Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2005 8:37:57 PM EDT
Does the building containing the indoor pool at this park fall under  "Public Building " , or does the entire park ?  
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:32:36 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Does the building containing the indoor pool at this park fall under  "Public Building " , or does the entire park ?  

As far as I know the Clark County School District help pay to build the pool.  The whole thing falls under the "park and recreation".  It is not a "public building" as far as I know.

Tricia
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:59:41 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

FUCK DUDE!

Either you went through a Piss-Poor CCW course or you just like to ask questions for fun.

WP,

Perhaps you should create a permanent thread that you can "tack-up" that addresses common knowledge gun laws, and rights and responsibilities in Nevada for newcomers.

Just a suggestion.

Be Safe.

Joe

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:35:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Clark County (and as far as I know, all other municipal parks) have "no weapons" rules in effect. These rules operate under Municipal Codes, and violations are misdemeanor crimes.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:37:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:41:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

FUCK DUDE!

Either you went through a Piss-Poor CCW course or you just like to ask questions for fun.

WP,

Perhaps you should create a permanent thread that you can "tack-up" that addresses common knowledge gun laws, and rights and responsibilities in Nevada for newcomers.

Just a suggestion.

Be Safe.

Joe

Joe,
   Do you have to be so insulting ?  I am not a little pussy, and I'm just trying to keep out of trouble.  Isn't that the purpose of this forum ?  If this is how you treat your syudents, them I will never come to your class.  I don't want anybody to hold my hand, just please extend a little respect.    And yes, both of the classes I went to were very piss poor, but I will look for a better one in 2009.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:35:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

FUCK DUDE!

WP,

Just a suggestion.

Be Safe.

Joe

Joe,
   Do you have to be so insulting ?  I am not a little pussy, and I'm just trying to keep out of trouble.  Isn't that the purpose of this forum ?  If this is how you treat your syudents, them I will never come to your class.  I don't want anybody to hold my hand, just please extend a little respect.    And yes, both of the classes I went to were very piss poor, but I will look for a better one in 2009.

Porch,

I never said you were a "little pussy." On the other hand when I responded to your question I didn't think your skin was so thin. The way I respond to individuals here in this forum has absolutely nothing to do with the way I treat my students. Don't take it personal, because I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

Had I wanted to be "insulting" I would have responded the first time like this: HEY ASSHOLE, Either you went through a Piss-Poor CCW course or you just like to ask questions for fun. I didn't do that so once again, please don't feel insulted by my original response.

Moving on:

I am sorry to hear that the CCW classes you attended were both piss poor. Believe me, I know that there is a lot of misinformation being disseminated to citizens who are not cognizant of the law. I had a female student tell me recently that the guy at a brick and mortar store here in town who sold her her handgun said that it's OK to carry the gun in her purse without a permit, because it's only a misdemeanor (that was great Friggin' advice huh?).

What Einstein should have told her was that it is a category C felony to carry a handgun (loaded or unloaded), in a purse, briefcase, backpack, fanny pack, etc. without first obtaining a CCW permit. You see, Einstein thought he knew the law, and she actually followed his advice and showed up to class with the gun in her purse.

Once I explained the law to her and showed it to her in black and white she became somewhat pissed. But hey, it's a free country, the guy behind the counter has a right to voice his opinion. Unfortunately, his misguided opinion could have cost the woman a felony charge.

If you are unsure of the law perhaps you shouldn't wait until 2009 to find a quality course, because that wait might be more costly than you think if you are uncertain of what your rights and responsibilities are when it comes to carrying CCW. Remember: You might beat the rap, but you won't beat the ride."

I would consider taking my course or Jim Mayhugh's course. Either way you can't go wrong.

Be Safe.

Joe
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:26:44 PM EDT
[#7]
This is a weird one. According to NRS, it is a cat. C felony.  But, according to Clark County and Las Vegas Municipal codes it is a misdemeanor.  Which would you get charged with?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:36:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

FUCK DUDE!

WP,

Just a suggestion.

Be Safe.

Joe

Joe,

Porch,

I never said you were a "little pussy." On the other hand when I responded to your question I didn't think your skin was so thin. The way I respond to individuals here in this forum has absolutely nothing to do with the way I treat my students. Don't take it personal, because I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

Had I wanted to be "insulting" I would have responded the first time like this: HEY ASSHOLE, Either you went through a Piss-Poor CCW course or you just like to ask questions for fun. I didn't do that so once again, please don't feel insulted by my original response.

