Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2005 4:44:52 PM EDT
OKay, I know someone who's got a condo @ Incline, and I like to ski, so every once in a while I fly in to Reno and do this ;)

Anyone suggest places to shoot - Nat'l Forest, desert, etc. in the Reno - Carson area?  I want to take my California-resident brother out to shoot some real firearms.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:44:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice range in carson City...DONT even think about shooting anywhere near the lake or anywhere else up that way. Go down to Carson City and drive out in the desert or go to the range.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 10:10:37 PM EDT
[#2]
The range in Carson is nice, but I know of at least one murder/theft in the last several years. Don't go alone, or go when its busy. South of Carson City you can take Johnson lane into the hills and shoot there. Again, don't go alone, lots of tweakers. They will strip a vehicle if you leave it out there also. The coyotes were wiped out there not too long ago but you still might get a shot at one or two.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:52:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Can you all give me more details on range locations?

Thanks for the tips and warnings.  When I shoot I usually retain one holstered weapon while I reload ;) especially in a public location.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:52:56 AM EDT
[#4]
yeah the guy that was killed I knew from the local gunshows. A punk kid who escaped from a juvenile center killed the old guy while he waiting for his shooting partner to show up....its not a common occurance. You have to be alert where ever you are. Someone should have directions to the range or some open space to go to. Im in Reno so I just go out in the desert.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:07:38 PM EDT
[#5]
theres a place whats it called Helms pit over there by the nugget, big ass pond with geese and shit. they dont mind at all if you shoot over there. just get on I 80 east and look to your left youll see it. good times for tigger time.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:40:16 PM EDT
[#6]
BeckettOfNevada...are you fucking nuts man....There is no more Helms pit....Its a damn lake with kids and fishing and boating and right in the middle of  the city of Sparks Nevada surounded by apartment buildings......what the hell are you smoking. First shot with any type of weapon there will get you prison time. Before you give advice like that you need to know what your talking about.  Even when it was the pit you couldnt shoot there...its in Sparks City limits. The damn freeway runs right next to it. By the way its called the Sparks marina now. Maybe its just been along time since you were here BeckettOfNevada but things have changed a hell of alot from what you remember.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:07:29 PM EDT
[#7]
hahha i was up there the last 2 years going to UNR and i was in reno few days ago. I know were it is and what people use it for. The geese and people in canoes make perfect targets. The house they built all around it make perfect backstops and if you wanna practice some wing shots ya got the planes coming over and if you want moving shots ya got the highway. all kinds of things to lay rounds at.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:18:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Well you wouldnt recognise the so called helms Pit if you havent seen what they have done with it. Hell its stocked with trout and all kinds of good shit.  and I mean they have built the apartments/condos right up to the water.  Id just hate to see the guy make a trip to helms pit to go shootuing and discover you cant shoot there.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:29:52 PM EDT
[#9]
i know what it is and what they have  done to it. Shit last  winter when i was going to UNR we would go over there and kidnap geese and let them go in the dorm.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:35:21 PM EDT
[#10]
So what calsses  were you taking at UNR...."Animal Abduction Classes"??  
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:49:55 PM EDT
[#11]
hahha na i had perfected that in fallon long before i was stuck in reno. i was going for a history major but i left for something else.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:58:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Leave the critters alone LOL
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:32:46 PM EDT
[#13]
but there so cuddly and fun. besides captureing them then letting them go to fly and shit all over the dorm then watch people try to catch them is so fun.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:22:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the save OT. I was ready to go find and shoot up the pit.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:00:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, for some clean fun there's always the Washoe County Shooting Facility. But it's quite a drive fron Incline Village.... How do I know? I used to live in Incline for 2 years before moving to Reno.
It's located 22 miles north of the I-80 on Pyramid Highway. Not a bad place to shoot.
Here's a .pdf document listing all 'official" ranges in NV:
www.ndow.org/about/pubs/pdf/shooting_range.pdf

Have fun.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:07:03 PM EDT
[#16]
that shooting range by pyramid is the only shooting range ive ever actualy gone to. i took a tactical pistols class and we had to go out there. long drive for nothing fancy. i think driving out into the desert would be better.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:31:49 PM EDT
[#17]
I shoot up on the hill above Hazen
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:04:02 AM EDT
[#18]
hazen what a fine community. hahah what am i saying.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:31:45 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
but there so cuddly and fun. besides captureing them then letting them go to fly and shit all over the dorm then watch people try to catch them is so fun.

So is pussy but you dont abduct it LOL
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:33:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Hazen...they should just hang a roll of toilet paper at the city limits....its a toilet LOL...what pos place that is...its depressing just to drive thru there LOL
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:59:02 AM EDT
[#21]
when its of the woman kind its not a abduction its  a date. but if it starts honking and shitting every were like a goose it sure the shit will be in the hall or dropped off at a  park.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:14:11 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
when its of the woman kind its not a abduction its  a date. but if it starts honking and shitting every were like a goose it sure the shit will be in the hall or dropped off at a  park.

You mean you hope thats how that works LOL...with some women you never know what the hell their gonna do
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:24:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Look at Beckett's last post, then his previous posts above...He is now a Team member!

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:25:17 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Hazen...they should just hang a roll of toilet paper at the city limits....its a toilet LOL...what pos place that is...its depressing just to drive thru there LOL

Yeah but it only takes 10 seconds to drive through there
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:53:03 PM EDT
[#25]
i know i actualy got around to getting a membership......now who can id  my avatar ?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:01:25 PM EDT
[#26]
true Barrelburner, thats the only redeeming thing about that place it only takes 10 or 15 seconds to get by LOL.....beckett its tom berenger in sniper. (I think LOL)
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:04:38 PM EDT
[#27]
well done i see you know your 9 fingerd snipers well.  for some one missing a finger gunny beckett sure can end them like no one else.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:28:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top