Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2005 12:12:11 PM EDT
Greetings.  At the moment I don't have a gun safe.  With the dry desert air, rust seems to be the last thing to worry about.  I clean my handguns and long guns after every shoot and apply a light coat of CLP or FP-10 (Rem oil for 870), which never dries out.

My question for safe owners is, do I need to worry about rust for safe storage?  Will one of those golden rods be required?

Anyone know of a good safe store that can deliver to a second story (in Henderson or LV) ?  
Link Posted: 7/9/2005 2:00:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Rust was never an issue when I lived near Sacramento. And it is drier here in Western Nevada than it is in Sacramento.
Link Posted: 7/9/2005 3:34:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/9/2005 3:44:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Try Liberty lock and safe, I have one of their "internet safes" and I love it.  Good price too.
Link Posted: 7/9/2005 3:57:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/9/2005 5:05:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Try Liberty lock and safe, I have one of their "internet safes" and I love it.  Good price too.

I bought mine ther but I can't refer anyone to them. I ordered my safe, they told me it would be delivered on a certain day, they gave me a 4 hour window. I took the time off work and they called me to tell me they would be late, instead of 10-2 they would try to be here before 5pm, I waited and  they called and said they would bring it the next day. I was so pissed I called the manager (an Asian woman that could BARELY speak English) and told her to cancel the order and refund my deposit. Her and I were yelling at each other on the phone for quite a while when all of a sudden she said it COULD be delivered that day. I put it on a credit card and disputed the charge just to be a huge pain in the ass to them.

The arguement was pretty funny now that I look back...

Me..Let me speak to the manager please
Her...I manager
Me...You CAN'T be the manager
Her...Why no I can be manager?
Me..You can't even speak English
Her..I speak engrish fine, what you want
Me..I wanna speak with the manger, quit playing games
Her..I AM MANAGER
Me..Oh boy......

Link Posted: 7/9/2005 6:53:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Please see the "anchor baby" thread......
Link Posted: 7/9/2005 10:48:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I think you can get the best deal on Plate Steel safe from the Safe Keeper 702-873-7233.
Willing to negotiate  and get you a large safe delivered at a good price. Plate Steel is much better than composite( FACT). I moved up to AMSEC TL rated safes for all of my goodies, but the Heritage Safe is still the best deal in town. Call Don Trimmer and work him over for the right deal.
Link Posted: 7/10/2005 3:11:29 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Me..Let me speak to the manager please
Her...I manager
Me...You CAN'T be the manager
Her...Why no I can be manager?
Me..You can't even speak English
Her..I speak engrish fine, what you want
Me..I wanna speak with the manger, quit playing games
Her..I AM MANAGER
Me..Oh boy......

Thank you, come again!
Link Posted: 7/10/2005 3:41:41 AM EDT
[#9]
I bought my current safe from Don Trimmer at the Safe Keeper.
He is frequently in the southeast corner of the gunshows at Cashman Field.
Don seems like a nice guy. I am very happy with my safe. He did a great job of delivering it BY HIMSELF. This safe is the biggest one he sells and completely fills a closet (I removed the two sliding closet doors and the safe fits in the opening with a couple inch gap all the way around).
However, I had/have one problem. I ordered interior lighting in the safe. He brought a set of lights and they didn't work. He said he would come back and fix it. Approx. six months later, I haven't heard from him again.
I don't feel like I should have to remind businessmen of things like this, and I didn't.
I just won't call him again and will tell other potential customers about it.
Link Posted: 7/10/2005 6:44:41 AM EDT
[#10]
www.LasVegasSafeand Knife......................2000s Rainbow #108  450-7233.  I bought a Centurion by Liberty.  Delivered on time, were gonna bolt it to the floor for no charge.  They were great !!!!

RUST..............I bought something from Calbela's that is suppose to keep moisture out of a safe.  You put it in the safe and when it turns pink you put it in the oven...............never turned pink yet. Probobly don't need it here.
Link Posted: 7/10/2005 11:26:57 AM EDT
[#11]

.....privacy urges me to IM you with a response.......incoming....
Link Posted: 7/10/2005 12:33:09 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I think you can get the best deal on Plate Steel safe from the Safe Keeper 702-873-7233.
Willing to negotiate  and get you a large safe delivered at a good price. Plate Steel is much better than composite( FACT). I moved up to AMSEC TL rated safes for all of my goodies, but the Heritage Safe is still the best deal in town. Call Don Trimmer and work him over for the right deal.

I have known Don for about 15 years now and I have been referring 100% of my students to him for at least 10 of those years. The Liberty I bought from Don was a trade in, and he made me a smokin' deal out the door, including delivery. He delivered the safe on time, as agreed, and he put it exactly where I wanted it.... By himself.