Moving on:

I am sorry to hear that the CCW classes you attended were both piss poor. Believe me, I know that there is a lot of misinformation being disseminated to citizens who are not cognizant of the law. I had a female student tell me recently that the guy at a brick and mortar store here in town who sold her her handgun said that it's OK to carry the gun in her purse without a permit, because it's only a misdemeanor (that was great Friggin' advice huh?).

What Einstein should have told her was that it is a category C felony to carry a handgun (loaded or unloaded), in a purse, briefcase, backpack, fanny pack, etc. without first obtaining a CCW permit. You see, Einstein thought he knew the law, and she actually followed his advice and showed up to class with the gun in her purse.

Once I explained the law to her and showed it to her in black and white she became somewhat pissed. But hey, it's a free country, the guy behind the counter has a right to voice his opinion. Unfortunately, his misguided opinion could have cost the woman a felony charge.

If you are unsure of the law perhaps you shouldn't wait until 2009 to find a quality course, because that wait might be more costly than you think if you are uncertain of what your rights and responsibilities are when it comes to carrying CCW. Remember: You might beat the rap, but you won't beat the ride."

I would consider taking my course or Jim Mayhugh's course. Either way you can't go wrong.

Be Safe.

Joe

Joe,
  I am not asking questions for fun and I'm just asking for a second opinion.  CCW Laws are not always clear.  I think the government should put the correct signs at any property that plans CCW so that there is never a doubt to when and where I can carry.  No hard feelings Joe.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:50:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
This is a weird one. According to NRS, it is a cat. C felony.  But, according to Clark County and Las Vegas Municipal codes it is a misdemeanor.  Which would you get charged with?

One. Or the other. Or both.  As long as the language requires different things, the city and County can both exercise their jurisdiction.  I had a guy who went into his ex's house after he caught her cheating. Slapped the wife, fought with her 15 year old son. Charged with home invasion, battery with deadly weaopn, and a few other felonies. Ultimately, he plead out  to child abuse and neglect (Cat C felony) for the boy. The City THEN charged him with 2 counts domestic violence against the mother and the SAME son. NO double jeopardy.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:00:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Joe,
  I am not asking questions for fun and I'm just asking for a second opinion.  CCW Laws are not always clear. .

No offense to Jim or Joe, but no one can tell you the 'RIGHT' answer to your question.  You (and I don't mean YOU, porcher, just in general to anyone) must be aware of the laws by familiarizing yourself with them.  And even after reading them, you are counting on your potential arresting officer knowing them as well.  Laws are not clear for YOU until have a Judge or Jury determine it.  Joe hit it on the head with this phrase:

Remember: You might beat the rap, but you won't beat the ride."

'Catching a case' is more than just guilty and not guilty--it's about being stopped, arrested, transported, locked up, you coming up with bail money, your weapons taken, your having to shell out for a lawyer, you going to Court, you facing charges...and THEN the case actually starts. Ultimately, even if you beat the rap, where does that lead you? Out your lawyer fees, a pain in the ASS to get your guns back, and all the months/years of mental anguish of having to go through all of this. And that's if you were found NOT guilty. ETA: there seems to be a BIG push in the DA's office now to disarm folks--either making forfeiture of weapons part of a plea negotiation; making them plead to a felony or misdo domestic violence, which would essentially bar you from gun ownership.  I don't know if it's an Office wide policy, or just a few team chiefs, but that condition is popping up more than before.

A personal example for me was about 10 years ago, in San Diego. I was shooting my AR with preban 30 rounders at the indoor range.  A border Patrol agent came up to me, and said "hey, you're not supposed to have those mags." I explained they were preban mags, but he didn't get it.  He commented "I don't care about those, but some of the other guys might give you a hard time."  What if he arrested me for that mag? My rifle and mag would've been confiscated, I could've been jailed...and i was in the RIGHT.

Say it with me: Remember: "You might beat the rap, but you won't beat the ride."
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:15:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Desert Breeze Park is for gutter-snipes.
Now THAT'S insulting!  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:37:46 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Joe,
  I am not asking questions for fun and I'm just asking for a second opinion.  CCW Laws are not always clear.  I think the government should put the correct signs at any property that plans CCW so that there is never a doubt to when and where I can carry.  No hard feelings Joe.

No hard feelings either Porch.

But please realize that "Ignorance is no excuse of the Law."

