Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2005 9:23:34 PM EDT
The 2005 Cadillac CTS-V!

Cadillac CTS-V homepage.

Gentlemen, this car is a monster.  400 horspower all aluminum LS6 engine, the same powerplant in the Corvette Z06.  0-60 in 4.6 seconds, and seats 5 comfortably.  I haven't been past about 110 yet, but that was barely over 4000 in 3rd gear...  Dear God I need a clear mile of freeway!

I can't believe the wife let me buy this car! (Well, it's kindof a family car, right?  It seats five!)

I'll try and get some actual shots of my car tomorrow, but essentially it's exactly like the one in the picture.

(Hometowners, if you see this in GD, well, it was too good not to share)
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:38:33 PM EDT
[#1]
how you gonna take that out in the desert??

really nice BTW...was cadillac offering the employee pricing?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:47:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
how you gonna take that out in the desert??

really nice BTW...was cadillac offering the employee pricing?

That thing ain't going anywhere near the desert.  It gives me the heebiejeebies just thinking of rolling out to the range in it.

Yes, GM gave employee pricing on it, I believe they were giving it on every model except the XLR (those had a nice fat 'fair market value adjustment' of $10,000).  The employee discount was around $5000, and every little bit helps.

I was surprised at how reasonable it was; it really wasn't that expensive.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:48:29 PM EDT
[#3]
do you still have a tuck to get to the range?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:51:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
do you still have a tuck to get to the range?

Yeah, though technically that is now the wife's car.  She had little interest in working with a 6 speed manual, she's used to the vehicle doing all the shifting.  But she know's the truck is mine when I'm going shooting.  It works out well.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:42:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:39:09 AM EDT
[#6]
My Mom has bought one last year. Not the same powerplant, but the acceleration is still amazing... Then again, so was the Deville with the Northstar engine she had prior to this.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:08:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
That is about the last thing I would have expected you to buy, not saying I don't like it, I love it. Why the change though? I know you loved the VW, was it fuck8ing up or just wanted something new?

I started driving the VW full time, and while it was a great car, the turbo lag on that 1.8 was driving me nuts.  You could never tell when the power was going to come on.   And since the baby will be here in another two weeks or so I started shopping around for a larger 'family' type car... I looked at the chrysler 300 hemi's, but those Dodge asshats want rediculous amounts of money for them.  We stopped by the caddy dealer just to look (and test drive the CTS-V!) and of course they start giving you the full course press to buy it.  But the amazing thing is that I only put a couple of grand down and this Porche eater of a caddy is only $300 more a month than the already low amount I was paying on the Jetta.  

Wait til you go for a ride in it.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:13:17 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
My Mom has bought one last year. Not the same powerplant, but the acceleration is still amazing... Then again, so was the Deville with the Northstar engine she had prior to this.

This thing is a beast!  They're releasing the STS-V soon as well, but that one is going back to the Northstar powerplant, only with a supercharger.  I think they quoted the HP to be around 460.

These are reniassance days for muscle car enthusiasts!  The products being offered now blow away anything that came out of the muscle car wars of  the 60's and 70's.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:33:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:03:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The 2005 Cadillac CTS-V!

www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2004/2004-Cadillac-CTS-V-Speed-1024x768.jpg

Cadillac CTS-V homepage.

Gentlemen, this car is a monster.  400 horspower all aluminum LS6 engine, the same powerplant in the Corvette Z06.  0-60 in 4.6 seconds, and seats 5 comfortably.  I haven't been past about 110 yet, but that was barely over 4000 in 3rd gear...  Dear God I need a clear mile of freeway!

I can't believe the wife let me buy this car! (Well, it's kindof a family car, right?  It seats five!)

I'll try and get some actual shots of my car tomorrow, but essentially it's exactly like the one in the picture.

(Hometowners, if you see this in GD, well, it was too good not to share)

Congrats! >>>>>

Very Sweet!

Can't wait to see it.

Be Safe.

Joe
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:49:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Hot damn. Very nice car. Congrats on the car and the coming baby.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:06:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This thing is a beast!  They're releasing the STS-V soon as well, but that one is going back to the Northstar powerplant, only with a supercharger.  I think they quoted the HP to be around 460.

These are reniassance days for muscle car enthusiasts!  The products being offered now blow away anything that came out of the muscle car wars of  the 60's and 70's.

Powerwise true, but nothing beats the old sound and feel of 60's American iron. I'm thinking of teaching Linda to drive a stick and start inching towards that new Shelby Mustang due out in a year. Low 13's in the 1/4 and 475+ would be a blast on those long, lonely Lincoln County roads. The days where a Mustang can smoke a Vette are almost here, C6 owners better watch the fuck out for the Wolfpackmobile.

Wait till you hear this caddy.  She rumbles at idle, and has a beautiful howl as you hit 6000 rpm and break the rear loose hitting 3rd.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:25:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:44:13 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Powerwise true, but nothing beats the old sound and feel of 60's American iron. I'm thinking of teaching Linda to drive a stick and start inching towards that new Shelby Mustang due out in a year. Low 13's in the 1/4 and 475+ would be a blast on those long, lonely Lincoln County roads. The days where a Mustang can smoke a Vette are almost here, C6 owners better watch the fuck out for the Wolfpackmobile.

