of the local gun shops even able to come close to the price?

I agree 100% with supporting the little guys even if it costs me a little more . I tried to purchase 25,000 rounds of 9mm locally for an event last March. I'm still very disappointed that we were forced to purchase outside of our local economy given the lead time the local stores had to work with and our willingness to prepay. I didn't expect the little guys to be cheaper than Wal Mart or giant internet ammo distributors, just reasonably competitive. It's a shame really, we all lost. I don't feel the love shopping at Bass Pro Shop either, but it may be a viable option in your case given the amount of ammo you require. In my experience, these guys are pro-hunting which isn't even close to being pro-gun. Hope you enjoy your class.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:07:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Bass Pro shops is having a sale on ammo?????

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:59:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I know that the Bass pro shop is having some sort of gun related event this weekend and I belive they will be having a sale along with it so give that  a shot.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:52:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree 100% with supporting the little guys even if it costs me a little more . I tried to purchase 25,000 rounds of 9mm locally for an event last March. I'm still very disappointed that we were forced to purchase outside of our local economy given the lead time the local stores had to work with and our willingness to prepay. I didn't expect the little guys to be cheaper than Wal Mart or giant internet ammo distributors, just reasonably competitive. It's a shame really, we all lost. I don't feel the love shopping at Bass Pro Shop either, but it may be a viable option in your case given the amount of ammo you require. In my experience, these guys are pro-hunting which isn't even close to being pro-gun. Hope you enjoy your class.

+1

Very well put VSMG.

Be Safe.

Joe
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:30:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I Need 1000 rounds of 223 factory boxed no Wolf or S&B. I am also attending Front Sight and would love to purchase locally , any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
tReznr see ya there!
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:24:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Bass Pro Shops has 223 Remington for $3.49/20  Not a bad price if you are looking to buy some spur of the moment.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 12:54:55 PM EDT
[#11]
We should get a tagged topic with this in the state FAQ.  Along with where to rent full autos, Clark County's blue cards, etc.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:30:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
We should get a tagged topic with this in the state FAQ.  Along with where to rent full autos, Clark County's blue cards, etc.

+1

And we should also add: places to shoot, job listings, what area of town to live, transporting firearms, best place to get a flat fixed, finding a good dentist, etc.....

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:42:47 PM EDT
[#13]
I just went there today.  They had Winchester white box at $88 per thousand rounds (when buying the 50 round boxes that were on sale).  They supposedly limit you to 1,000 rounds but I had my wife guard the cart and just made a couple trips through the register.  That sale is good only for tonight, and I already saw a sizable dent in the pallet they brought out.

Even if you miss that sale, they have the 100 round box of Winchester 9mm for sale for $10.88 which is still a pretty good deal.  That runs until the 28th.

They also have Remington .223 for $3.49 per 20 round box.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:47:57 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I Need 1000 rounds of 223 factory boxed no Wolf or S&B. I am also attending Front Sight and would love to purchase locally , any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
tReznr see ya there!

Which class are you taking?  I'm taking the 4 day defensive handgun along with two buddies starting on Friday, September 2nd.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:24:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Those are great classes.  You'll have a great time.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:03:55 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
When it comes to 9mm ball ammo, the best place to buy bulk is at Wall Mart.  Call first to make sure they have 2400 rounds in stock, before you go.

If you can't find a Wall Mart with that much ammo in stock, rather than drive to more than one Wall Mart, Citidel would be my next choice.  They are nearby the Strip and they should easily have 2400 rounds.

Bass Pro Shops would not be a bad idea either.

I feel the shipping costs with purchasing 9mm on line would be cost prohibitive.

Good luck in the Front Line course!

If you order online through ammoman.com, you get free shipping.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:16:09 PM EDT
[#17]
I'll be taking the 4 day practical rifle starting on Sept. 2 also. Cant wait! And drinking lots of water starting now!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top