Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2005 4:06:59 PM EDT
Since their website doesn't tell you anything and they never answer the phone, does anybody know if the courtesy range will be open this weekend? I hate driving all the way down there just to find out they're having some damn cowboy action shoot or something.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:38:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Saturday should be the junior shoot and small bore silhouette rifle practice and Sunday should be black powder. If you leave a message they will call you back.  The only time the range is closed is when they are having 1000yd match or practice. Matches are every 5th Sunday with months with 5 Sundays, and practices are on Wednesday. Match days it re-opens at 1200.

Dan
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:55:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Does any of that stuff affect the courtesy range?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:11:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Unless they moved some steel silhouette's to the courtesy range, I don't think so. I have been out there when they had something going on at the courtesy range, they only used like 4 lanes. Like I said they are done by noon or earlier.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:09:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I hold CCW range classes out there all the time during the Cowboy Shoots, I just have to train my students on the Courtesy Range. I have never had a problem getting along with the Cowboys or the Courtesy range during events.

MQ is correct, the entire range must be shut down for the 1000 yd. practice sessions and matches. This is because the 1000 yd. line is 400 yds. further uprange from the 600 yd. line, and if they did not shut the entire range down the High Power shooters would be shooting over other shooters' heads. Not very safe.

Here are the BRPC Calendars. They should give you a pretty good idea as to what is happening and when.

Hope this helps.

Be Safe.

Joe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top