I have sold several safes for Don over the years and I have not had one student call me and complain about negative demeanor or service. I put Don's business card in every one of my student packets.

I know that a couple of people here on the board have had some misunderstandings with Don, but I guess when you do the amount of business that Don does there is always going to be confusion somewhere along the line.

Don is a household name with most people that I deal with in the gun industry.

The Safe Keeper gets my nod.

THE SAFE KEEPER
Don Trimmer, Owner/Operator
4545 West Hacienda, #106
Las Vegas, Nevada  89118
(702) 873-7233

Be Safe.

Joe

ETA: For those worried about moisture in Las Vegas: I have had guns for 30 years in Las Vegas and I have never had a rust issue. As far as the gun safe goes, just drop a medium sized bag of dessicant (moisture absorber) on one of the shelves and that should take care of any moisture issues that you might encounter.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:12:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Not a very easy place to find, but thanks to the cell he was able to direct me there.  Don showed me the Heritage safes and I almost got the 30 X 60, though I could tell that it had been hauled to a few gun shows.   He even knocked off 1, then $300 from the original offer.  I think I caught him between shows as the two in the Heritage line and a few Winchesters in the front office was all he showed me.  I'm still on the fence.

So Liberty is a good safe too?  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:26:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Not a very easy place to find, but thanks to the cell he was able to direct me there.  Don showed me the Heritage safes and I almost got the 30 X 60, though I could tell that it had been hauled to a few gun shows.   He even knocked off 1, then $300 from the original offer.  I think I caught him between shows as the two in the Heritage line and a few Winchesters in the front office was all he showed me.  I'm still on the fence.

So Liberty is a good safe too?  

I bought my Liberty Lincoln from Don several years ago. My Liberty is a VERY nice safe, but I have seen some very good looking and high-rated Heritage safes recently too.

I don't think you can go wrong with either safe. On the other hand, you might pay more for a Liberty.

Be Safe.

Joe
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:59:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Just got my Heritage delivered by Don Trimmer (literally, by himself).  Great transaction, highly recommend The SAFE Keeper, 873-7233.  Said he's been very busy selling safes like crazy.  Must be NOLA related as even ammo is getting a run.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 1:10:52 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Just got my Heritage delivered by Don Trimmer (literally, by himself).  Great transaction, highly recommend The SAFE Keeper, 873-7233.  Said he's been very busy selling safes like crazy.  Must be NOLA related as even ammo is getting a run.

Congrats!

You will see a total difference in your peace of mind now. The only drawback to owning your first gun safe is that before you know it you will be looking to sell it for a bigger one, or you will just keep it and get another. Either way, one can ever have too many guns or the safes to put them in.

Funny how shit works, huh?

Congrats again.

Be Safe.

Joe
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:59:38 AM EDT
[#17]

You will see a total difference in your peace of mind now. The only drawback to owning your first gun safe is that before you know it you will be looking to sell it for a bigger one, or you will just keep it and get another. Either way, one can ever have too many guns or the safes to put them in.

You got that right.  

Anyone ever see these: Zanotti Armor?  I had heard of assembled safes that this guy I work with who found one in and ad in the Shotgun News.  I wonder if this is the same one.  No prices on the web site (or e-mail addresses).
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:59:32 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Anyone ever see these: Zanotti Armor?  I had heard of assembled safes that this guy I work with who found one in and ad in the Shotgun News.  I wonder if this is the same one.  No prices on the web site (or e-mail addresses).

Yo F,

I've been seeing the Zanotti safes advertised in several LE magazines. From the advertisements they appear to be high quality and modular. There were also some pretty good testimonials to support the product.

I would like to know more, and hopefully they will have a display at the S.H.O.T. Show next year.

Be Safe.

Joe
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:34:12 AM EDT
[#19]

.....just be prepared to wait 3-4 months for delivery. In a personal 'phone call with the man himself about two years ago he revealed his business was booming; orders that used to take 4-6 weeks were getting delayed to 10-12. At that time he did not have his own website; one of his "authorized" sales reps ran one. The catalogue available by request showed two sizes, and assembly method. Maybe things have expanded since then; the man struck me as fiercely independant and traditionally American. His patent on the safe is bulletproof and he runs a small, tight-knit operation; very personal and credible. Price is not cheap, but quality is there.....
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:33:48 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I would like to know more, and hopefully they will have a display at the S.H.O.T. Show next year.

Be Safe.

Joe

Good point.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:07:47 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

You got that right.  

Too bad it looks like the hinges are on the outside.  That's one thing I am trying to avoid.  I am in the market for a safe.  I'll have to give Don a call.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top