That maybe true till the c6 z06 hits the market.  And remember, the mustang is feed with a supercharger.  The vette, breathes on its own.  I garuntee, i know a few people with some camaros/trans ams that will smoke the new selby.  But they arent stock.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:14:01 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wait till you hear this caddy.  She rumbles at idle, and has a beautiful howl as you hit 6000 rpm and break the rear loose hitting 3rd.  

I'm free Saturday......

Better have the AC "blowing ice cubes," GB. WP hates the heat.....

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:15:57 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm free Saturday......

Better have the AC "blowing ice cubes," GB. WP hates the heat.....

It gets downright cold in there... with no tint, in the middle of the day.  There's plenty of engine to turn the compressor, I guess.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:18:52 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Hot damn. Very nice car. Congrats on the car and the coming baby.

I, and the wife, thank you.

Just an update for those of you who know me:  all is well with the baby, and we scheduled to induce labor the 17th of this month.  I just know my kid can't wait to go for a ride in the new car!  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:03:34 AM EDT
[#18]
GB, i got a tinter guy who is top notch...has tinted a few of my cars.  good prices too.  but dont leave any guns in the car.....hes a felon

He is by eastern and 215 if you are interested.  Ill dig up his # for you.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:10:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Congrats on the new car and baby.  I know that stock that thing kicks ass.  But are you planning to put any aftermarket goodies.  I'm not talking about "dubs" or anything.  Freer flowing exhaust and intake, maybe?  I'm pretty sure with this type of engine there is and will be huge aftermarket support.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:45:06 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Congrats on the new car and baby.  I know that stock that thing kicks ass.  But are you planning to put any aftermarket goodies.  I'm not talking about "dubs" or anything.  Freer flowing exhaust and intake, maybe?  I'm pretty sure with this type of engine there is and will be huge aftermarket support.

looks like anything that can save some gas $$ will be worth it!

nice car!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:02:26 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

There's a guy on the cadillac forums who can reprogram your EPROM chip to give you custom fuel curves, remove the rev limiter or get rid of that annoying 1st to 4th lockout on the shifter, among other things.  I believe you can customize up to 40 different parameters, and everyone on the board was raving about how the cars run after he tweaks them.  I'm happy for now, but the first time I get beat on the freeway that might all change.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:39:10 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There's a guy on the cadillac forums who can reprogram your EPROM chip to give you custom fuel curves, remove the rev limiter or get rid of that annoying 1st to 4th lockout on the shifter, among other things.  I believe you can customize up to 40 different parameters, and everyone on the board was raving about how the cars run after he tweaks them.  I'm happy for now, but the first time I get beat on the freeway that might all change.  

It's all good if it's reversible so when you go in the dealership for warranty/service work, then you can be stealth about it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:51:21 PM EDT
[#23]
OK, trying to host some photos...  Bear with me.

Damn, it worked.  Here's some more:

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:07:32 PM EDT
[#24]
NICE COLOR!!!!

is that a blue/grey?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:11:14 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
NICE COLOR!!!!

is that a blue/grey?

They call it 'stealth grey'... which is marketing talk for blue-gray.  It is much more subtle than the red one they had; that one screamed "write me a ticket!"
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:23:26 PM EDT
[#26]
id call it robocop grey
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:26:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:10:05 AM EDT
[#28]
very schweeeet
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:02:38 AM EDT
[#29]
gunbert:  Good to see you got the pics working.  I got to wonder if not only did the car get repo'ed, but the pictures of it as well.

*Knock* *knock*  "I'm here for the car sir.  And I'll also need to see that digital camera."
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:40:03 AM EDT
[#30]
I still have them here on my end.  I wonder why they arent' showing up for some of you?  ARin, can you still see them?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:16:00 AM EDT
[#31]
ya, i see em.

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:08:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:40:08 PM EDT
[#33]
evil BWUHAHAHAHA

Take out a HELOC from your appreciated home and consider one of these great packages from John Ligenfelter (R.I.P.)

Take your CTS-V to the NEXT level!

j/k
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 2:59:35 PM EDT
[#34]
I guess I'm glad I am installing my Kenne Bell supercharger on my 2004 GT.  Wanna race?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:01:44 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I see 'em now.

It kinda worries me my cell phone salesman is driving around in a Caddy though. hr

Yeah he must work for Verizon.  Damn rapists.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:25:40 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I guess I'm glad I am installing my Kenne Bell supercharger on my 2004 GT.  Wanna race?

No problem!  I'd love to see how I'd fare against a blown mustang.  I ate up a 600 SL last night on the 215, I had to get off it in 4th to let him catch up.  

I love my car !
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:26:41 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I see 'em now.

It kinda worries me my cell phone salesman is driving around in a Caddy though.

You get what you pay for...  

Or should I say, I get what you pay for.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:17:09 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I see 'em now.

It kinda worries me my cell phone salesman is driving around in a Caddy though. hr

You get what you pay for...  

Or should I say, I get what you pay for.  hr

h
I'll let you know when the blower install is finished...
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:34:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Sweet ride Gunbert!
2 new "babies" in one month, must be doing something right.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top