On page two of the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department's CCW Application Instructions it clearly states that:

"NOTICE - THE APPLICANT IS ADVISED:
2. That it shall be the responsibility of the Applicant to familiarize himself/herself with the provisions of the Statutes, Ordinances, Rules and Regulations pertaining to the privilege of carrying a concealed firearm, and in particular with the provisions of sections xxxx, inclusive of the Nevada Revised Statutes; Clark County Ordinances; and the laws governing the Cities of Las Vegas, NV; North Las Vegas, NV; Henderson, NV; and Boulder City, Nevada."

With all due respect: "Ignorance is no excuse of the Law." The State, County, City, or any other governmental entity has no responsibility to "educate" you on the spot. It is YOUR responsibility to know your rights and responsibilities.

I'll say it in unison with Chiz, and repeat after me: "You might beat the rap, but you won't beat the ride."

Again, no hard feelings here either, Bro.

Hope this helps.

Be Safe.

Joe

ETA: If you are that unclear about the law and your rights and responsibilities as a CCW Permit Holder, perhaps you should seek competent legal counsel with your questions and concerns, because this is certainly not the proper forum to place your legal freedoms upon......

Be Safe.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:34:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
ETA: there seems to be a BIG push in the DA's office now to disarm folks--either making forfeiture of weapons part of a plea negotiation; making them plead to a felony or misdo domestic violence, which would essentially bar you from gun ownership.  I don't know if it's an Office wide policy, or just a few team chiefs, but that condition is popping up more than before.

And people don't believe me when I tell them that Las Vegas is quickly becoming East California.

ETA: Thanks for the good info.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:08:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Hey Porcher................glad I missed this thread earlier................. I ask plenty of questions on here. Just to stay out of trouble also  Guess I'll go with you in 2009 to class.  I don't ask questions for fun but I am an asshole.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:03:39 PM EDT
[#15]
I almost tempted to take another course just so I can get the correct training.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:44:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:18:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Chiz45 is right on the mark.

I had a similar discussion with someone on packing.org who insisted that the statutes covering CCW "superceded" the statute concerning carrying dangerous weapons on school property. In fact if you get caught carrying your concealed firearm on school property, you can be charged under both statutes. The real ball-buster comes if it's in an incorporated city, since the misdemeanor case would be heard in Municipal Court, and the gross misdemeanor case would start in Justice Court for the preliminary hearing and could then wind up in District Court. Three times the fun!!

When I read the statutes and codes, I follow a strict interpretation. This is usually the best way to avoid problems that can result by looking for a "loophole" or a "gray area".
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:25:28 AM EDT
[#18]
My class was great and I did learn alot.  Somethings I just don't remember if they were covered or not.  I certainly paid attention and it would be hard for Joe to answer ever question on every law.  BUT he told he what to do when I get pulled over.............which happen 3 days ago outside of Caliente.  I handed over the required papers and my lisence with CCW permit. both hands on the wheel.  The NHP Trooper told me why he pulled me over and thanked me for telling him.  He asked where the gun was.  PS.............when he came back, he keep staring at my AR 15. com cap.  I still got the damn ticket but Joe taught me what to do in class.

Also I travel alot and he tuned me on a Colorado law , I can't take my gun in a 7-11 cause they sell beer but I can't leave in the truck with my son under 18
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:13:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:43:02 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

When traveling in LC try and obey the speed limit, 65 seems crazy on those wide open roads but he is waiting.

I was doing 95+ on the ET highway. For some reason, i dropped it down to 87 or so, just in time.  A Lincoln county Deputy Sheriff got me going 15 over.  We dealt it down to Rural Speeding, which is zero demerit points. Unfortunately, my insurance company didn't recognize the demerits, and hit my insurance $200/year.

Outside of Washoe and Clark, traffic tickets are HUGE source of revenue for these communities.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:01:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:59:16 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

This woman was walking slow, she was old and looked filthy, my wife wouldn't let me stop to see if she was ok

The lesson is Don't expect to live if the Lincoln County Sheriff is your only lifeline.

Make that the Sheriff AND Wolfpack!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:15:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:00:29 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

You really have to obey the speed limit in Lincoln County. Was this NHP trooper a young guy in his early 20's? The new NHP officer for LC supposedly gave the LC Sheriff a ticket for speeding a few months back.

When traveling in LC try and obey the speed limit, 65 seems crazy on those wide open roads but he is waiting.

That would be him !!!!!!!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top